Super Frank Thread

Lets be honest, late February, the team is a mess on the pitch.

Players who were not even making the bench out of nowhere are selected to start games. Players who were in good form are benched for no good reason. Players in bad form start game after game.

Forget Lampard the player. Lampard the player is a living legend. Lampard the manager is easily  the worst manager of Roman Abramovich era. Today's result is irrelevant, and VAR was a disgrace but Lampard got it wrong both in tactics and team selection.

2 most used arguments to back Lampard are:

1- The  team didn't sign anyone and the squad is not good enough, so Lampard is overachieving. 

2- Guardiola and Klopp also had terrible first seasons when both were hired by City and Liverpool

Lets check this arguments:

1- The number argument is probably the most used, and the one that makes mad!! For one simple reason: Spurs, United and Arsenal also have limited squads and they didn't make any big signings in past 2 transfer windows, and when a say "big signings" I'm not talking about the amount of money, but the quality. Arsenal biggest signing was David Luiz, and United biggest signing was Maguire. But lets forget about "big six teams". Right now Leicester is 9 points clear, and Sheffield is only 2 points behind. But of course, @Fernando will probably suggest Leicester have a much better squad and that Sheffield have better players.

2- If you want to bring Klopp and Guardiola first seasons in Premier League into discussion, feel free, but I don't see the point of comparison since Lampard previous managerial experience is: a single season as Derby County manager in Championship where he finished 6th in regular season !! Again, Lampard previous managerial experience is a single season as Derby County manager in Championship where he finished in 6th in regular season. Both Guardiola and Klopp were already considered one of the best managers you one team could hire.

There is no much point in continuing this discussion, because who believe Lampard is the right man just want to bring things to support their point of view despite the evidences. Pochettino is free in the market, and Nuno Espirito Santo and Brendan Rodgers are just better managers than Lampard. 

If Lampard indeed become a great manager in the future I will be the first to admit I was wrong, but I don't think thats the case here. Yes, the team is 4th right now and might end in 4th, but I will use an argument people used a lot in this forum to support managers: "you can't always look at results". Even if the team finish inside top 4 I don't expect great things from Lampard next seasons, because the team played a good football for like 10% of the season. Even when the team is winning there are a lot of problems there, like team conceding silly goals or almost throwing easy victories. I think there few games this season where we could say "wow, what a performance". 

Next season is set to be a wasted season if he still is the manager by the started of 20/21 season.

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

This argument drove me insane back in early parts of the season when people were using this. Cannot compare, you just cannot. The easiest counterpunch to this argument is that Pep and Klopp actually have CVs while Frank is empty.

Pep came to Manchester City and Klopp came to Liverpool as professional coaches in the game. They didn't come in for work experience like Lampard.

Pep/Klopp is the modern version of SAF. Years ago the argument was: "SAF stayed "X" season with United without wining a single trophy. Eventually the results came." This was used as proof that managerial stability is key to success, and that eventually the good results would always come. This argument started to die after Wenger showed us the other side of managerial stability: sometimes if you don't sack the manager, season after season he will just collect failures after failures, and it also died after United didn't show the same patience they showed with SAF back in the day: the days when United could wait 7 years for a manager to bring a big trophy are long gone.

Now Pep/Klopp are the role model, specially Klopp. People will try to see a Klopp pattern in Lampard: 1st season will be a mess, full of bad results, but in Lampard's 3th season we will be strong on Europe again, in his 4th season will win win it and will fighting for PL trophy, and in 5th season we will easily win PL breaking records in the process.

Just now, Jason said:

Maybe you guys should go protest outside Stamford Bridge because there certainly have not been any talks about Lampard getting the sack in the media (unlike this last season with Sarri)...

I think Lampard needs pressure to be put on him. He's been protected by the media so far. 

This argument drove me insane back in early parts of the season when people were using this. Cannot compare, you just cannot. The easiest counterpunch to this argument is that Pep and Klopp actually have CVs while Frank is empty.
Pep came to Manchester City and Klopp came to Liverpool as professional coaches in the game. They didn't come in for work experience like Lampard.

Guardiola won the CL without having any expierence. He just had the best team of all time. You can have a good CV and suck and you can have a no CV and be good.

In my opinion, there is not one coach that would make that team better. You can't make Willian into a World class Player. Just not possible. You can't make Rüdiger into a Ball playing World class defender with Football IQ. Not possible.
Same with Zouma. Pedro is past his prime.
Maybe Simeone would make our defense better but we would drew all the time instead of winning or losing. This is also not the way to go.

If Mou or Conte were our coaches, Zouma, And Rüdiger would also play all the time. James and Tammy would have been loaned out and Batsman and Giroud would be our main strikers.
I have seen many Chelsea Coaches making all kinds of weird decisions. Mou thought that Iva was World class back then when he cost us points all the time.
Lamps just needs some Good players. Conte Mou all had the luck to have Eden. They also had prime Cesc and Costa, who we also do not have

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Pressure from the media is nothing if the board remain still as they are right now. 

We need a reaction from him as virtually nothing has improved. We need something. Instead of the media accepting his faults, I want to see genuine criticism and speculation over his future here because this repeating nature of errors is truly unacceptable. 

Maybe you guys should go protest outside Stamford Bridge because there certainly have not been any talks about Lampard getting the sack in the media (unlike this last season with Sarri)...
Sarri had RLC is his best days and Hazard, who is the greatest Chelsea Player of all time. Lamps does have Mount and Willian as their replacements instead. Our squad sucks. Sarri had a way better Squad. One World class Player makes a huge difference. I see that all the time when I watch Barcelona. Take Messi out of the team and that Team is garbage apart from Griezmann. Even stats show that. People forget that we were Hazard FC.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

We need a reaction from him as virtually nothing has improved. We need something. Instead of the media accepting his faults, I want to see genuine criticism and speculation over his future here because this repeating nature of errors is truly unacceptable. 

Why do you think I suggested the protest outside the stadium? :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, nono said:

Cant wait for next season when we have Ziyech and a couple more signings at least. I hope the rest of this season is not going to be just as painful as this game.

Take the couple more signings and multiply it by 4. That is how many new signings we need to compete.