Didier Drogba

DYC.

My worry is that Mourinho will play Drogba too much because he's familiar with him. He hasn't been a very good player for a while now and is 36. He really isn't close to Chelsea quality anymore. If he plays regularly, we're in trouble.

I don't think he'll play many games at all, well compared to Costa and Lukaku that is. Drogba knows he's near the end of his playing career ,if reports are to be believed, i read a few days ago that he's going to sign a one year deal with the option to be a coach the next. I think that may be the case.

The signing is totally against our newly adopted philosophy and heavily contradicts the ruthless attitude shown towards Lamps and Ash. We already have a world class striker and a young and promising (albeit quite the moaner) talent up front + Torres. So why sign a soon to be 37 year old Drogba?

WTF is this?? He should be a legend or a training coach [emoji36]

He will be a legend even if he failed to score one single goal.

And we can't know if he could be a proper coach or not.. Not every football player turn to be a good coach.

I don't think he'll play many games at all, well compared to Costa and Lukaku that is. Drogba knows he's near the end of his playing career ,if reports are to be believed, i read a few days ago that he's going to sign a one year deal with the option to be a coach the next. I think that may be the case.

Costa is without no doubt our number 1 but I do think too many people are believing that he is going to be a bit-part player. I reckon Jose got him because he sees him playing a big part. Ideally I would want Drogba as 3rd choice striker but judging by Mourinho's comments that he bought him because "he's one of the best strikers in Europe. He is coming with the mentality to make more history". That is not words of a man who plans to rarely use him. Mourinho still rates Drogba highly and I would not be surprised to see him ahead in the pecking order over Lukaku and Torres.

Mourinho has never said that about any of our strikers before iirc and I think he knows that while he is not as good as he used to be, Mourinho clearly feels Drogba will be effective as an impact player or 2nd choice. The only way I can see him not being involved much if his performances reflect that but initially I got a gut feeling Mourinho will go with Costa then Drogba as his main strikers. If Mourinho planned on using him partially, he would say so or at least indicate it.

The general consensus amongst fans that Drogba will rarely be used is much different to what Jose has planned for him imo.

He will be a legend even if he failed to score one single goal.

And we can't know if he could be a proper coach or not.. Not every football player turn to be a good coach.

What I mean and want him to do is train Lukaku and Diego on how control air ball and other vital training experience on a different level been a trainer not as a player

The signing is totally against our newly adopted philosophy and heavily contradicts the ruthless attitude shown towards Lamps and Ash. We already have a world class striker and a young and promising (albeit quite the moaner) talent up front + Torres. So why sign a soon 37 year old Drogba?

We signed a 70 year old Eto'o so Drogba coming back for one season really should work out just fine ;) My only gripe with this signing is that it might spell the end for Lukaku (but I have my fingers crossed for Torres' departure)..

Relax people he's going to play little barring severe injuries. My guess is that he may get 500 minutes at most across all competitions. The real point behind this move is to have help Lukaku and learn Mourinho's tactics from the player perspective to transition into a coach.

Plus he'll be able to build relationships with all the players for 2015-2016 and beyond.