Morata to Atletico: The reasons it’s not done, including Sarri SACKING clause

James

Alvaro MorataAlvaro Morata’s transfer to Atletico Madrid is yet to be officially confirmed, and AS believe they know the reasons behind the (concerning) delay. Alvaro Morata will not be a Chelsea player beyond this window, don’t you worry about that. He wants out, Chelsea want rid, a move this month is the best option for all […]

View the full article

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Why in the hell do we want a clause that he returns IF Sarri is sacked???

My guess (if true) would be that if the new manager wanted him.  You know we have this problem of buying players that fit a particular manager's strategy, then having to scramble when the next manager wants something totally different.

Of course, you could just have some direction from the board and club philosophy, and say that he's either the type of player Chelsea want or don't want (like how so many Ajax players fit right in at Barca).  But, well......

45 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

My guess (if true) would be that if the new manager wanted him.  You know we have this problem of buying players that fit a particular manager's strategy, then having to scramble when the next manager wants something totally different.

Of course, you could just have some direction from the board and club philosophy, and say that he's either the type of player Chelsea want or don't want (like how so many Ajax players fit right in at Barca).  But, well......

I hope we never hire a manager whose strategy at CF is have them flop every time the wind ruffles their kit.:(

36 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I hope we never hire a manager whose strategy at CF is have them flop every time the wind ruffles their kit.:(

Agreed.  And, I think it's stupid too.  But, you asked why we could be doing it.  And it's a possible answer.  I say just sell him.  Fuck the clause.