24. Reece James

the wes

2 hours ago, Milan said:

I am more than sure that Reece will come good. More than just good, actually. He is just having a blip, just like every single youngster in the squad. They are young after all. Just like with Tomori, he is a defender so a bad patch will become more apparent. Don't get me wrong - I fume at some stuff I have been seeing from Reece. But he will get through this period and we will enjoy having him in the starting eleven.

Hopefully but I think as earlier in the season this playing two RBs shit isnt helping the team. Azpi and a left back has to start. This is Jose Mourinho-esque from Frank just to accommodate a player who he favourites, who has been poor since the restart. Lets be honest he done it earlier in the season with James again, under similar circumstances, playing 2 right fullbacks. 

I have no doubt he will come good but he needs time, as do the others but this just shows he has a long way to come. Many were saying he was going to immediately replace Azpilicueta after 1 season in the championship. Many also said he was a better fullback than Aaron Wan Bissaka as well who has been hugely impressive since playing in the PL. It was hugely unrealistic expectations and now he is in a bad spell which as you've said is to be expected with the step up and him being young. On a positive note, Mason Mount has really picked up well since the restart and has had the best season out of our younger players from the academy, as Tammy has faded a lot. Mason can still improve his G + A but he has rounded his game and is adding more to the team.

Still early days but desperately hoping James doesn't become a full back who can attack but is an absolute disaster defensively. 
Funny thing is that he does the basics wrong. At least he is young and that can be teaches when you are young. Rüdiger never got the basics for instance right and now it is too late.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Just now, killer1257 said:

Funny thing is that he does the basics wrong. At least he is young and that can be teaches when you are young. Rüdiger never got the basics for instance right and now it is too late.

There's no need to drag Rudiger into discussions when it's not even about him...

There's no need to drag Rudiger into discussions when it's not even about him...
Rüdiger is the perfect example that when you do not get the basics right when you are young, you will never get the basics right in the future.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

July 2019 "we'll be patient with these young players"

July 2020 "what's the point of him"

Epitome of Chelsea fans...

No iota of patience....and that's hypocrisy I wonder if Rashford who all claim to be the second coming of Ronaldo will fair if he is a chelsea youth player...

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I fully expect him to come good down the road

he is not one I am hitting the panic button with at all

his play atm is not great but he at least has massive potential

his crosses are a true weapon and he surely will get better defensively, at least I think so atm

No iota of patience....and that's hypocrisy I wonder if Rashford who all claim to be the second coming of Ronaldo will fair if he is a chelsea youth player...
If Rashford was a Chelsea player, he would not have had reached the level he is now.
But Uniteds DNA is different. Ole said recently that United always gives young players a fair chance and that is in Uniteds philosophy. It is obviously not Chelsea's philosophy

3 minutes ago, Alabama said:

What I find even worse is the youth players are the reason we've still got a chance of top four.

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

If Rashford was a Chelsea player, he would not have had reached the level he is now.
But Uniteds DNA is different. Ole said recently that United always gives young players a fair chance and that is in Uniteds philosophy. It is obviously not Chelsea's philosophy

That says it all...

No wonder the guy together with Greenwood is now on fire...

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

What I find even worse is the youth players are the reason we've still got a chance of top four.

Yet people like Willian Alonso Jorginho Zouma Rudiger Kepa Barkley and the likes who all their effort is so sabotage our season will definitely get free pass

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

This. As well as trying to go for world class talents as we can save all the dough. These are our youth players and the corresponding squad player we have had to buy in the past. And this is considering they don't progress to a better level and what they are supposed to be. Just maintain their current standard.

Reece --- zappacosta (20m euros)

Tomori --- some other 20m euro player

Rlc -- bakayoko (30m euros)

Gilmour -- Drinkwater (30m euros)

Mount -- Barkley (20m eurors)

Tammy -- michy (30m euros)

CHO -- pedro (20m euros)

This is still 170m euros saved by the club which we can use to buy big names for the first team and reach the next level.

3 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

This. As well as trying to go for world class talents as we can save all the dough. These are our youth players and the corresponding squad player we have had to buy in the past. And this is considering they don't progress to a better level and what they are supposed to be. Just maintain their current standard.

Reece --- zappacosta (20m euros)

Tomori --- some other 20m euro player

Rlc -- bakayoko (30m euros)

Gilmour -- Drinkwater (30m euros)

Mount -- Barkley (20m eurors)

Tammy -- michy (30m euros)

CHO -- pedro (20m euros)

This is still 170m euros saved by the club which we can use to buy big names for the first team and reach the next level.

Exactly. The young boys should be seen as 'free' squad players with the potential to become first XI players. Not world class first team members.

As for James, I think he has done well this season but is out of form. That said, I have never been convinced he is a RB so it could also be a case he is being played out of position. 

9 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Exactly. The young boys should be seen as 'free' squad players with the potential to become first XI players. Not world class first team members.

As for James, I think he has done well this season but is out of form. That said, I have never been convinced he is a RB so it could also be a case he is being played out of position. 

so what is his position?

he would be a joke at CB, he is shorter than I am, and is not gifted, so far, defensively at all

DMF?

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

so what is his position?

he would be a joke at CB, he is shorter than I am, and is not gifted, so far, defensively at all

DMF?

I would say DMF. For me, he has issues at RB in that he does not want to overlap, he comes in a lot and he isn't all that quick. He may get better at doing those things (except get faster) as he gets more experience but equally I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up as a DMF. 

15 hours ago, Tomo said:

It is pathetic. The general conception at the beginning of the season was that we are a team in transition. Many saw reaching the UCL as a very optimistic bonus, however that is now looking a reality. There has been stages throughout the season where Mount was considered our best prospect, then Abraham, then James but the minute they have dip in form, the stark contrast in opinions is amazing. No patience for the young ones at all. They have all had strong moments in the season and moments where they have faded out, however I think that was expected but a a whole, the experience gained will continue to make them better players and some of the comments, I think some of our critics will be looking at themselves in shame in the long run.