Super Frank Thread

Could explain why we seem to be all in for Declan Rice.
I've seen multiple articles explaining our scouting system and personality or character traits seems to be quite high on the list.

Declan has character all right

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

On 12/07/2020 at 8:22 PM, NikkiCFC said:

Azpi Zouma Rudiger Alonso played just two games? 

Liverpool and Everton back to back wins before the break. And two clean sheets.

Wonder why Lampard did not continue with them...

Thank you. Clearly our best defensive line. Another clean sheet. Don't know why he changed it after lockdown. 

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Thank you. Clearly our best defensive line. Another clean sheet. Don't know why he changed it after lockdown. 

I know we have been shit defensively of late but it's Norwich. Let's see how we do if he plays the same duo in the last 3 games. 

41 minutes ago, Jason said:

I know we have been shit defensively of late but it's Norwich. Let's see how we do if he plays the same duo in the last 3 games. 

They have been better then they had for the entire season today and we did not even give them a sniff at goal. This was a highly concentrated defensive performance. We have conceded against all kinds of shit teams. We definitely have conceded tons of chances even vs poor teams like Watford and Villa. But today we completely shut out a team. I think this deserves praise even if it as just Norwich.

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

They have been better then they had for the entire season today and we did not even give them a sniff at goal. This was a highly concentrated defensive performance. We have conceded against all kinds of shit teams. We definitely have conceded tons of chances even vs poor teams like Watford and Villa. But today we completely shut out a team. I think this deserves praise even if it as just Norwich.

Plenty of our defensive combinations have had games this season where they kept the opposition out completely and then looked like clowns in other games. So until we see some actual consistency, I wouldn't praise them just yet, especially when it was only against Norwich today. 

I think pivot of Kovačić and Jorginho gave us stability and balance and less job for defense. Yeah, Mount and Barkley give us more flair, but with defense this fragile and without Kante we should really force those two to play.

Azpi-Zouma-Rudiger-Alonso really looks least bad of our all defensive combinations.

We created many chances, so I think we are set offensively too, we were really lacking a bit of luck to score one of so many chances created. Giroud, Pulisic and Willian are undisputed in this moment if you ask me.

If Frank is going to play this 4-3-3 formation, he should stick with this players, only question is if we play RLC, Barkley or Mount as most advanced midfielder.

25 minutes ago, Mana said:

I am still fuming (although not as much anymore) from that Sheffield Utd defeat. We would have been 1 point from confirming top 4. We somehow have to find 4 points against Liverpool and Wolves.

Sheffield United are a good side, losing to them can happen although the manner of the loss stinks.

If anything, it's the defeats against West Ham (twice!), Bournemouth (plus that stupid 2-2 draw), Newcastle etc that could well cost us. Would have been home and dry by now had we picked up even only half of the points available from those games. 

On 7/6/2020 at 8:25 AM, NikkiCFC said:

Dont know if this is telling something about Frank but Derby is having a strong finish of the season now. 

7th place now, 3 points away from 6th place and play off spot where they finished last season with Frank.

Not to mention that this year squad is nowhere near in terms of quality from last season. They lost Mount, Tomori, Wilson and many others...

Since you posted that, Derby have lost 3 games in a row and look set to miss out on the play-offs - 6 points behind 6th and with a worse goal difference. 

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Since you posted that, Derby have lost 3 games in a row and look set to miss out on the play-offs - 6 points behind 6th and with a worse goal difference. 

Yes, saw that. I was hoping Swansea will get play off to watch Gallagher but not happening.

Nice to see Leeds back in the PL. Brentford can go over WBA...

But than again if we are after Benrahma to replace Willian it is better for us if they dont get promotion.

Shows how narrow the small margins are in football, Krul doesn't show up last night and we're raving over a "fantastic response to Sheffield" instead of an "unconvincing win".

Like when a team gets a 'battling draw' down to opposition's wastefulness they get praised for their bravery and commitment, few weeks later they put a similar type of performance in only this time the opposition have their shooting boots on they're being slated for being cowardly and gutless even though the two performances in terms of their output were pretty much the same.

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Shows how narrow the small margins are in football, Krul doesn't show up last night and we're raving over a "fantastic response to Sheffield" instead of an "unconvincing win".

Like when a team gets a 'battling draw' down to opposition's wastefulness they get praised for their bravery and commitment, few weeks later they put a similar type of performance in only this time the opposition have their shooting boots on they're being slated for being cowardly and gutless even though the two performances in terms of their output were pretty much the same.

Did Krul even make a lot of stunning saves? Apart from that Pulisic shot in the first half, all the other saves he had to make was pretty normal and what you would expect from a keeper, as far as I remember.

I don't know why you are here blowing your trumpet over this. Yes, we created chances and didn't put them away except for one but it's Norwich, they have the worst defence in the league. That aside, our overall play was slow, pedestrian and even predictable. Even Lampard admitted it after the match.

46 minutes ago, Jason said:

Did Krul even make a lot of stunning saves? Apart from that Pulisic shot in the first half, all the other saves he had to make was pretty normal and what you would expect from a keeper, as far as I remember.

I don't know why you are here blowing your trumpet over this. Yes, we created chances and didn't put them away except for one but it's Norwich, they have the worst defence in the league. That aside, our overall play was slow, pedestrian and even predictable. Even Lampard admitted it after the match.

Lets put this another way, we lose 1-0 to Liverpool next week, create absolutely nothing and Kepa/the bar/Liverpool's wastefulness is the only reason it wasn't more, would you be praising us for making it difficult for them? I think we both know the answer to that.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Lets put this another way, we lose 1-0 to Liverpool next week, create absolutely nothing and Kepa/the bar/Liverpool's wastefulness is the only reason it wasn't more, would you be praising us for making it difficult for them? I think we both know the answer to that.

But the problem yesterday wasn't really about creating chances... :carlo: 

I'm not even judging Frank until he has new players and a second season as the gaffer

But

Was the beginning of the seasons electrifying football the fallout of a second seasons Sarriball, or was it Franks football??

I'm starting to wonder.

15 minutes ago, DDA said:

I'm not even judging Frank until he has new players and a second season as the gaffer

But

Was the beginning of the seasons electrifying football the fallout of a second seasons Sarriball, or was it Franks football??

I'm starting to wonder.

It was Frankie footy but along the way we totally lost that formula most of the time, chopping and changing does not help, I hope we see none of that next season.

But even with this group of players we are capable of having good defensive games.

Last 10 games for example:

5 clean sheets. Liverpool, Everton, Leicester, Watford, Norwich.

2 games where we only conceded after set pieces. City and Aston Villa.

And three very bad defensive games: West Ham, Palace and SU.

One leader and top CB would do wonders for us.

This is much more essential than Kepa imo.

In this 10 games worst Kepa moments were first West Ham goal after corner and Zaha goal. And for both goals we have at least two players more responsible.

Yes, I would replace him with Oblak or Turkish guy but if we have to choose world class CB is much more important.