Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Gareth Bale

Vybz Kartel
Followers 0

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think we would get laughed out of whatever meeting if we even proposed such a thing. We would have to pay Real Madrid to take Willian. 

Exactly my point....even Willy of late looks more effective than the current Bale. RM would love it if we paid 60m for him.

• Like 1
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd have him here.

Gareth Bale has an offer from Chelsea to join the club next summer in a €60m deal, according to El Desmarque. http://sportwitness.co.uk/claim-real-madrid-forward-chelsea-offer-next-summer-la-liga

Bale turns 31 next year and given his injury record, can he survive the physicality of the Premier League? How long does he have left at the top level? Moreover, we all know the club's stance on playe

11 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

If he could handle the physical side of the PL now? I think that is a bit of ridiculous comment to make in all honesty, the guy has probably been stronger physically in terms of his build than he was in his last year or two at Spuds since going to Madrid. Yes he has had his fair share of injuries in the past 2 and a half seasons yes but couldn't handle the physical side of the PL? Cmon. The guys British, played in the PL for however many years.... he could definitely do it again in the PL

I meant that in regards to his injuries. Bale has been playing in a league that is less physical than the Premier League for years and he still gets injured like 3/4 of the time. How much have those injuries affected his physical state? If he's already breaking down easily in Spain, then I think it's a fair question to ask whether he can handle the Premier League right now after years of injuries. That's my point. I know he played in it in the past but that was before he became injury prone. Bale's main strengths are his pace and physicality but take those out, then I'm not sure what else he's got to compensate for them. He's basically half of the player he is (or even less) without those qualities. 

18 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Exactly my point....even Willy of late looks more effective than the current Bale. RM would love it if we paid 60m for him.

Again I think your getting a bit carried away with yourself, I have no idea what Bale played like the last game for Madrid but to say Willian looking more effective than him. hmmm. 

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

I meant that in regards to his injuries. Bale has been playing in a league that is less physical than the Premier League for years and he still gets injured like 3/4 of the time. How much have those injuries affected his physical state? If he's already breaking down easily in Spain, then I think it's a fair question to ask whether he can handle the Premier League right now after years of injuries. That's my point. I know he played in it in the past but that was before he became injury prone. Bale's main strengths are his pace and physicality but take those out, then I'm not sure what else he's got to compensate for them. He's basically half of the player he is (or even less) without those qualities. 

Maybe but I still think he would be fine in the PL. His injuries again, while they have been a few but hes hardly at the sort of level of injury prone you'd associate with other players like Jack Wilshere or various others over the years like Michael Owen etc who have missed months and months of football almost every season or beyond 6 months in a season. Hes still managed to play 42 games last season in all competitions, 39 games the season before. 2016-17 he only managed 27 games in all competitions which is where he struggled with fitness a lot I think. Plenty life left in him I would say and when you see him play hes still as quick as ever (watching Wales on the tablet, still looks breakneck speed and then Scotland on my laptop haha).

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Again I think your getting a bit carried away with yourself, I have no idea what Bale played like the last game for Madrid but to say Willian looking more effective than him. hmmm. 

Trust me Im livid we didnt sell Willy twice to Barca, but Bale aint much better in my eyes, at least Willy under Frank works somehwat hard, I see none of that with Bale. Now he may hate to play under zidane but his overall quality has diminished big time and only getting older and slower and for 60m that is just not viable and pretty stupid imo. THis version of Bale offers us nothing for the sum and wages it will require.

8 hours ago, Nicco said:

What has Willian done in the last 5 years exactly? He can't score to save his life.

Lolol. Here we have a player, who had almost called quit, by going to china. It was only asensio's injury that cancelled the move, and now people want to get him at Chelsea. What a joke. Anyways, rumors, that's it. No way Frank would be considering it.

Must be avoided at all costs.

Although he's lasted a bit longer than I thought he would at some point he's got a Torres/Alexis decline written all over him.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...
On 11/10/2019 at 14:37, Tomo said:

Must be avoided at all costs.

Although he's lasted a bit longer than I thought he would at some point he's got a Torres/Alexis decline written all over him.

I don't usually play "i told you" but this was so obvious i couldn't believe i was in the minority.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

I don't usually play "i told you" but this was so obvious i couldn't believe i was in the minority.

To be honest I did think he would of done better. Or at least in terms of minutes played anyway, but I suppose if your managers picking Eric Lamela ahead of you reguarly or using him as a sub first somethings not quite right. 

Hes not set the world alight and probably would never have reached the heights he did at Spurs before and Real but he has 10 goals and 3 assists in 1135 minutes. Not necessarily a bad return considering its a goal involvement every 87 minutes or so. Fair some are in the Europa but also in 569 minutes in the PL he has 5 goals and 2 assists (more a purple patch though). Didn’t justify the huge wages and loan fee though... even funnier how hes basically fucking Spur off to go back to Real in the summer by sounds of it to continue picking up his pay check. Think the money he’s on and his treatment at Real now has probably killed his desire to try kick start his career. 

A similar sort of situation has occurred at Arsenal with Willian also, huge wages and not the level of output you’d expect after his returns last season (although probably more a one off as was best statistical season in his career for G and A), has 0 goals and 7 assists (5 in league).