• Kovacic (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RLC 8 goals and 4 assists this season in very limited game time. Should be starter no doubt! Kovacic 0/2.

It's so nice to see some actual incisive, quick thinking passes in the final third. Forming little triangles like you see City and Liverpool often doing. We've played sides like this all season who si

why the foooook did it take until 32 games if for old smokey to finally field a goddamn proper lineup in the EPL!!!!!   so frustrating

Great goal, inital pass from Eden to Callum was great, excellent low centre and finished well by Oli. Eden should have scored chance few mins before tho or at least hit the target.

Jorginho can't play lone holding midfielder in the PL. He needs support if you're gonna play him.

Both Kante and Jorginho are better suited to a double pivot in front of defence. He can continue to play his normal game but has less ground to cover. This allows Kante to play his normal game too. Kovacic is better suited to a midfield two as well.

The balance with the lone holding midfielder is off. Making the defence appear (even) weaker.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, DYC. said:

Jorginho can't play lone holding midfielder in the PL. He needs support if you're gonna play him.

Both Kante and Jorginho are better suited to a double pivot in front of defence. He can play his normal game but has less ground to cover. Kovacic is better suited to a midfield two as well.

The balance with the lone holding midfielder is off. Making the defence appear (even) weaker.

yep, 4 2 3 1

3 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Both Kante and Jorginho are better suited to a double pivot in front of defence. He can play his normal game but has less ground to cover. Kovacic is better suited to a midfield two as well.

he doesn't. He plays a DLP role, like a Pirlo.

Kante and the LCM should provide that support, but the system does not quite work. RLC as LCM does not provide that, hence my comment about using this lineup against strong opposition. 

Just now, Robchels said:

he doesn't. He plays a DLP role, like a Pirlo.

Kante and the LCM should provide that support, but the system does not quite work. RLC as LCM does not quite provide that, hence my comment about using this lineup against strong opposition. 

Come on, I can see that. I didn't say defensive midfielder, I said holding midfielder. As in the midfielder who sits deep.

Agree with the last part. Though Cheek has never been tried at LCM. This is only his second start in the PL

I knew it from day dot that Odoi was going to be a huge player for us. Absolute menace on the wing. What a player.

2 minutes ago, DYC. said:

I'd even take 3-4-3 or 4-4-2.

or my mythical 3 1 3 3 that we are absolutely convinced is worth a go for a half

Kepa

Azpi                    Luiz                               Rudiger   

Kante (roving destroyer)

RLC/Barkley       Jorginho                          Kovacic

CHO                   Giroud/Higs                    Hazard

Just now, Mana said:

Willian has played 10 years of professional football. Of course there will be huge facepalms if he did it.

This is CHO’s first game that he started...ever, at 18. Rush of blood. That’s why he needs to learn. And the only way to learn is for him to gain more experience in the high level.

I agree. I'm just saying it would of been hilarious to see his reputation go further down the drain. 

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

Willian has played 10 years of professional football. Of course there will be huge facepalms if he did it.

This is CHO’s first game that he started...ever, at 18. Rush of blood. That’s why he needs to learn. And the only way to learn is for him to gain more experience in the high level.

The is why the needs more experience excuse for not getting played is so stupid. Won't get that experience sat on a bench! 

Hopefully this is a turning point not a one off