Jas
Followers 9

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't actually believe how well coached we are. Puts it in further perspective when you see the garbage United and Arsenal are spewing. I love the fact Frank isn't so stubborn to try and do it

Very confused, can only assume the ones being somewhat negative did not watch the game? Aside from Dave and Zouma, I thought we played really well against the European Champions. I was shocked at time

Our pressing game was superb, and made all the difference today! 4-3-3 with Mount and Havertz to harass opponents and Kante to sweep up behind...that's the way to go. And we have two bombing

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Agree Manpe - it is a steep learning curve for all. Apparently they all go for a run together and discuss tactics that way ! But a wiser head in the background wouldn't be amiss.

Guus Hiddink and Avram Grant FTW

:ph34r:

Image result for Guus Hiddink and Avram GrantImage result for Avram Grant

Image result for lol gif

• Like 2

Chelsea bosses understand club’s new place in shifting landscape, says coach Frank Lampard

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/chelsea-frank-lampard-bosses-understand-new-position-champions-league-defeat-bayern-munich-a9366281.html

Frank Lampard has said his Chelsea bosses fully understand the Blues’ place in a shifting Premier League pecking order.

The Chelsea manager believes the top-flight landscape has changed, with Manchester City and Liverpool muscling into the centre of that picture, and has said owner Roman Abramovich and director Marina Granovskaia share his views on the club’s route back to the top.

“I think the landscape of the Premier League has changed,” said Lampard.

“Manchester City and Liverpool have set incredible standards in the league, and also we had some outside influences with the [transfer] ban and with circumstance – a huge player [Eden Hazard] left the club. Those things are there.

“We are certainly on the same page here when I speak with the board and we have all our conversations - there is no doubt we know we are fighting for fourth place.”

snip

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea bosses understand club’s new place in shifting landscape, says coach Frank Lampard

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/chelsea-frank-lampard-bosses-understand-new-position-champions-league-defeat-bayern-munich-a9366281.html

Frank Lampard has said his Chelsea bosses fully understand the Blues’ place in a shifting Premier League pecking order.

The Chelsea manager believes the top-flight landscape has changed, with Manchester City and Liverpool muscling into the centre of that picture, and has said owner Roman Abramovich and director Marina Granovskaia share his views on the club’s route back to the top.

“I think the landscape of the Premier League has changed,” said Lampard.

“Manchester City and Liverpool have set incredible standards in the league, and also we had some outside influences with the [transfer] ban and with circumstance – a huge player [Eden Hazard] left the club. Those things are there.

“We are certainly on the same page here when I speak with the board and we have all our conversations - there is no doubt we know we are fighting for fourth place.”

snip

Ohh they know the landscape now do they? Do they also recognise we are here cuz of them having not much know-how? Shambolic is what they are.

• Like 1

I think the major issue is defense. 

Because attack minded he has the right philosophy. 

Mind you that City and Liverpool improve massively with top defenders. 

I know Lampard ain't in that bracket of manager, but I'm sure our win rates will improve massively with a top defense. Defense should be our priority this summer. 

• Like 4

Lampard's defensive tactics has been shocking, but to be fair those defensive players are just full of shite. Bin them. I want the current defense binned this summer.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I think the major issue is defense. 

Because attack minded he has the right philosophy. 

Mind you that City and Liverpool improve massively with top defenders. 

I know Lampard ain't in that bracket of manager, but I'm sure our win rates will improve massively with a top defense. Defense should be our priority this summer. 

We've had 39 goals against so far. The next team to have worse is Everton in 11th. Needs a huge improvement definitely.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Mana said:

Lampard's defensive tactics has been shocking, but to be fair those defensive players are just full of shite. Bin them. I want the current defense binned this summer.

last year the defensive phase was better. 39 goal concedeed, but lost 4-0 with bournemouth and 6-0 with city

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

last year the defensive phase was better. 39 goal concedeed, but lost 4-0 with bournemouth and 6-0 with city

Last season our defense has also been shocking. 

It's just that this season took the word 'shocking' to a whole new level.

