Super Frank Thread

8 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

Are they? I'd argue the absolute opposite and say we're making the same mistakes, which is what is so infuriating. 

Hmmm. I hope Liverpool felt that same way about klopp when they were finishing 10th. 

1 minute ago, 1905didierblue said:

Hmmm. I hope Liverpool felt that same way about klopp when they were finishing 10th. 

Klopp had experience. 

Lampard's naivety does concern me. I just feel he isn't learning as much as he can from our defeats and disappointing results. He is a long-term appointment, and, like I said, I fully support him, but he deserves criticism just as much as the players do. 

10 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

Klopp had experience. 

Lampard's naivety does concern me. I just feel he isn't learning as much as he can from our defeats and disappointing results. He is a long-term appointment, and, like I said, I fully support him, but he deserves criticism just as much as the players do. 

Guess people got to gain experience somewhere but dont think this was the best time to do it. Transfer ban and team that needs work. Throwing him into the mix...just seems badly timed.

15 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

Klopp had experience. 

Funnily enough Klopp had the exact same critisisms thrown at him early on as to what Lampard is now. It took him two and a half years and two record breaking signings until his defensive word were fixed.

That's not me implying we will turn into a century of points standard team within two years, but there's a lot of rewriting of history when it comes to Klopp, even LFC fans were unconvinced he'd build a title challenging side and we all know how biased they are to their own club and players/managers.

Klopp only sorted his defence out by buying VVD. Otherwise they would be half the defence they are today.

Laporte injured and Guardiola not able to sort his defence out. Let‘s wait for our transfer windows. Still we need to do better against shit teams.

21 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

Klopp had experience. 

Klopp made the same mistakes too. And that's the point I am trying to make. These guys play a certain way and a certain brand of football. Look at what 2 world class players has done for klopp. 

Tell me his league positions and goals conceded in his first 2 seasons at pool. 

Stop beating lamps with the experience stick and making a mountain out of a molehill. A lot of our problems would be solved by better players. 

1 minute ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Klopp only sorted his defence out by buying VVD. Otherwise they would be half the defence they are today.

Laporte injured and Guardiola not able to sort his defence out. Let‘s wait for our transfer windows. Still we need to do better against shit teams.

Exactly this. Well put mate.

7 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Lampard emphasises how we need to get recruitment right in January. 

The problem is, who are the right players we can really get? The ones everyone are talking about are highly unobtainable in January. So do we stick with what we have and be patient or just go get the second rate players? 

21 minutes ago, Nicco said:

Imagine comparing Klopp to Frankie who is clueless all across the field.

Can understand your frustration, I am also not happy with the development but still, he has been here half a season without a complete Transfer window and preparation.

Furthermore, who would be the alternative? I can only think of Simeone being a good fit and I doubt he would leave Atleti. So let‘s give Lamps the benefit of the doubt.

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think a lot of his critisism is well over the top but one thing I will call him out on is breaking the midfield trio of Jorginho, Kova and Mount.

Them being the main three coincided with our best performances and results of the season, the Watford game especially was an absolute joy to watch and we dominated it yet that midfield has only been used once since, it's absolute madness.

I think he may have been put off by that midfield trio after that 4-4 Ajax game, similar to when Mourinho went into full lock-down mode after losing 4-2 to Bradford and 5-3 at Spurs in 2014/15. 

Just now, ZaynChelsea said:

Can understand your frustration, I am also not happy with the development but still, he has been here half a season without a complete Transfer window and preparation.

Furthermore, who would be the alternative? I can only think of Simeone being a good fit and I doubt he would leave Atleti. So let‘s give Lamps the benefit of the doubt.

I'd get Pochettino immediately if I could.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think he may have been put off by that midfield trio after that 4-4 Ajax game, similar to when Mourinho went into full lock-down mode after losing 4-2 to Bradford and 5-3 at Spurs in 2014/15. 

I can understand not playing that trio in big games but against every team outside the big six (aswell as Leicester and potentially Wolves) it should be the midfield every time.