Super Frank Thread

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Today I read on Twitter that Alonso wins 56% of his areal duels, while Digne wins 60% and Chilwell wins 58%. Zouma wins 74% of his aerial duels (in my opinion our best defender and I say that often here on this platform), while Rüdiger only wins 58% of his duels and AC the same. Mount only wins 18%. Our players are just not smart enough with timing, positional awareness and positioning of body do they could win many tackles. There is no coach in the world that could teach them that when they are this old. You can't teach the basics a 29 year old Rüdiger, who played midfielder and striker til he was 16 years old. Not going to happen.
Sarri failed to make us better at set pieces and Lampard too. Our players are not good enough.

And Sarri said height is an issue too. God help him too.

The difference in Rüdiger and VVD is that VVD has high level of football IQ. He knows positioning, he knows how to use his height to his advantage and his timing is also great. Fabinho also has high level of football IQ and knows in which moment to jump and where he should position himself to do so. Alonso is just too stupid for that even though he is more or less the same height. You can't make Rüdiger into VVD just like you can't make Willian into prime Hazard. Just not going to work

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Err, isn't that why I said Lampard saying height is the issue was silly? I don't know why you're going into the specifics here when the issue I have is what Lampard said and even elaborated what our problems are. We have defensive problems and height most certainly isn't the no.1 cause of it! 

Err, isn't that why I said Lampard saying height is the issue was silly? I don't know why you're going into the specifics here when the issue I have is what Lampard said and even elaborated what our problems are. We have defensive problems and height most certainly isn't the no.1 cause of it! 
Should he have said that guys like Rüdiger and Alonso do not have high football IQ and do not know the basics instead?

I went to the details because everyone here thinks that everything is Lampards fault when it comes to set piece defending. I just said that we have to look deeper into it. It is not a coincidence that Sarri and Lampard struggle to solve our set piece defending. Why? Because of the details I pointed out. Lampard can only tell them everything how to do this or that, but when the players do not have the football IQ to know positional awareness in a game, or how to position your body in different moments of the game individually to win tackles or when to time your jumps, what is he supposed to do. You can have the best defense coach of all time and he will not make Rüdiger nor Alonso into top class defenders. You can have the best attacking coach of all time and he will not make Willian into prime Hazard. When Hazard was in his prime, regardless of the coach he delivered. He delivered under Conte, Mourinho and Sarri and carried us for a long time. Willian had many coaches and never got his football IQ right. Never. Why? He is just not good enough to work his weaknesses out. I never see people criticizing Lampard for not improving Willian. Why? Because it is hopeless.

I would understand if Sarri or Conte made our defenders turn into prime Maldini and Lampard turned them into shit, but that is just not the case. We were garbage at defending last season and we still are. We were garbage under Conte (second season) and we still are garbage .There is a reason why Conte switched from a back 4 to a back three because he knew we were this bad and we got slaughtered by Arsenal. He switched into a defensive 3-4-3 and offensive wise it were only Costa, Prime Hazard and Cesc. In the end, we won the title because we parked the bus and whenever we had the ball, Cesc passed it to Costa and Hazard. Hazard won us the title. Second season did not work well for Conte because Hazard was out of shape. So basically his whole system worked because of Hazard. Rest is history

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

Should he have said that guys like Rüdiger and Alonso do not have high football IQ and do not know the basics instead?

This...

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Lampard would be better off saying "yeah, we have a problem and we're gonna try and fix it" or something along those lines.

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

He said that many times. Who would believe him that

Better than talking about height when we know that's not the main cause! :rant:

Talking about a lack of height is just a poor and lazy excuse that sums up the naivety he has shown as a manager as well as the shit to do with in game management. Liverpool and City don’t particularly have height throughout but defend set plays much much better. Its not just down to Ederson/Alisson, Van Dijk/Laporte/Gomez/Otamendi or Fabinho/Rodri either. He would be a fool to think our organisation has been good enough and that we only concede because of a smaller players. Its not as if Pep or Klopp are regarded as defensive coaches either. I mean even Pep’s Barcelona werent great at set plays but they werent exactly weak either and other than Busquets, Toure, Pique, Zlatan among a few others during that period he was there he didnt have a lot of tall players in his team. Again Klopp didnt have to the biggest team either at Dortmund but they were generally good at defending set plays.

2 hours ago, killer1257 said:

He became a Lamps hater

Lamps is my all time favourite player.

I can see him being Chelsea manager for 20 years. 

He pissed me off with height explanation yesterday. And now with Jorginho treatment. Azpi as LB also... 

He pissed me off with height explanation yesterday. And now with Jorginho treatment. Azpi as LB also... 

At least we won. He pisses me also off with Kante and Barkley, but at least he won it today

51 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Mine too.

But I seperatemy admiration for Lamps as a player and my sympathy for him as a person from my appraisal of his management. The latter is still flawed.

I don't really care about what he says to the press. Blaming it on height was a classic Mourinho line to deviate from the actual topic but he will get away with it cos thepress likes him.

Anyway, good game management from Lamps and the lads today. Was not excited by the selection but we got lucky with the pen and from there on it was a cruise. His swaps were a bit dangeorus and because it was only Watford it did not backfire.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Playing Kante in the DM role again against Palace would be the worse! 

Well, I don't think that is going to happen anyway. Looked like Kante did his hamstring today.

On 7/4/2020 at 9:13 PM, killer1257 said:

Today I read on Twitter that Alonso wins 56% of his areal duels, while Digne wins 60% and Chilwell wins 58%. Zouma wins 74% of his aerial duels (in my opinion our best defender and I say that often here on this platform), while Rüdiger only wins 58% of his duels and AC the same. Mount only wins 18%. Our players are just not smart enough with timing, positional awareness and positioning of body do they could win many tackles. Height plays also a role with Azpi and Mount for instance. There is no coach in the world that could teach them that when they are this old. You can't teach the basics to a 29 year old Rüdiger, who played midfielder and striker til he was 16 years old. Not going to happen.

Sarri failed to make us better at set pieces too. Our players are not good enough.

And Sarri said height is an issue too. God help him too.

The difference in Rüdiger and VVD is that VVD has high level of football IQ. He knows positioning, he knows how to use his height to his advantage and his timing is also great. Fabinho also has high level of football IQ and knows in which moment to jump and where he should position himself to do so. Alonso is just too stupid for that even though he is more or less the same height. You can't make Rüdiger into VVD just like you can't make Willian into prime Hazard. Just not going to work

Btw stat is useless without watching how they play. Based on stats, Emerson is one of the best lb in Europe. I mean he can't even beat alonso who is wb in our team. 

4 minutes ago, communicate said:

Btw stat is useless without watching how they play. Based on stats, Emerson is one of the best lb in Europe. I mean he can't even beat alonso who is wb in our team. 

What stats are those? Because I doubt they exist. He hasnt had a good season in terms of consistency or stats since the year before he did his ACL. In Serie A.