Didier Drogba

DYC.

Erm he's no moron he just has a difference of opinion to you. Shall we call you a moron? No, we don't need to throw around insults, it's wrong and not needed.

Sorry, let me explain.

Hes not a moron because he has a different opintion. Hes a moron for calling someone like Drogba a lazy bastard.

Slightly unfair, Torres has come up with goals when we've needed him to, especially in Europe.

Drogba was lazy. One day I will write an essay called "The Drogba Myth". His work-rate was incredible until around about 2010, after he suffered his bout of malaria. He lost a lot of muscle build and his stamina dropped big-time as well. In 10/11 and 11/12, at times he was borderline useless - he just had the benefit of scoring goals in massive games and he was up against Torres when he was at his absolute worst. He walked around a lot, he sulked. Sure, he has always been a beast at defending corners, but I'd personally say that players like Cavani, Falcao and even Ibrahimovic are good at defending set plays. Not as good, but still pretty proficient.

The romantic image of Didier terrorising defenders with his work-rate, like against Liverpool in the 4-1 at Anfield in 05/06 or the 6-0 away at Wigan in 2010 is one that people remember, not the lazy bastard who sulked like fuck under Ancelotti and Villas-Boas.

Off-topic: You said it yourself Alex, that romantic image applied to Drogba before 2010 when he was in his prime. You always remember players when they're at their best. And at his best he was a hard-working, albeit moody, striker

You obviousley dont know the differance between lazyness and a state of which a player has suffered from disease, injuries and a higher age.

Just look at how he terrorises defenders and players 2010/2011, he still had it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa8TQRYYUpw

Also look at his efforts during the CL campain we won.

Drogba was NOT lazy and I dont even know how you can be so disrespectful calling him that. Bastard even? You're a moron!

Even though i mostly agree with you every clip of that 10/11 video is before he got the Malaria mate.

No he wasnt, he was the past two years because as you said he simply lost his body.From 2004 to 2011 he was a beast of hard worker.I remember him against City back in 2006 and in many games tackling, defending, getting fouled dozen of times because of his ability to put the ball down and protect it.In the 2005/2006 season he totally changed after we booed him after some handballs and since then he was superb.If Drogba is lazy that who isnt ?

Think you might have taken my post the wrong way. Drogba used to be a fantastic defensive player with a phenomenal work-rate, but it was sporadic at best after his Malaria bout.

You obviousley dont know the differance between lazyness and a state of which a player has suffered from disease, injuries and a higher age.

Just look at how he terrorises defenders and players 2010/2011, he still had it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa8TQRYYUpw

Also look at his efforts during the CL campain we won.

Drogba was NOT lazy and I dont even know how you can be so disrespectful calling him that. Bastard even? You're a moron!

Erm he's no moron he just has a difference of opinion to you. Shall we call you a moron? No, we don't need to throw around insults, it's wrong and not needed.

Don't worry, I find it cute he's so butthurt by me calling Drogba "lazy". And let's face it, in his final two seasons, he was. People remember the great games when he scored some wonderful goals, but do people recall matches such as against Marseilles away in the UCL? I invite you to go back to the match thread and read some posts from it about Didier that night. Sadly, there were more of those nights, especially under Ancelotti, than there were Munichs.

Here are a few comments from after that game against Marseille, and I can pull plenty more from other threads if you need. You see, I back my arguments up with evidence instead of just name-calling.

• zolayes said: "essien and drog are our big players with lamps missing ...essien has missed games thro a stupid tackle leading to the ban and then an injury.#

in the 2 games he has been back he has been invisible...drog back to his very worst..."

Peace. said: "i don't have enough courage to speak about the other players, some of them don't even deserve it (Drogba)..."

RX8 said: "I am very disappointed, especially Drogba in the last 2 months".

Shane said: "Drogba seemed more interested in the Marsielle fans then he did the match, I hope he fucks off in the summer, Nothing like what he was last season".

Clevemayer said: "WTF is going on with Drogba? He looks more like the Drogs of 2004/05 than the Drogs of 2007/08 or 2009/2010 what a puffy, he isn't anymore the ram he used to be to just destroy defences."

Aesthetic Relic said: "Drogba was a bloody joke tonight. He'd have been better getting paraded around the ground on a fucking float the amount of waving, apologising and general fannying about he done while he was on the pitch.".

Sorry, let me explain.

Hes not a moron because he has a different opintion. Hes a moron for calling someone like Drogba a lazy bastard.

I might be a "moron", but you're totally blinded by perspective. One fluke prediction doesn't make your opinion gospel. I invite you to challenge what I'm arguing, but if you're just going to revert to name-calling then it would be nothing but a pointless exercise. I'm not quite sure why I've taken the time to reply to you. On that note, goodbye, and let's hope your predictions for this season aren't so horrifically and hilariously wayward.

Think you might have taken my post the wrong way. Drogba used to be a fantastic defensive player with a phenomenal work-rate, but it was sporadic at best after his Malaria bout.

Don't worry, I find it cute he's so butthurt by me calling Drogba "lazy". And let's face it, in his final two seasons, he was. People remember the great games when he scored some wonderful goals, but do people recall matches such as against Marseilles away in the UCL? I invite you to go back to the match thread and read some posts from it about Didier that night. Sadly, there were more of those nights, especially under Ancelotti, than there were Munichs.

Here are a few comments from after that game against Marseille, and I can pull plenty more from other threads if you need. You see, I back my arguments up with evidence instead of just name-calling.

• zolayes said: "essien and drog are our big players with lamps missing ...essien has missed games thro a stupid tackle leading to the ban and then an injury.#

in the 2 games he has been back he has been invisible...drog back to his very worst..."

