Last Film You Watched

Fulham Broadway

• 3 weeks later...

X-Men: Days Of Future Past (2014)

I've seen every X-Men movie, not a big fan (per se).. but for some reason I've seen them all; and I have to say, this is by FAR the best of the bunch. It mixes strong characters, comedy (one particular lol moment with Quicksilver) and great action sequences that make full use of CGI and not just for the sake of it. I thought the other x-men movies tended to drag on a bit, but the time scales of scenes are perfect in this, great overall plot too.

9.1/10

Gone Girl (2014)

6/10

I have now seen every Fincher film (with the exception of Panic Room), and while I thought this was one of his weakest efforts, it's still really well-made. Cool score and atmosphere + the acting is really good, but my biggest complaint is how the plot unravels. I know it's based on a novel, but a thriller cannot fully succeed for me if it is shown from two different perspectives - it takes away at least half of the suspense. Still, I believe this one works best as a dark comedy (and a very dark one, at that). The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that it is actually a Coenesque dark comedy, masquerading as a mystery film.

But anyway, I'm a very strict rater. It's definitely worth viewing. Six out of ten is a thumbs up from me.

Straw Dogs (2011), what an awful movie, without any positive note can be taken.

2/10

Watch the original 1971 version, it's fantastic.

Captain America: Winter Soldier - 8/10

Really enjoyed this one. Not a marvel fan by any means, Iron Man kinda bores me, not hugely into Hulk and the Thor films bored me too, but there's something about the Captain America series that I love. Enjoyed the character development in this, and the villains were a lot better than the usual fodder. Hail hydra!

1984 - 7/10

I loved the book and studied it in history at Bath Spa University so it was always going to be a winner. John Hurt was outstanding in the lead role, perfectly cast. Kinda depressing though, you have to be in the right mood to sit through it.

I'm planning on going to see Gone Girl on my toddle cause it's getting solid reviews. Was gonna leave the cinema until Interstellar comes out but I can't help myself :D Review coming soon.

Watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles today. I honestly cant believe the reviews its getting. It was fun, action packed and quite touching at times. I absolutely loved the original films and the old show. This was an absolute blast. Recommended!

Gone Girl. Disturbingly good and it's pretty hilarious how they managed to fit in the hilarious moments despite the dark storyline. And Rosamund Pike was utterly superb with her performance in the film. :clap:

I love her so much..