Didier Drogba

DYC.

Didier is a fucking legend, and aside from Zola my alltime favourite, he is it he just IS IT he is an icon to me.

That aside he had his flaws, he was back to his worst in 10/11 under Carlo, really didn't do anything, but this was DOWN TO HIS MALARIA everybody knows this, what annoied me the most, was Carlo kept playing him on an and on, this was awfull, he had no breath no power like before but still played.

I don't know if it was Carlos fault or his demanding to play all the time despite being ill.

That was a reason for me, why I still think carlo is an awfull yes-men. I couldn't hear his "Aye ehm ehppie wisse skuadeh" anymore at a ceratin point.

2007 - FA cup final against united.

2009 - FA cup semi final arsenal.

2009 - fa cup final everton

2010 - fa cup final portsmouth

2010 - fa cup semi final villa.

2012- fa cup semi final tottenham

2012- fa cup final liverpool.

2007 - carling cup final arsenal

2008 - carling cup final totenham

2008 - ucl semis against liverpool

2009- ucl semis liverpool

2012 - ucl semi barca

2012 - ucl final against bayern.

but u r right. we should forget all of this plus his golden boot winning 2009-10 season because of moscow.

When did I say Drogba didn't deliever in the big games? I'm a biggest Drogba fan as much as the next man, don't get me wrong, I'm just pointing out that there was games that he didn't deliever in and wasn't the angel that everyone makes out to be.

But lets remember him for the games you stated instead of the others, every player has there flaws, Drogba won us the Champions League.

Yes Alex I surely misunderstood your post then, because I thought you were talking about him since he came.But why to only focus on two years to say he was lazy and forget the five/six years when he was a gladiator for us on the pitch ? I think its unfaire to describe him as lazy because of what happened.

For quite a lot of his games - and far, far more than 90% of people on here will ever concede - you could describe Drogba as "lazy" or "lethargic", take your pick. In my honest opinion, I remember as many games Drogba had in his latter two years here that would be described by those two terms, as opposed to being described as anything around "good". I'm just being absolutely objective here.

I'm not "forgetting" anything. I loved and worshipped Didier as much as the next person. Hell, I've even got his name and number on the back of my 11/12 kit (an inspired choice considering his last five goals for us were absolutely massive!). I'm just saying that there is definitely a "Drogba Myth" on this forum. A definite cult of personality, that makes him out as some sort of messiah. He was a great player for us on the whole, no-one can doubt that. I just think many Chelsea fans over-rate him, or more specifically over-rate his performances and his playing qualities.

Just think some aspects of what I was saying have been lost in translation! I love Didier, as I have said, but a lot of people are blinded by sentimentality, I think.

DD was LAZY because after he got malaria ,when he was touching 33, he dint use to run around like before. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

SOME PEOPLE HERE NEED TO STOP PLAYING FIFA AND JUST GET A BETTER UNDESTANDING OF THE HUMAN BODY.

I don't play FIFA. I play Call of Duty, and when you shoot people in the head on that game, they die. You also get extra points! My knowledge of anatomy is just fine, thanks.

I can't believe people are so butt-hurt over a difference of opinion. If someone goes into the Cech thread and calls him shit, I don't throw my toys out of the pram, I have a civilised discussion rather than simply name-calling like YouNameIt.

For quite a lot of his games - and far, far more than 90% of people on here will ever concede - you could describe Drogba as "lazy" or "lethargic", take your pick. In my honest opinion, I remember as many games Drogba had in his latter two years here that would be described by those two terms, as opposed to being described as anything around "good". I'm just being absolutely objective here.

I'm not "forgetting" anything. I loved and worshipped Didier as much as the next person. Hell, I've even got his name and number on the back of my 11/12 kit (an inspired choice considering his last five goals for us were absolutely massive!). I'm just saying that there is definitely a "Drogba Myth" on this forum. A definite cult of personality, that makes him out as some sort of messiah. He was a great player for us on the whole, no-one can doubt that. I just think many Chelsea fans over-rate him, or more specifically over-rate his performances and his playing qualities.

Just think some aspects of what I was saying have been lost in translation! I love Didier, as I have said, but a lot of people are blinded by sentimentality, I think.

I don't play FIFA. I play Call of Duty, and when you shoot people in the head on that game, they die. You also get extra points! My knowledge of anatomy is just fine, thanks.

I can't believe people are so butt-hurt over a difference of opinion. If someone goes into the Cech thread and calls him shit, I don't throw my toys out of the pram, I have a civilised discussion rather than simply name-calling like YouNameIt.

probably there in lies your problem dude. you think only a head shot can kill a person, but under all other conditions a human should work as well as those guys in the game do, having a 100% efficiency no matter what.

anyways people can call cech shit and they wont be critised as much as if they call him SHORT, simply because its not true and any1 with a milligram of a brain can see that. calling cech shit IS a difference of opinion but calling him short is plain stupid.

similarly DD is many things, he is a LEGEND, a noble man,a leader, a drama queen,an attention seeker etc etc... but calling him LAZY is plain stupid. and calling him a LAZY BASTARD (i dont know if u did or some1 else did), is BLASPHEMY.

When did I say Drogba didn't deliever in the big games? I'm a biggest Drogba fan as much as the next man, don't get me wrong, I'm just pointing out that there was games that he didn't deliever in and wasn't the angel that everyone makes out to be.

But lets remember him for the games you stated instead of the others, every player has there flaws, Drogba won us the Champions League.

no one can deliver in every game they play. but the no. of times DD did deliver for us in big-games was what made him a legend.

I can't believe some of the post's I'm reading! WOW! How somebody can say Didier is/was lazy, is the biggest dog shot I've ever read on here.

Lampard has the goal tally he has today because of Didier.

Unfortunately, we will never have another striker like him, that i can promise..

I can guarantee, every manager took a massive sigh of relief when he left..

Top post, there are many Drogba fanboys here which is normal and you also must have in mind that no all here are objective toward Drogba.The mythe of Drogba was completed after the CL final, but I think, over the past ten years he was -at Marseille and Chelsea- one of the most hard working strikers just like Cavani is now, he had terrible games of course as all great strikers, but I want to know beside Drogba, I think there is only Rooney who has that ability and maybe Lisandro Lopez of Lyon before injuries.

• 2 weeks later...