Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Super Frank Thread


Jas
 Share
Followers 9

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Given the fixture congestion, I highly doubt we'll see the same lineup for more than 2 consecutive games or 3 at most and I highly doubt Lampard will just leave Mount out even when everyone is available. He will find a way to fit him in somehow. 

Then Mount will be his downfall. Mount is an alright squad player but Lampard wants to use his best players to full extent, he needs to leave out Mount.

 

Yeah, lets say 5 out of 8 consecutive games, like the games you field your first XI in.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't actually believe how well coached we are. Puts it in further perspective when you see the garbage United and Arsenal are spewing. I love the fact Frank isn't so stubborn to try and do it

Our pressing game was superb, and made all the difference today! 4-3-3 with Mount and Havertz to harass opponents and Kante to sweep up behind...that's the way to go. And we have two bombing

Very confused, can only assume the ones being somewhat negative did not watch the game? Aside from Dave and Zouma, I thought we played really well against the European Champions. I was shocked at time

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

After watching Frank de Boers fall from grace after leaving Ajax, I would be hesitant about approaching Erik ten Hag. Not just for us, I dont think ten Hag would of faired well at Bayern either when they wanted him. I think the demands on him at Ajax are nothing compared to a Bayern or a club like us despite Ajax’s success under him. His CL success was good to see and for someone who likes to see these clubs will lesser resources provide a shock, it was refreshing but I think he still has a bit to go before he will get a job of that magnitude.

Nagelsmann, Allegri and Pochettino would all be ahead of him If the club were looking to go for someone else I would think.

Its a weird time now because the number of hugely successful coaches around has dwindled. Clubs have to take a chance more than ever now with younger coaches.

I can't really comment on RDB's Ajax as I never seen them but taking a keen interest of Ten Hag's (not just in CL) I'd think he would be well suited to the squad we have with his style of play.

I wouldn't want Pochettino for reasons I gave the other day. He's awful in the market (look at his transfers with Tottenham, the majority were hopeless), doesn't really play a style that suits our current squad, he isn't really that good at promoting youth either as many claim (Kane fell into his lap and Alli was signed from MK) and there's still huge question marks on whether he can keep his cool when the heat rises, 15/16 run in especially he totally cracked up.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Azul said:

I say give him the full season out of respect, but I officially don't believe in him as a manager anymore.

He's been here for over a year and we still have not seen any improvement. 

I believe we will not win anything this season with him as a manager, but he is still a Chelsea legend so it would be sad to sack him in a couple of months. 

With the outlay we spent, Champions League will be vital especially with fans not in the stadium. We can not afford to miss the champions league so its better to cut our losses early so that we can salvage the season before its too late.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tomo said:

I can't really comment on RDB's Ajax as I never seen them but taking a keen interest of Ten Hag's (not just in CL) I'd think he would be well suited to the squad we have with his style of play.

I wouldn't want Pochettino for reasons I gave the other day. He's awful in the market (look at his transfers with Tottenham, the majority were hopeless), doesn't really play a style that suits our current squad, he isn't really that good at promoting youth either as many claim (Kane fell into his lap and Alli was signed from MK) and there's still huge question marks on whether him when the heat rises, 15/16 run in especially he totally cracked up.

Do agree with some of the Poch reasonings but think his general improvement of Southampton and Spurs as units was impressive as well as the progression some of the players made under him. The likes of Luke Shaw, Son Heung-Min, Adam Lallana, Harry Kane, Victor Wanyama, Christian Eriksen, Jan Vertonghen, Toby Alderweireld etc. all throughly improved under him. Lucas Moura as well sort of rejuvenated a struggling career with him. Even Eric Dier has carved out a career as a semi decent footballer with him. Kieran Trippier as well. Suppose there are the duds but I do think with a bigger budget he’d maybe manage to get one or two players who are better than what he had to sign at Spurs, where their budget perhaps restricted them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

With the outlay we spent, Champions League will be vital especially with fans not in the stadium. We can not afford to miss the champions league so its better to cut our losses early so that we can salvage the season before its too late.

true,,i'm bit of worried from arsenal and the rise of lei - everton form this season. it's gonna be more difficult to secure CL spot. let's return to our basic target in lamps 2nd season,,get the 3rd position comfortably...

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

There is actually no fun in watching Chelsea to be fair, nor was for large parts of last season just because this team is a carousel of misplaced passes, a totally clueless defence, a midfield that is overrun and overpowered every single week etc. It is unbelievable that a club of this stature looks so tactically inept.

Lampard is a club legend and I wish he would succeed here more than anyone, but he is not doing himself any favours, no matter the line up he chooses, there seems to be no improvement at all. 

As soon as Pulisic and Ziyech are fit and ready, he must stop chopping and changing and settle to a formation and stick to it no matter the results. Otherwise there is only one outcome for him.

