Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

10. Christian Pulisic


nachikethas
 Share
Followers 7

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a lovely little ball for the 4th that was.

Read an article today that shows at present his productivity with and without the ball is overall pretty poor compared to the other players in his position. He averages fewer tackles per 90 mins

Everyone has their opinion and I respect that but I just find his apprehension (if that's the right word) towards Pulisic somewhat bemusing. Loan him out to learn his trade? Really? If Pulisic was som

Posted Images

23 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Only thing I can think of is the same reason why Sarri didnt start Ruben, Emerson and Callum from the beginning of last season. As people have mentioned already) is what he does without the ball. Tactically understanding his role off the ball, helping the fullback, pressing off the ball. 

 

21 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

Pulisic just needs some time. That's it. I expect him to be in and around the starting 11 during the December period.  

Not that I disagree with you both but never mind not starting, Pulisic hasn't even been getting minutes here and there in the past month's more important games (excluding the League Cup). The irony of taking him out of the firing line has kinda put him more into the firing line, especially after all the recent reactions.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

Pulisic has to compete against 4 others (mount, willian, Cho, Pedro). So 5 for 2 positions, while zouma is currently competing against 2 (tomori, Andreas) for 2/3 positions. Completely different ball game.

Pulisic just needs some time. That's it. I expect him to be in and around the starting 11 during the December period.  

Mount is not nearly as good a winger as he is an AMF

he flourishes more towards the middle (longitudinally) half of the pitch

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

from a couple days ago (not saying I agree with this BTW)

$73 million Christian Pulisic is a 'poor fit' for Chelsea and should consider leaving the club at the end of the season, ESPN pundits say

https://www.businessinsider.com/christian-pulisic-should-leave-chelsea-fc-2019-9?r=US&IR=T

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

from a couple days ago (not saying I agree with this BTW)

$73 million Christian Pulisic is a 'poor fit' for Chelsea and should consider leaving the club at the end of the season, ESPN pundits say

https://www.businessinsider.com/christian-pulisic-should-leave-chelsea-fc-2019-9?r=US&IR=T

The ESPN agenda on this is ridiculous. They ran another video discussion on this TODAY...making it like 3-4 videos this past week!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Mount is not nearly as good a winger as he is an AMF

he flourishes more towards the middle (longitudinally) half of the pitch

This seems to fly over A LOT of people's head. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jason said:

This seems to fly over A LOT of people's head. 

twitter is an insane cesspool too

there are a tonne of burner accounts tweeting shit-stirs about Reece James (have to LOL at the ones who are saying start Azpi at RB the rest of the year) and now dodgy websites are posting it as actual 'news'.

I see the most inane comments on the old twitpile

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jason said:

 

Not that I disagree with you both but never mind not starting, Pulisic hasn't even been getting minutes here and there in the past month's more important games (excluding the League Cup). The irony of taking him out of the firing line has kinda put him more into the firing line, especially after all the recent reactions.

He is not been getting minutes is because at this moment, he is not better than the rest of our subs. We normally need a midfield subs, probably a striker sub and a winger/attacker sub where we have options like CHO and pedro. He will get time when he is ready. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Mount is not nearly as good a winger as he is an AMF

he flourishes more towards the middle (longitudinally) half of the pitch

Read what I have written about mount. Nothing seems to "fly over people's head". But irrespective of how good he is as a winger, he is still one of our best players and currently much better than pulisic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

 

Read what I have written about mount. Nothing seems to "fly over people's head". But irrespective of how good he is as a winger, he is still one of our best players and currently much better than pulisic.

if you have issues with "fly over people's head"

then take it up with the person that said it

not me

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vesper said:

if you have issues with "fly over people's head"

then take it up with the person that said it

not me

The post dealt with your opinion too. Even as a winger he is a better option than PULI at this moment. 

Its not a question mark over puli's talent, its a way to give him time to adapt to the league.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The way I see it I think the club wanted to make a big move on the American market, but now the young English core is the new flavour of the week, something that the club did not foresee I guess, hence Pulisic going way down the pecking order. 

