Christian Pulisic

the wes

11 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

What is most pleasing for me is his two goals yesterday and against Watford. He seems an intelligent and willing runner into the box to get on the end of things, very much how the likes of Mane, Sterling, etc get a lot of their goals. As he continues to improve and gain confidence he could become a very productive and important source of goals for us.

Those 2 goals are the perfect examples of 'going the extra mile' that Lampard was talking about last week. 

I think if you want to see how Pulisic will try to do everything Lampard wants him to do, look at his relationship with his father Mark Pulisic. His father has been a professional coach Christian's entire life. If a child doesn't have top talent, that arrangement can go negative at some point. Christian and Mark have a very positive relationship and when Christian is in the US, his father is with him coaching him on how to use his skills to achieve what his manager wants and needs. I am sure they talk all the time. Pulisic is going to spend every waking hour trying to be the player Lampard needs. It is all he has ever been with his father, in a very positive way.

I'm not comparing but we do not miss Hazard one bit, in fact what we are seeing now is the best thing that could of happened.

The ban and Hazard leaving has turned out brilliantly. 

12 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I didn't expect him to hit this form so quickly as earlier in the season I thought he looked pretty poor and out of his depth and therefore it would take a lot longer to adapt.

What is most pleasing for me is his two goals yesterday and against Watford. He seems an intelligent and willing runner into the box to get on the end of things, very much how the likes of Mane, Sterling, etc get a lot of their goals. As he continues to improve and gain confidence he could become a very productive and important source of goals for us.

This is what got me as well. He's a lot more intelligent football wise than I thought he'd be from what I've seen. He could become a real threat if he finesses that intelligent off the ball movement skillset. 

On 11/10/2019 at 6:30 AM, Jason said:

We all know Favre didn't fancy Pulisic and it also didn't help that he had little, niggling injuries. Hard to build up any sort of form/consistency when you're in and out of the team. He did finish the season strongly once he recovered and was put back into the team. 

It was also well known that Pulisic wanted to leave before the season started and wasn't going to extend his contract. That heavily factored in him being out of favor.

8 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

It will be nice when we know the extent of his injury.

Assuming his hip injury was caused by him clattering onto the post for the goal, then I would to believe that it's nothing serious. Maybe a minor bruised hip or something. Celebrated his goal then and even in the dressing room later on etc.

9 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

He seems to be a player that injuries stay with him.

You're talking about his injury record? This was just an unfortunate one and it's not like it's a muscle injury or something like that. And besides, Dortmund always have players injured every week. Our injury record overall is a lot better than theirs. 

12 hours ago, Jason said:

Assuming his hip injury was caused by him clattering onto the post for the goal, then I would to believe that it's nothing serious. Maybe a minor bruised hip or something. Celebrated his goal then and even in the dressing room later on etc.

You're talking about his injury record? This was just an unfortunate one and it's not like it's a muscle injury or something like that. And besides, Dortmund always have players injured every week. Our injury record overall is a lot better than theirs. 

He has been dinged for long periods at Dortmund and for the US team. It is often not a major injury, just a lingering small injury. He was also a very young man, so I hope the training and strength training that Chelsea is doing will help.

13 hours ago, Jason said:

Lampard said he was going to sub off Pulisic before the goal, so it was not because of hitting the post.

5 minutes ago, manpe said:

Lampard said he was going to sub off Pulisic before the goal, so it was not because of hitting the post.

Oh? Totally missed that but after checking the comments, he did say it! 😬

But still don't think it's anything too serious, especially after Berhalter's explanation for his withdrawal.