Christian Pulisic

the wes

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

I never knew Christian was emergency fullback cover for Dortmund.

In that case we should consider him a wingback option when we revert to 3atb, neither James nor Azpi are particularly natural fits in that position.

He is way too weak to play as wing back, with Azpi n Puli in the same side. Most team with big striker will target that sidd

4 hours ago, communicate said:

He is way too weak to play as wing back, with Azpi n Puli in the same side. Most team with big striker will target that sidd

2:51 in the latest video posted by the club shows Kante knocks Pulisic to the ground easily in a duel. (He also gets dispossessed in the very next clip). If this is what's happening in training then it's clear to see why he isn't playing.

12 hours ago, Tomo said:

I never knew Christian was emergency fullback cover for Dortmund.

In that case we should consider him a wingback option when we revert to 3atb, neither James nor Azpi are particularly natural fits in that position.

There's a reason why the fella above said "emergency". 

1 hour ago, SUNZ said:

2:51 in the latest video posted by the club shows Kante knocks Pulisic to the ground easily in a duel. (He also gets dispossessed in the very next clip). If this is what's happening in training then it's clear to see why he isn't playing.

Yeah, he isn't physically strong right now but imagine thinking players have never lost the ball in training. Jesus christ! 

37 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yeah, he isn't physically strong right now but imagine thinking players have never lost the ball in training. Jesus christ! 

I'm just going by what I see in the video. Being weak and getting easily dispossessed have been the hallmarks of his Premier League performances so far.

1 hour ago, SUNZ said:

I'm just going by what I see in the video. Being weak and getting easily dispossessed have been the hallmarks of his Premier League performances so far.

Yes, imagine passing some sort of conclusive judgment on a player after like 5 games.

You would think after what happened with De Bruyne and Salah previously, people would have that little more patience with younger players but nope, not at all. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Yes, imagine passing some sort of conclusive judgment on a player after like 5 games.

You would think after what happened with De Bruyne and Salah previously, people would have that little more patience with younger players but nope, not at all. 

While I do agree that Pulisic needs time to bed in bringing up De Bruyne and Salah everytime is getting a bit tiresome, even with Bakayoko the sentence was used by some.

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

While I do agree that Pulisic needs time to bed in bringing up De Bruyne and Salah everytime is getting a bit tiresome, even with Bakayoko the sentence was used by some.

Well, you did say it goes both ways, no? And besides, Pulisic is nowhere near as bad as Bakayoko technical wise. His problem is a lot more fixable.

They are arguably the two best players in the league, which we let go. Don't expect us to live it down.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
49 minutes ago, Tomo said:

They are arguably the two best players in the league, which we let go. Don't expect us to live it down.

Still, bringing them up whenever an under 23/24 leaves is tiresome. Like we could have a youngster who can barely kick a ball straight yet we can't let him go just incase.

Still, bringing them up whenever an under 23/24 leaves is tiresome. Like we could have a youngster who can barely kick a ball straight yet we can't let him go just incase.

We can, just insert buy-back clauses to prevent getting burnt again.  

Saying that, Pulisic was brought in for the present & future rather than those two.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

In case of Salah, letting him leave was understandable. At the time he basically looked like Egyptian Walcott. De Bruyne, on the other hand, was very special from the moment he first kicked ball for this club. He was our best player during that 2013-14 preseason, and also man of the match in his PL debut game against Hull City if my memory serves me right. What happened after that game remains a mystery cause he was completely sidelined, played one crappy cup game and that was it.

Great assist today, I do feel initially he'll be a good impact player from the bench, especially in situations like today when we're winning against a tired defence because his pace,  trickery and direct running can stretch teams and cause problems. 

He'll adapt and come good, I'm sure of it but it just takes some time.