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Mana said:

This is Lampard's defensive record as a manager:

97 games

21 clean sheets

127 goals conceded

He might not have had any world class defenders but you can only blame individuals for so long. Like you said, we weren't great defensively last season but this season, it's a whole new level of shocking! And our defence lost only Luiz last summer but saw James and Tomori added into the team. Not much difference in the choices but the collective defending has been shambolic a lot of the times!

• Like 3
Last season our defense has also been shocking. 
It's just that this season took the word 'shocking' to a whole new level.
Most likely because we can't kill matches no more. Giroud had two 100% Chances and Alonso could have scored one more (he still is our best finisher right now haha) and we let our opponents stay in the game.

We have way too many shitty players. Rüdiger, AC, Pedro,Willian and Barkley don't belong to a Top 4 Club. And sadly most of them are starters

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

97 games

21 clean sheets

127 goals conceded

He might not have had any world class defenders but you can only blame individuals for so long. Like you said, we weren't great defensively last season but this season, it's a whole new level of shocking!

Everytime they get a corner you think shit...and most the time one in the game has led to a goal.

Ffs Arsenal scored from our corner. It's stupid mistakes over and over. We shouldnt be so bad 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Jason said:

97 games

21 clean sheets

127 goals conceded

He might not have had any world class defenders but you can only blame individuals for so long. Like you said, we weren't great defensively last season but this season, it's a whole new level of shocking! And our defence lost only Luiz last summer but saw James and Tomori added into the team. Not much difference in the choices but the collective defending has been shambolic a lot of the times!

I thought I made it clear Lampard isn't the guy to take us forward to winning titles, but I'm just saying we should not point at Lampard only at this. The players has been super crap.

I don't know what happened to Rudiger, I wanted him back for so long - only for me to bang my head on the wall with his defending.

If we are going to keep Lampard for next season, at least sack his coaching staff and bring staff that has solid experience, and know what they're doing. We cannot continue like this going to next season. We may get nice quality up front, but if the defense continues to be shocking like this, we will get nowhere.

• Like 3
Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

Our possession play may had something to do with it. That and a recongised back line 

Yes, we had a lot of sterile possession under Sarri and Lampard does want us to play a lot quicker and all that but it's scary how we have lost that ability to maintain some sterile possession, even just for 2-3 minutes, to slow the game down when needed. We keep on wanting to play at 200 miles per hour and as a result, we don't control games in a calm manner and always risk turning them into a basketball match. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Mana said:

I thought I made it clear Lampard isn't the guy to take us forward, but I'm just saying we should not point at Lampard only at this. The players has been super crap.

I don't know what happened to Rudiger, I wanted him back for so long - only for me to bang my head on the wall with his defending.

If we are going to keep Lampard for next season, at least sack his coaching staff and bring staff that has solid experience, and know what they're doing. We cannot continue like this going to next season. We may get nice quality up front, but if the defense continues to be shocking like this, we will get nowhere.

The players have been crap, sure, but it's not entirely on them is it? Take for example our starting XI against Bayern vs the starting XI that played Barcelona in the R16 1st leg 2 years ago.

2017/18 - Courtois - Rudiger/Christensen/Azpi - Alonso/Kante/Fabregas/Moses - Hazard/Willian/Pedro

vs

2019/20 - Caballero - Rudiger/Christensen/Azpi - Alonso/Jorginho/Kovacic/James - Barkley/Mount/Giroud

Kante and Hazard aside, there's not much difference in the two XIs but the defensive organization was night and day. If the team is already struggling to score to win games, then at least make the team hard to beat but we don't do that, do we? We're so easy to score against and so easy to get at. Bournemouth should have scored 2-3 goals in the first 10-15 minutes today but thankfully, they didn't. But in the second half, they had 2-3 chances and they scored 2 goals, one of which was from a set piece and it's an issue that's been plaguing Lampard since Derby last season. 

• Like 2

Look at Arsenal today. They have quality up front, including Aubameyang at his prime. Top goalscorer in the PL.

Against Olympiakos, he done a bicycle kick goal and that should have concluded the tie.

...only for their defense to feck everything up.

And that's why our defense needs major changes. They need to be binned. You cannot build a house without laying out the foundations. You win titles by having a rock solid defense.

Bin the lot of them. I'll spare James and maybe Tomori, but bin the lot of them if we want to start winning things.

• Like 2