Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Didier Drogba

DYC.
Followers 2

Jose obviously thinks Didier can add something, he wouldn't bring him back purely for sentimental reasons to chase the past, else Essien and Lamps would still be here.

it doesn't mean it won't be a mistake like he did with Essien last season...

Bring him to be a coach, I'm all in.

Bring him as the solution we clearly need as back up in our striker position, let the nightmares begin.

Didn't people watch the Galatasaray matches last year? Yeah, we'd probably provide better service for him, but and when the problem is the service, as it has been the whole season for us? And when we need a striker to do just make things happen all on their own? He's 36, he can't do that anymore.

Also if he's coming is Lukaku staying? Are we going to enter the season with 4 strikers then as our shirt model blondie won't leave anyway?

• Like 4
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Didier Drogba honoured by Football Writers' Association as Jose Mourinho hails striker as Chelsea's best value player of all time DROGBA: MOURINHO SPEAKS ABOUT DROGBA 'Didier arrived at Stamford Br

Drogba asked Torres how his goal record has come along since he left. Torres did not find that question amusing.

Posted Images

Remember Roger Milla of Cameroon, or even Karagounis of Greece ?

In some matches it's the last twenty minutes that count (for ex. against Everton last season).
But Drogba is not for the "intelligence service" role of the two aforementioned. He is a power forward, so can he do it ?

• Like 1

It'll be nice to see Hazard have another French speaking mate at the club, too.

I sense another bromance coming Ba-style. :lol:

• Like 3

I don't get it. Just a month ago the board showed that they are ready to put all the emotions aside and risked looking a little harsh with their approach of replacing legends and veteran players like Lamps and Cole (quite possibly the same will happen to Cech pretty soon).

So why bring a 37 year old Didier Drogba? That is totally unnecessary and a huge step back to the positive trend in our transfer policy in the last couple of years, not to mention the complete opposite of the idea of bringing fresh new faces.

I am so against this move that I would rather keep Torres for another season than bringing Drogba back.

• Like 3

Drogba closing in on Chelsea return

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/325727.html

Return of the King! Chelsea hero Didier Drogba set for Stamford Bridge comeback

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/20/return-of-the-king-chelsea-hero-didier-drogba-set-for-stamford-bridge-return-4804679/

• Like 2

Although Drogba is a Chelsea LEGEND, (and always will be), he's too old to play a critical part in Chelsea's campaign... The main question here for me is what will happen to Lukaku?

He's barely going to play, if Torres is here still he'll probably even behind him in the pecking order.

He'll be more than of a coach than anything. If he was coming back as merely a player I'd understand the unrest but he'll barely play, if not at all.

• Like 1

He's barely going to play, if Torres is here still he'll probably even behind him in the pecking order.

He'll be more than of a coach than anything. If he was coming back as merely a player I'd understand the unrest but he'll barely play, if not at all.

Can we at least hope with Drogba coming back, Torres will be sent to the youth team and rot there? :cry: :cry:

• Like 1

Can we at least hope with Drogba coming back, Torres will be sent to the youth team and rot there? :cry: :cry:

I wish. Just not going to happen though unfortunately.

In fact, I don't even want him to pollute the youth team with sulky attitude, so let's not even go there. We'll just have to ride these last two years out regarding Torres.

I wish. Just not going to happen though unfortunately.

In fact, I don't even want him to pollute the youth team with sulky attitude, so let's not even go there. We'll just have to ride these last two years out regarding Torres.

Where's AVB when we need him?! :P

• Like 2

Big presence in the dressing room and the type of personality you want the young players to model themselves after. This is more about having a leader in the squad after the loss of Cole and Lamps.

• Like 2

last season 4 nil nil draws including Norwich and W ham at home .. a draw at home against W Brom ..

we finished 4 points behind city ,,, OH 0 0 at home against gooners and we know how Drog loves gooners

• Like 1

Drogba returns to Chelsea with his original number 15 shirt, and scores the winning goal of the Champions League final in Germany with his lack kick of a ball on June 6th.

• Like 2

Couldn't you just imagine Drogba returning to Chelsea with his number 15 shirt, and winning the Champions League for us again with his last kick of a ball?

AGAINST the gooners :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

• Like 2

If the rumours are true then we'll have a very strong strike force(assuming Lukaku does not leave.) A player/coach role would be perfect for the young players and the club. The youngsters(again Lukaku) would benefit a lot and Drogba as a player would help us too.

I always wanted to know how he would perform with Oscar and Hazard supplying him passes. Now that we have a better squad,Drogba could be quite lethal for us but his role would be quite minimal as he may take sometime to readapt.

Anyways, I am totally on board with this move. His presence will truly motivate the players and it'll be great to have the Legend back.

• Like 1