Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

10. Christian Pulisic

nachikethas
Followers 5

44 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

I still don't really understand a scale of hate on this guy. Wonder if it's justified or people are just riding on the "marketing buy" sentiment.

He had never been a top player, not sure if he ever had a potential to become one. He's rather a type of talented team player, yet to develop, very intelligent and likeable guy with good work ethic, probably financially attractive, who impacted some very important moments for us, so why not give him some slack? 

If anyone expected him to be a second Mbappe, well then, there's you problem. Personally I'm more let down with Zyiech's expectations vs delivery at the moment.

There's no "hate", he's just being rightly criticised for two years worth of diabolical performances, his bottom level (which was seen far too often) has been worse than any of the other attackers.

His credit for the restart period can only stretch so far. You say he's being overcritisised for the marketing thing well frankly I'd counter that with he's still being over defended and protected based on a run of form in what was effectively a semi pre season.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a lovely little ball for the 4th that was.

Read an article today that shows at present his productivity with and without the ball is overall pretty poor compared to the other players in his position. He averages fewer tackles per 90 mins

I see he wears No. 22. Hopefully he will keep it at the Bridge.  You know what I mean.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Vegetable said:

I still don't really understand a scale of hate on this guy. Wonder if it's justified or people are just riding on the "marketing buy" sentiment.

He had never been a top player, not sure if he ever had a potential to become one. He's rather a type of talented team player, yet to develop, very intelligent and likeable guy with good work ethic, probably financially attractive, who impacted some very important moments for us, so why not give him some slack? 

If anyone expected him to be a second Mbappe, well then, there's you problem. Personally I'm more let down with Zyiech's expectations vs delivery at the moment.

It's not hate, it's a general dislike from fans that buying him has brought with it (and this is in no way a dig to the American's on this forum) a fan following of people that either have no real interest in Chelsea but an interest in Pulisic/USMNT, or no real great interest in football but an interest in Pulisic because he's the most identifiable American playing soccer.

There's too many people that see him put a top performance in against Haiti or the Solomon Islands and think he must be the greatest player in the history of the sport. 

Even people you'd expect to have a shred of knowledge or understanding like ex footballers seem to hype him like he's too good for Chelsea. He can't help this and I'm sure would rather not have it, but it's infuriating when you see countless streams of Pulisic fan boys on social media question why he isn't playing, or excuse his form because Tuchel apparently plays him wing back every game.

He is what most of our attackers are, on his day fantastic but most days forgettable.

For me beyond Mount and Havertz, all of our attackers are dispensable but there are others I think I would sell before him. (like you mentioned with Ziyech for example) He has shown what he is capable of doing but that is now 2 years ago. He has to become more consistent and decisive.

He definitely needs to sign a new deal though this summer or be sold. We can't go into the last 12/18 months of his deal.

• Like 1