Unionjack, Where'd You Go?

manpe

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, manpe said:

I thought he loved us

While we are on the subject of talking about forum activity, are we the last two regulars left standing from when this place was in it's prime? All the rest i can think of from back then are either long gone (Term X, Steve, Madmax a few examples) or post about once a year (Alex).

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

While we are on the subject of talking about forum activity, are we the last two regulars left standing from when this place was in it's prime? All the rest i can think of from back then are either long gone (Term X, Steve, Madmax a few examples) or post about once a year (Alex).

I was about in those days but yea, the top posters like Term X, Zolayes?, WeHateScouse, peace, LDNBlue and guys like NicolasCFC, Stingray ect.. are sorely missed around here. 😞

5 minutes ago, DDA said:

I was about in those days but yea, the top posters like Term X, Zolayes?, WeHateScouse, peace, LDNBlue and guys like NicolasCFC, Stingray ect.. are sorely missed around here. 😞

The Zolayes of the era in question is missed, the version he turned into the few years before he was eventually banned was a massive black mark against the forum, he spent it all insulting everyone who had different opinions to him and survived solely on his previous built up status.

The fact i even forgot about you and LDNBlue shows just what a variety of quality posters were about at the time, im not usually one for nostalgia blinding but i don't think you will ever see such a decent community feel built up in any online forum again.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

The Zolayes of the era in question is missed, the version he turned into the few years before he was eventually banned was a massive black mark against the forum, he spent it all insulting everyone who had different opinions to him and survived solely on his previous built up status.

The fact i even forgot about you and LDNBlue shows just what a variety of quality posters were about at the time, im not usually one for nostalgia blinding but i don't think you will ever see such a decent community feel built up in any online forum again.

Amen to that brother. 

I am still a firm believer that even though the MemberOfTheMonth award ended in a fair amount of arguments (all trivial)... it also spurred people on to post more in quantity and quality. Popularity can drive the Modern Man. I'm pretty positive that accolade drove people to use this forum over the others. What else could have caused the sudden decline in activity on here.

Just now, DDA said:

Amen to that brother. 

I am still a firm believer that even though the MemberOfTheMonth award ended in a fair amount of arguments (all trivial)... it also spurred people on to post more in quantity and quality. Popularity can drive the Modern Man.p

Long live the TalkChelsea Legend gold tag :D 

Just now, DDA said:

Amen to that brother. 

I am still a firm believer that even though the MemberOfTheMonth award ended in a fair amount of arguments (all trivial)... it also spurred people on to post more in quantity and quality. Popularity can drive the Modern Man.p

What about the Modern Woman?<_<

On 12/11/2018 at 6:35 PM, Tomo said:

@xPetrCechx and @Pizy are still active too, but can't think of many more sadly. Me and @milan.cech are the only original ones from 2007 still standing though. :cig:Will be here till the bitter end, which is upon us.

EDIT: Hey, @the wes, sorry for forgetting you.. you are also here since the beginning of times my man. Respect.

15 hours ago, DDA said:

Amen to that brother. 

I am still a firm believer that even though the MemberOfTheMonth award ended in a fair amount of arguments (all trivial)... it also spurred people on to post more in quantity and quality. Popularity can drive the Modern Man. I'm pretty positive that accolade drove people to use this forum over the others. What else could have caused the sudden decline in activity on here.

Maybe bringing back the award might lure Henrique back to the forum. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Then please do not bring it back 😂

:lol:

But tbh, despite all their annoyances, they were top posters. By them I mean all the controversial misfits like Leif, Henrique, TermX, Sloth/Kojo, Justin3D... and more whose names I don't recall. I would take them all back in an instant because they gave this place some colour and were driven out unjustly (I think most if not all oldies would agree with me). I'm still sad over Leif's banning not so long ago, we badly miss his humorous and in-depth contribution. I used to come on here high and laugh my ass off on his posts. :D  Him and Kojo were my two best mates on here, had some dope conversations in private, good lads really. :( The only one I wouldn't take back is zolayes, because like @Tomo pointed out he got too arrogant in later years and got some of my favourite posters banned, didn't contribute much beyond drama and short one sentence posts.