The bold is where the problem lies for me. For some reason, Lamps thinks he can create a formidable team without any team chemistry. Chopping and changing the starting lineup every match will be the end of him.

I can accept changing formations to cope with opposition, but not having different set of defenders every game, different front 4 every game, different midfield every game. I hope he turns this around, its sad to see. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

The bold is where the problem lies for me. For some reason, Lamps thinks he can create a formidable team without any team chemistry. Chopping and changing the starting lineup every match will be the end of him.

I can accept changing formations to cope with opposition, but not having different set of defenders every game, different front 4 every game, different midfield every game. I hope he turns this around, its sad to see. 

With everyone fit we will steamroll most teams in the country by sheer individual quality, i am sure of that. even without team chemistry. It's probably not the best way forward but I do not really care. Also team chemistry comes with time playing together. I have still not given up this team will grow together as a great group independent of Lampard

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ZaynChelsea said:

Klopp made a midfield out of fking Wijnaldum, Henderson and Milner work and win titles. What the hell are we waiting for Ziyech then? It‘s the coaching.

And Conte made Moses a championship winning RWB.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

-----------------Mendy---------------

Azpi----Zouma---Silva--Chilwell

----------Kova-----Kante-----------

Ziyech-------Havertz------Pulisic

---------------Werner----------------

 

Is our best lineup IMO. If we see it for a few, say 5 matches in a row and still do not improve even my patience has run out. Until then I will keep preaching to have faith.

not yet a full team. people still think frank must replace kante/kova with rice. so let's wait for another splash money this week. to complete our £300 transfer project,,even not success under frank. this gonna be strong team for next manager...

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

With everyone fit we will steamroll most teams in the country by sheer individual quality, i am sure of that. even without team chemistry. It's probably not the best way forward but I do not really care. Also team chemistry comes with time playing together. I have still not given up this team will grow together as a great group independent of Lampard

I actually think the same. We will have enough individual quality to beat most of the teams  and  our issues will be overlooked. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

With everyone fit we will steamroll most teams in the country by sheer individual quality, i am sure of that. even without team chemistry. It's probably not the best way forward but I do not really care. Also team chemistry comes with time playing together. I have still not given up this team will grow together as a great group independent of Lampard

I feel the same too. Lamps system is basically a formation change and no real plan, so it usually depends on the form of the players on the day.

So if more consistent players like Pulisic and Ziyech come in, we should do much better in attack automatically. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kellzfresh said:

I feel the same too. Lamps system is basically a formation change and no real plan, so it usually depends on the form of the players on the day.

So if more consistent players like Pulisic and Ziyech come in, we should do much better in attack automatically. 

This is really no better than Mourinho just relying on individual quality to bail us out of matches. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 0007 said:

I actually think the same. We will have enough individual quality to beat most of the teams  and this will hinder all of the issues we have. 

With great players, basic football often is the best. Just get the ball into the danger men and let them work their magic. Our great 2005 was basically get the ball long to drogba or wide to robben//duff/cole to cross or cutback/layoff to Lampard.

Bayern, PSG, pre-Sarri Juve all play simple football getting the ball to the danger men and let them combine.

Underdog teams like our 2016/7 need coaches with some extravagant plan. Great teams just need freedom and confidence+ a solid defence wheremost of the coaching goes.

Coaches in great teams are there to make the players express themselves to their full potential, fell good. As long as our defence is shit, we obviously wont win a title but we will comfortably get top4 even with lampard in charge.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jason said:

This is really no better than Mourinho just relying on individual quality to bail us out of matches. 

It really is. That's why any match Mount plays well, we play well in attack. When hes poor, we are poor in attack. We cant have a system like liverpool where Firminho is poor but Liverpool still look solid and win the match.

Van dijk made a mistake against leeds just like thiago silva did but Liverpool still won. Robertson made a mistake against arsenal like emerson but Liverpool still won. The system of Liverpool accommodates for player error and allows them to still win in those situations. 

You rarely see one touch passing linkup play from our attackers which is very strange, given how Lamps is seen as an attacking manager. Its so clear there is no attacking patterns coached and Lamps is making it worse by not allowing the players to form an understanding or have chemistry.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Then Mount will be his downfall. Mount is an alright squad player but Lampard wants to use his best players to full extent, he needs to leave out Mount.

This is big issue.

I am not even going to comment about Mount performance.

But before this game he was the only one playing every minute in 4 games.

Now again 90mins. And it was lets not forget Cup game.

Lets say Havertz is 1st choice AM, Mount 2nd and Ross 3rd.

So in the Cup game Frank decides to completely rest his 1st choice and not use at all Barkley who was very good in previous games he played.

But he plays Mason again, player who played every minute? What is the logic here? Sorry but every hate Mount gets is on Lampard.

Jose brings from the bench Kane but Frank did not do the same with Kai? Why? And Kane had a game like 48 hours before and will have another one in 48h again.

Horrible game management from Frank again.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...