Gonzalo Higuain

the wes

It would definitely help having another like Mata type player, a signing like Shinji Kagawa would be a good shout for that role. I was generally speaking playing a #10 is almost necessary when you have a lone poacher.

We can blame and criticize Torres all we want, but tbf to him we tried to make him and play him like Drogba, and not even try to accommodate for his skill set. But as i said i am more optimistic players like Torres can succeed now that we have changed our formation and have Mata in the #10 role.

Agreed.

At present we're not a team that could accommodate last-shoulder strikers. That's why I think Drogba should depart this summer, so we can usher in a new era of the club's football philosophy. With dedicated players to the formation and system which will play ball-to-feet, not hoof it up and hope for the best. (Which is no criticism of the latter, since it's been very effective for the better part of the last 8-9years)

Mou said he can leave ony for 150mio. I dont know if he wants to leave, but I am pretty sure no one will pay 150 for him. Its meaningless, he will not come here and for 35 mio (as he is rated realy), we can get much better striker. Falcao, Cavani, Llorente,...

• 6 months later...

Mou prefers Benzema because he is involved more in the team play. Words has been out for some time that Gonzalo isn't happy about not playing regularly...

Yeah but higuain is not even on the bench nowadays so i think he must be injured.

• 4 weeks later...