I see a lot of bs on social media calling Lamps biased for playing all the English lads, well, I mean, what do you expect really? English club playing its own graduates, Chelsea through and through kids, ofc they are on every people's lips, even I am thrilled to see them in the first team and I am not even British, imagine just the enthusiasm of UK based fans. As a matter of fact I was so happy to see the line up v Lille I did not even notice Pulisic did not make the bench. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1905didierblue said:

The post dealt with your opinion too. Even as a winger he is a better option than PULI at this moment. 

Its not a question mark over puli's talent, its a way to give him time to adapt to the league.

See what I mean @Vesper?

tenor.gif

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Jason said:

See what I mean @Vesper?

tenor.gif

It should probably be "pointless". That's what crying over pulisic's game time is right now.

In a game where we did not play a CaM, you wanted Frank to drop our best player so far? Specially after his performance from the wing against Brighton? Lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 1905didierblue said:

It should probably be "pointless". That's what crying over pulisic's game time is right now.

In a game where we did not play a CaM, you wanted Frank to drop our best player so far? Specially after his performance from the wing against Brighton? Lol. 

Vesper wasn't even making any sort of comparison to Pulisic in that specific post. She was just saying Mount is better playing as an attacking midfielder rather than a winger, which is true if we want to utilize and maximize his talents in the long run. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jason said:

Vesper wasn't even making any sort of comparison to Pulisic in that specific post. She was just saying Mount is better playing as an attacking midfielder rather than a winger, which is true if we want to utilize and maximize his talents in the long run. 

I know, I said so myself in the post i linked.

In a vaccum and an ideal world, thats exactly where mount would play. 

Unfortunately we dont live in such a world. When we go 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 (enough proof so far that lamps will be shifting from one formation to another), Puli will be contending for a spot with mount as well, which is what fans need to understand meaning unless he can defensively and creatively reach the output that mount gives us from out wide (not his optimum level but still pretty good), till then he will be on the bench sadly. 

Fans need to be patient with him, he has the talent which will shine through given time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On merit, he doesn't deserve it. Because you have to *compare* him to others. CHO scored against Grimsby, came on and was decent and lively against Brighton and then got an assist against lille (although to be fair the assist was mostly down to Willian's brilliance as opposed to a goal scoring chance created by CHO).

Pedro works harder than Pulisic as does Willian.

Reading back, everyone's in agreement he doesn't deserve a *start*. However, I think we are all in agreement that he *needs* minutes to improve? You know, 20 minutes at least. He's not getting that. That's problem.

Another problem is that he's said Lampard hasn't really spoken to him on what to improve. There's training hard and then there's focusing on improvement. If he doesn't know what he's doing wrong and if he's not being told on what to improve what exactly is he supposed to change in training?

Hope Lampard becomes more vocal with him and gives him more minutes as a sub.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick comment on mount, we are fucking atrocious in a 4231.

Bottom line Is if we won't to go toe to toe with the top 6 We need kova (who's been great this season) Jorginho and Kante in the middle.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

The post dealt with your opinion too. Even as a winger he is a better option than PULI at this moment. 

Its not a question mark over puli's talent, its a way to give him time to adapt to the league.

my post was about Mount

I do not think it fair to toss Mount in as a potential block to Pulisic at winger

yes, it is my opinion, but if we are going to ramrod in Mount as simply a winger for years, we are wasting the lad's talents

my entire thoughts on Pulisic from the beginning was that he was a cynical marketing ploy buy

I am on record here saying that multiple times

I painstakingly went through and showed his lack of production, for the most part, at Dortmund, especially in terms of goals scored

I am willing to go out on a limb, as I did back then, and call it a poor buy, at least so far

I DO hope he comes good and proves me wrong, I truly do

Also, now that we DID shit out £58m on him, we damn well had better try and play him a lot more than he is getting of late, especially in Euro games and cup ties

again, my opinion, but it is madness to not even dress him for the Lille game and to carry THREE strikers on the match day squad (when we only play one at a time in the formations Lamps seems to have settled upon)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I will tell you the two teams laughing all the way to the bank off just 3 players

Dortmund and Lille

over a quarter of billion pounds

for Pepe, Puli, and Dembele

all three who have been busts so far

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...