Peace. said: "i don't have enough courage to speak about the other players, some of them don't even deserve it (Drogba)..."

RX8 said: "I am very disappointed, especially Drogba in the last 2 months".

Shane said: "Drogba seemed more interested in the Marsielle fans then he did the match, I hope he fucks off in the summer, Nothing like what he was last season".

Clevemayer said: "WTF is going on with Drogba? He looks more like the Drogs of 2004/05 than the Drogs of 2007/08 or 2009/2010 what a puffy, he isn't anymore the ram he used to be to just destroy defences."

Aesthetic Relic said: "Drogba was a bloody joke tonight. He'd have been better getting paraded around the ground on a fucking float the amount of waving, apologising and general fannying about he done while he was on the pitch.".

I might be a "moron", but you're totally blinded by perspective. One fluke prediction doesn't make your opinion gospel. I invite you to challenge what I'm arguing, but if you're just going to revert to name-calling then it would be nothing but a pointless exercise. I'm not quite sure why I've taken the time to reply to you. On that note, goodbye, and let's hope your predictions for this season aren't so horrifically and hilariously wayward.

Yes Alex I surely misunderstood your post then, because I thought you were talking about him since he came.But why to only focus on two years to say he was lazy and forget the five/six years when he was a gladiator for us on the pitch ? I think its unfaire to describe him as lazy because of what happened.

Yes Alex I surely misunderstood your post then, because I thought you were talking about him since he came.But why to only focus on two years to say he was lazy and forget the five/six years when he was a gladiator for us on the pitch ? I think its unfaire to describe him as lazy because of what happened.

Drogba is a legend and all, but he wasn't a gladitor for 5/6 years. Infact, he only had two seasons in his time here where he hit over 20 goals in a season, in all competitions.

Drogba is a legend and all, but he wasn't a gladitor for 5/6 years. Infact, he only had two seasons in his time here where he hit over 20 goals in a season, in all competitions.

He had a mental of a gladiator, it was just my image of him.

Two seasons yes, the 2006/2007 with 33 Goals if my memory is right (With some wonders, like against Liverpool) and of course the 2009/2010 season.But we cant deny he had many many injuries (2 Month out in 2004 - Injured again under Scolari and Ancelotti for a long time) and on the pitch he played a big role in every big match I remember ALL the time ! Its him who gives the ball to Lampard to score that goal against Bolton for example, we should not only memorize his goals but his overall contribution to the game and for me under Jose Mourinho he was our best striker, far more decisive than Gudjohnsen.

He had a mental of a gladiator, it was just my image of him.

Two seasons yes, the 2006/2007 with 33 Goals if my memory is right (With some wonders, like against Liverpool) and of course the 2009/2010 season.But we cant deny he had many many injuries (2 Month out in 2004 - Injured again under Scolari and Ancelotti for a long time) and on the pitch he played a big role in every big match I remember ALL the time ! Its him who gives the ball to Lampard to score that goal against Bolton for example, we should not only memorize his goals but his overall contribution to the game and for me under Jose Mourinho he was our best striker, far more decisive than Gudjohnsen.

You clearly didn't watch enough big games then. Moscow? Barca 2009 when he missed some chances and others

You clearly didn't watch enough big games then. Moscow? Barca 2009 when he missed some chances and others

Good, you gave me the UCL 2008 Final when he nearly scored a beautiful goal and a match at the Camp Nou where Valdes produced an immense performance.Now lets talk about "and others" I want you to give me big games where he failed because I dont see any.Maybe against United from 2004 to 2006.

Good, you gave me the UCL 2008 Final when he nearly scored a beautiful goal and a match at the Camp Nou where Valdes produced an immense performance.Now lets talk about "and others" I want you to give me big games where he failed because I dont see any.Maybe against United from 2004 to 2006.

But he got sent off in the end for a slap, and i was talking about the one in Stamford Bridge but okay. I don't really care what you want me to do, I was making a point, he did not produce in every big game he played in, if he did we would have won league after league after league, cup after cup after cup, and Champions League after Champions League. No player in the world produced in every big game they played in.

But he got sent off in the end for a slap, and i was talking about the one in Stamford Bridge but okay. I don't really care what you want me to do, I was making a point, he did not produce in every big game he played in, if he did we would have won league after league after league, cup after cup after cup, and Champions League after Champions League. No player in the world produced in every big game they played in.

He played in my opinion well under Guus Hiddink vs Barcelona and we should not talk about that game.

I think your reasoning is a bit wrong over the capacities of a striker, a Striker cant produce in every big game because a football team is 11 players, not 1.You simply cant say he did not produce in every big game because he had produced for every normal Chelsea fans who knows a bit of football, your expectations of a decisive striker is in my opinion too high.He was simply magnificent in big games and we should all remember him in that way.

DD was LAZY because after he got malaria ,when he was touching 33, he dint use to run around like before. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

SOME PEOPLE HERE NEED TO STOP PLAYING FIFA AND JUST GET A BETTER UNDESTANDING OF THE HUMAN BODY.

2007 - FA cup final against united.

2009 - FA cup semi final arsenal.

2009 - fa cup final everton

2010 - fa cup final portsmouth

2010 - fa cup semi final villa.

2012- fa cup semi final tottenham

2012- fa cup final liverpool.

2007 - carling cup final arsenal

2008 - carling cup final totenham

2008 - ucl semis against liverpool

2009- ucl semis liverpool

2012 - ucl semi barca

2012 - ucl final against bayern.

but u r right. we should forget all of this plus his golden boot winning 2009-10 season because of moscow.