• Loftus-Cheek
    • Hazard
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Giroud
    • Zappacosta (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

Just now, !Hazard! said:

I would be surprised to see the same lineup on Saturday I'm afraid. RLC might start but I think Emerson, Christensen and CHO will be benched

WHU game is on Monday, not Saturday :)

Yeah, it's likely that they'll be benched as we'll face Slavia next Thursday and then Liverpool on Sunday so it's 3 games in 7 days. It's gonna be hard to rotate right.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RLC 8 goals and 4 assists this season in very limited game time. Should be starter no doubt! Kovacic 0/2.

It's so nice to see some actual incisive, quick thinking passes in the final third. Forming little triangles like you see City and Liverpool often doing. We've played sides like this all season who si

why the foooook did it take until 32 games if for old smokey to finally field a goddamn proper lineup in the EPL!!!!!   so frustrating

1 minute ago, !Hazard! said:

I would be surprised to see the same lineup on Saturday I'm afraid. RLC might start but I think Emerson, Christensen and CHO will be benched

We're playing on Monday night, actually.

Interesting to see if he's gonna change things for this or the EL game. 

4 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

I think you're bang on bud.........unfortunately

• Like 1

My mistake apparently we're playing on Monday :D Well that does change things a little although there's a yet another game already on Thursday. CHO might just have a chance to start on Monday. Emerson will be benched tho, thats guaranteed. Christensen probably as well. They could feature again on Thursday.

A nice, comfortable, easy win for a change. But what are the odds on Sarri reverting to the old BS on Monday now that he's saved his job (for now) and appeased the fans?

• Like 1

Can we FINALLY put this 'CHO isn't good enough to start in the EPL' SHIT to fucking bed??????????

He is only 18 and already an tempo inflection point and a force multiplier.

I am just going to go batshit cray if we lose the lad.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Jason said:

A nice, comfortable, easy win for a change. But what are the odds on Sarri reverting to the old BS on Monday now that he's saved his job (for now) and appeased the fans?

Think we all expect it so be nice to be surprised 

31 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Can someone check this for me?

When was the last time Chelsea Football Club fielded 3 academy graduates in the league?

I'm not sure if it was the last time but in 2016 in the last game of the season against Leicester there was Loftus-Cheek, Tomori and Abraham on the field, also Bertrand Traoré, if he counts.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

When was the last time Chelsea Football Club fielded 3 academy graduates in the league?

I don't remember it ever happening tbh since I started watching pretty much every Chelsea game, but I might be mistaken.

in 2016 in the last game of the season against Leicester there was Loftus-Cheek, Tomori and Abraham on the field, also Bertrand Traoré, if he counts.

Guess I was mistaken.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

:wub:

Changes.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

Nice comfortable win. I hope we see a similar lineup against West Ham instead of Sarri reverting.

I agree I want to see more of RLC and CHO they have to started against west ham 

• Like 1

One thing we might be forgetting is how gritty and unforgiving Christensen was to the players he was marking in this game. Hounded them and made some good moves, tackles, runs and passes. Obviously taking in how to be more physical as a CB (watching Rudiger?).

• Like 2

Emerson and RLC play and we win comfortably and play cool.

But wait next game Sarri throws Barkley and Alonso back in and we will play like crap.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, the wes said:

I agree I want to see more of RLC and CHO they have to started against west ham 

There is bigger chance Messi will be starting that game.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, DYC. said:

Jorginho can't play lone holding midfielder in the PL. He needs support if you're gonna play him.

Both Kante and Jorginho are better suited to a double pivot in front of defence. He can continue to play his normal game but has less ground to cover. This allows Kante to play his normal game too. Kovacic is better suited to a midfield two as well.

The balance with the lone holding midfielder is off. Making the defence appear (even) weaker.

Yes jorginho is too slow against most team in epl but in my opinion that is not our biggest problem. We don't have monster striker so we need to create plenty of chances but most of the times against physical team which is pretty much all of team in epl we struggle to create anything. 

That is why I like Ruben. Clearly he has flaws in his game but he can beat player with sheer strength which is what we need. But he had back problems. Back problem is dangerous, it can linger for a long time of not handled properly. 

• Like 3