24. Reece James

the wes

Awful in the final. He is young but the fact is all our youngsters have some big big issues.

Tammy is not technical, Mount is not a playmaker which asks questions where to play him, James is lazy, AC is weak. Its not just about improving, but they also lack basic, key element in their positions.

I wonder if any is actualy going to be good enough to form another world class chelsea. 

Looking at their rivals at that age like Havertz or Davies, its like day and night.

3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Awful in the final. He is young but the fact is all our youngsters have some big big issues.

Tammy is not technical, Mount is not a playmaker which asks questions where to play him, James is lazy, AC is weak. Its not just about improving, but they also lack basic, key element in their positions.

I wonder if any is actualy going to be good enough to form another world class chelsea. 

Looking at their rivals at that age like Havertz or Davies, its like day and night.

Don't think it had anything to do with Reece being "lazy". He was done in tactically by arteta.

Niles kept coming in midfield, and Reece had to follow, but knowing that it would make it a 1v1 of azpi vs auba, he was often caught in 2 minds. This was something that arsenal obviously planned. If anything it's on FL, to have changed it up or given clear instructions half way through the 1st half during the drinks break.

Also, don't know why this narrative of him being "lazy" is thrown around. 

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Yes there are issues with our young players but being lazy is certainly not one of those in any one of them ... Believe it was bad strategy, that would be my major criticism ... we didnt think it through & through. 

2 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

Lazy is definitely the wrong way to put it, I doubt any player at the top level is lazy. The truth about James is that he has below average pace and lacks intensity in his game. Can he be a useful player? Of course, particularly against teams that sit back and ask us to break them down. But it's going to be tough watching him defend against quick players and/or expect him to excel defensively against top attacking players.

So, is he lazy? Certainly not. He just can't run or turn quickly enough which is a real shame.

2 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

Probably because he has that Ozil-ness about him, if we can call it that, where he looks like he's just playing at his own pace and looks disinterested.

12 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Are you talking about alphonso Davies? 

12 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

AC is not a youngster he turns 25 in early spring

and needs to be sold ASAP as he is shit

Mount is great, he is only going to get better

the rest listed I am underwhelmed on

Reece has pace issues, which is not ideal

• 4 weeks later...

Another fucking injury...

We're really about to start another season with a defense consisting of Azpi, Alonso, Kepa, and the same CB's if Silva isn't up to speed in time. 😂😂😂

You just have to laugh or you'd cry.

Could be in quarantine too. Or just declined a call-up to better prepare for the new season. If it's U21 internationals vs PL football, most would choose latter.

So let's wait till we hear more.