Didier Drogba

DYC.

Hmm... If Solanke is not a better 3rd choice option than Drogba next season, he has no chance of succeeding here.

As for Drog, if Remy is still here next season, I guess having him here with a very minor role is okay.

LOL, Solanke is 17, 17YRS OLD. The first team is still AT MINIMUM 2yrs away. How many 17yr olds do you know have played for a team with Chelsea's ambitions regularly???

Even 17yr old Messi barely featured for Barca. The gulf btn youth football and Chelsea first team competitors football is HUGE.

Bamford,Traore and Brown are more ready but even them need regular competitive football at this stage to progress.

We will most likely have to buy another striker to replace Drogba in the short term.

LOL, Solanke is 17, 17YRS OLD. The first team is still AT MINIMUM 2yrs away. How many 17yr olds do you know have played for a team with Chelsea's ambitions regularly???

Even 17yr old Messi barely featured for Barca. The gulf btn youth football and Chelsea first team competitors football is HUGE.

Bamford,Traore and Brown are more ready but even them need regular competitive football at this stage to progress.

We will most likely have to buy another striker to replace Drogba in the short term.

Surely it's better, though, than Drogba for 90 mins. Solanke/Brown could easily share 3rd choice with him until the end of the season.

He'll be 18 by next season I think. You're right about him still being young, but only a super talent is going to make it here. If he is not good enough to be a third option, playing a handful of games over a full season, he's not making it.

Surely it's better, though, than Drogba for 90 mins. Solanke/Brown could easily share 3rd choice with him until the end of the season.

There are moments that I think Mourinho must do better in giving young players minutes. Like that game at Lisbon, where he should have played RLC for much longer and should even another youngstar for an extended period. There are many time where I feel Ake should have been given minutes. In general, I feel the academy has been "disserviced" by Jose this season

But a derby in QPR away, in a CRUCIAL BIG BIG game for both teams!! That is not a game for youngstars making debuts. Brown would have to play in a worst case scenario. Drogba for 90min is not a worst case scenario.

Unless, Costa appears on the bench tomorrow that is....Those kind of charity matches are not competitive. Shouldn't be a problem to take part even if played the full 90 mins

Drogba is an absolute legend and one of my favourite Chelsea players ever but it makes absolutely no sense to renew his contract and if the club does give him an extension, it will be based strictly on sentimental values.

I thought exactly the same when people were shouting for him to get another contract after the CL heroics.

He should of never came back to be honest, hes probably still on a big wage and hes hardly playing and when he has, has looked a bit useless. Sure you can say his presence in the dressing room is useful but players like Courtois, Costa, Cesc, Luis who all recently came to the club have also all won a lot to go with players like Terry, Ivanovic, Cech who have been there, got the t-shirt.

Give him a coaching role though, for sure.

His passing was still bad but at least the overall performance was better than last week.

And I must say, it's funny every time he trolls the opposition and wins fouls for us. :lol:

I'm telling you he's an Academy award winner. Always steals the show and floors the referees with his performances.

Can't believe the PL will be his 14th (!) trophy with us.

He's like a good luck charm. 12 trophies in his first 8 year spell with us, 0 in the 2 years he was gone, now 2 in the 1 year he's had back!

Long live the King.

Can't believe the PL will be his 14th (!) trophy with us.

He's like a good luck charm. 12 trophies in his first 8 year spell with us, 0 in the 2 years he was gone, now 2 in the 1 year he's had back!

Long live the King.

You taking FSW's Europa league trophy? :D