Super Frank Thread

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

It would be fine if it was Giroud or Drogba but Tammy isn't very good in the air. I don't think he would have dealt well defensively against Soucek and says a lot that he's zonal marking and not one of the man markers.

In my opinion Azpilicueta defended the goal pretty well given the size difference. It was hardly a bullet header and should have been comfortably dealt with by one of Kepa or Tammy.

he doesnt have to be an excellent header, hes not shooting on a goal, he's just there to head it out of danger, thats all. he's tall, he is capable of that at least i hope so.

Just now, whats happening said:

he doesnt have to be an excellent header, hes not shooting on a goal, he's just there to head it out of danger, thats all. he's tall, he is capable of that at least i hope so.

That's why he's zonal marking in there. 

Watching him, I'd worry that he would be ball watching and not track or successfully mark his man. 

He's played a lot of games this season and fulfilled the same role defending set pieces which to me says Lampard can't trust him to mark and defend man to man.

Said it before and will say it again, the defensive issues will be Lampard's downfall. The Chelsea connection and/or patience won't last forever. 
But Rüdiger is a low level defender. I have been saying this since last season. You can't win anything with him, but it is his fault for giving him so many minutes

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Lamps does not do man marking

Doesn't excuse the marking for West Ham's goal, especially when we had a warning before that with their disallowed goal.

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

But Rüdiger is a low level defender. I have been saying this since last season. You can't win anything with him, but it is his fault for giving him so many minutes

He is crap. We get that. But blaming defenders is only valid till a certain point. 

Defending set piece was a problem for Lampard at Derby and now it is again. His teams have conceded tons of goals and have not kept a lot of clean sheets. Have seen teams with arguably worse defenders defend better as a unit than us. 

15 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

That's why he's zonal marking in there. 

Watching him, I'd worry that he would be ball watching and not track or successfully mark his man. 

He's played a lot of games this season and fulfilled the same role defending set pieces which to me says Lampard can't trust him to mark and defend man to man.

maybe youre right. i just know he's good on the first post.

8 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Who should be Kepa replaced with? Caballero? No thanks, didn‘t really hit the ground running either.

He would have saved both corner goals tonight. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

It's no wonder we can't defend at all when Lampard is saying things like this...

FUCKING HELL!

WOW! 

I am shocked that he sees it this way.

And it was not just this game. Goal we conceded against Villa, Mount was covering tall Villa CB who scored.

Chelsea:Valencia 0:1. Set piece goal by Rodrigo 1.80cm. Tammy 191cm was close to him :rolleyes:

Chelsea:Liverpool 1:2 Firmino 1.81cm scored between Alonso 1.88cm and Chris 1.90cm.

Newcastle:Chelsea 1:0 Hayden 1.87cm scored near Rudiger 1.90cm.

Many, many similar situations...

So saying it is a height issue is PURE BS! 

It is all on him!!!

Also last season with Sarri we conceded 39 goals in 38 PL games. 29 in 36 if you take away those two crazy games against City and Bournemouth.

44 already with Frank in 32. Surely over 50 by the end.

Dont tell me it is because we lost Luiz.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

It's happened twice now which makes it even worse.

I like when managers have tactical flexibility but we maybe put two best performances this season just before the break against Liverpool and Everton.

Why he needed to change anything after? 

Even tho we won against Villa, City and Leicester I dont think we had good performances in those games...

Did people watch the game? The focus is on the defensive tactics, but today's result is on individual errors.

1-0 and seconds before the end of first half Rudiger concedes a fucking corner in a very clumsy way. 1x1. Rudiger and Christensen acted both as clown on West Ham second and third goals.

26 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Also last season with Sarri we conceded 39 goals in 38 PL games. 29 in 36 if you take away those two crazy games against City and Bournemouth.

44 already with Frank in 32. Surely over 50 by the end.

Dont tell me it is because we lost Luiz.

Luiz was by far our best CB. It speaks loud about our lack of quality at the defense.

I know this will be in people's heads..., but I hope he does NOT chop and change the back 4 after this result. Maybe bring on Zouma for one of the CBs but nothing more.

Experimentation with the back 4 is just a disaster waiting to happen at this late stage. I do not want to see lackluster Emerson play and make our attack even more inept

Getting rid of a winning formula with Giroud starting up front, was itself a massive mistake.   Hope he rectifies that one.

27 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

I know this will be in people's heads..., but I hope he does NOT chop and change the back 4 after this result. Maybe bring on Zouma for one of the CBs but nothing more.

Experimentation with the back 4 is just a disaster waiting to happen at this late stage. I do not want to see lackluster Emerson play and make our attack even more inept

Getting rid of a winning formula with Giroud starting up front, was itself a massive mistake.   Hope he rectifies that one.

In the last 14 games we had just 3 clean sheets and this were the only three games we had Zouma-Rudiger pairing. Liverpool, Everton, Leicester... 

Not saying they are good players just they work better together.