Christian Pulisic

the wes

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Meh. ESPN's regular pundits are horrible. Only their guest pundits - e.g. Gab Marcotti, Sid Lowe - are okay to listen to. 

I can't say I watch the channel reguarly for obvious reasons so maybe I'm wrong but he's always seems quite decent for me (especially by the standards set by his colleagues) and I remember an interview he did with Cech around the time we won the CL which I thought was very good although probably helped both being keepers.

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I can't say I watch the channel reguarly for obvious reasons so maybe I'm wrong but he's always seems quite decent for me (especially by the standards set by his colleagues) and I remember an interview he did with Cech around the time we won the CL which I thought was very good although probably helped both being keepers.

He only seemed decent because he doesn't scream or talk loudly like some of his colleagues do. 

On 27/09/2019 at 8:39 PM, Tomo said:

In layman's terms what we saw against Liverpool in Istanbul and Salzburg in pre season consistently. I thought he was a joy to watch in those games.

Problem is it looks like we're only getting that version one game in ten.

So basically Willian 2.0? 

As much as I hate Willian and like Pulisic as a player, i can not belive how may people are demanding starts for Pulisic. Have a little patience. Other than the super cup Puli has been absolute shite. 

Always doing the same thing, sprinting down the line, scoffing his shot or falling over. Producing turnover after turnover. Leaving Azpi exposed. Willians introduction has stabilized us and improved the transition with his ability to carry the ball. Also he is positionally disciplined.

No one noticed Azpis drastic improvement in form? Willian has helped him out a lot and we are not conceding goals from.the right almost every game unlike when Pulisic started. 

To my absolute disgust  replacing Pulisic with Willian has been a clever short term fix to two of our most obvious problems in the opening games. 

I understand people want to see more of Puli, he is young, great pace, American, 60m signing etc and his time will come. But right now he is not what we need.

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

So basically Willian 2.0? 

The ideal is that he eventually turns more consistent performances as he grows into his prime alas out doing Willian. He certainly has the raw tools along with a decent attitude and I remember how hot and cold Mane and Sterling use to look and now look at them.

6 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

As much as I hate Willian and like Pulisic as a player, i can not belive how may people are demanding starts for Pulisic. Have a little patience. Other than the super cup Puli has been absolute shite. 

Always doing the same thing, sprinting down the line, scoffing his shot or falling over. Producing turnover after turnover. Leaving Azpi exposed. Willians introduction has stabilized us and improved the transition with his ability to carry the ball. Also he is positionally disciplined.

No one noticed Azpis drastic improvement in form? Willian has helped him out a lot and we are not conceding goals from.the right almost every game unlike when Pulisic started. 

To my absolute disgust  replacing Pulisic with Willian has been a clever short term fix to two of our most obvious problems in the opening games. 

I understand people want to see more of Puli, he is young, great pace, American, 60m signing etc and his time will come. But right now he is not what we need.

Totally agree. As is to my disgust, but Willian is just better for the team atm.

I just want to know why Pulisic was bought in the first place. He didn't have a great season(s), his goals & assists record is lacklustre and he certainly wasn't worth the amount Dortmund were asking for.

Everything about this transfer stinks.

38 minutes ago, SUNZ said:

I just want to know why Pulisic was bought in the first place. He didn't have a great season(s), his goals & assists record is lacklustre and he certainly wasn't worth the amount Dortmund were asking for.

Everything about this transfer stinks.

Did you watch him play for Dortmund? Did you see the way the fans and club sent him off? He wasn't a bit player there and when healthy was one of their best and most loved players. The last few games of the season was their best. He had over 100 appearances for Dortmund and 30 in the Champions league, he also just turned 21. This was while Mason Mount was in the Championship and Hudson Odoi was playing in youth sides. The only thing that stinks and doesn't make sense is he's not being given a chance.

Doesn't have the defensive chops? He was Dortmunds emergency right and life back cover and had to play there a number of times over the last few seasons. Not seasoned enough for the Champions league or Premier league? He was tearing Marcelo to pieces at 17, did it again at 19, ran Athletico ragged last season and helped Dortmund beat them 4-0. Bayern would take him in a heartbeat after how he's played vs them over the last few season. It's frustrating as he seems like a logical fit and a player we need on the wing. Tammy up top, Hudson(understand hes coming back from injury) on the right and Pulisic on the left is a scary attack. Instead we play Mount out of position, an aging Willian and Pedro who both look almost past it and Pulisic is not making the bench. Doesn't add up.

33 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

7 goals and 6 assists in 1700 minutes (equal half PL season ) last season was very solid. 

Was coming back from injury for half of that as well. Came on strong at the end, when healthy and almost pushed Dortmund to the title. Would have won it too, if Sancho and some other players hadn't faded.

37 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

7 goals and 6 assists in 1700 minutes (equal half PL season ) last season was very solid. 

In Bundesliga, you have way more space and less physicality. He had much more time to dribble and a lot of space to make his runs. In PL, you don´t have that much time to make your decisions.

39 minutes ago, manpe said:

I'd rather they stay in their natural positions, CHO LW and Pulisic RW.

Pulisic is best on the left cutting inside so is Odoi and they can play both positions. Similar players in that sense. Start them both either way.