Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

General Chelsea Stuff


 Share
Followers 1

Recommended Posts

Arsenal pool away, city and Spurs in first 6 games of the season then just shit sides till November. Guess we will know if we can challenge for the title early on 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Woulda been Rays 64th Bday today. Such a shame

Marcus Rashford has raised more than £ 20m for poor children to receive free meals in the Summer holidays. Superb. He knew what it was like growing up with nothing. Now I'm Chelsea through and th

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Arsenal pool away, city and Spurs in first 6 games of the season then just shit sides till November. Guess we will know if we can challenge for the title early on 

Not sure how much can we really read into the early season fixtures because teams might still be feeling their way into the season etc. Once we get those first six games out of the way, we can build up ahead of steam with the "easier" run of games until January, similar to what we did in 2016/17. Getting a return of at least 12 points from the first six is probably not a terrible return.

That being said, if last season's results under Tuchel are anything to go by, it's those "easier" run of games after the first six games that are gonna be problematic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jas said:

Not sure how much can we really read into the early season fixtures because teams might still be feeling their way into the season etc. Once we get those first six games out of the way, we can build up ahead of steam with the "easier" run of games until January, similar to what we did in 2016/17. Getting a return of at least 12 points from the first six is probably not a terrible return.

That being said, if last season's results under Tuchel are anything to go by, it's those "easier" run of games after the first six games that are gonna be problematic. 

Yeah that’s what I meant, our record in the easy games till November.

we can lay a foundation  jf we manage to get for more quickly and win those big early matches and then  pull away with the easier ones


also from January to end of the season our trip to OT on the penultimate day is our last hard one so the festive period will be crucial. Obviously some games will be rescheduled bc of club World Cup and we will lose or draw one or two after our return due to jet lag. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t really pay much attention to anything but the last 5-10 fixtures. And on paper anyways they look quite favorable for us assuming we invest well this summer. 
 

I’d rather have a very tough start than a very tough run in which is what we’ve got.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

brutal EPL stretches in bold

Chelsea’s 2021/22 fixture list in full

14/08/2021

15:00

Crystal Palace (h)

21/08/2021

15:00

Arsenal (a)

28/08/2021

15:00

Liverpool (a)

11/09/2021

15:00

Aston Villa (h)

18/09/2021

15:00

Tottenham Hotspur (a)

25/09/2021

15:00

Manchester City (h)

02/10/2021

15:00

Southampton (h)

16/10/2021

15:00

Brentford (a)

23/10/2021

15:00

Norwich City (h)

30/10/2021

15:00

Newcastle United (a)

06/11/2021

15:00

Burnley (h)

20/11/2021

15:00

Leicester City (a)

27/11/2021

15:00

Manchester United (h)

30/11/2021

19:45

Watford (a)

04/12/2021

15:00

West Ham United (a)

11/12/2021

15:00

Leeds United (h)

15/12/2021

20:00

Everton (h)

18/12/2021

15:00

Wolverhampton (a)

26/12/2021

15:00

Aston Villa (a)

28/12/2021

15:00

Brighton (h)

01/01/2022

15:00

Liverpool (h)

15/01/2022

15:00

Manchester City (a)

22/01/2022

15:00

Tottenham Hotspur (h)

08/02/2022

19:45

Brighton (a)

12/02/2022

15:00

Arsenal (h)

19/02/2022

15:00

Crystal Palace (a)

26/02/2022

15:00

Leicester City (h)

05/03/2022

15:00

Burnley (a)

12/03/2022

15:00

Newcastle United (h)

19/03/2022

15:00

Norwich City (a)

02/04/2022

15:00

Brentford (h)

09/04/2022

15:00

Southampton (a)

16/04/2022

15:00

Leeds United (a)

23/04/2022

15:00

West Ham United (h)

30/04/2022

15:00

Everton (a)

07/05/2022

15:00

Wolverhampton (h)

15/05/2022

15:00

Manchester United (a)

22/05/2022

16:00

Watford (h)

Edited by Vesper
Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess if things go wrong  Tuchel will be sacked after Leicester away game (20  November ) 😂

E3_surBXIAA0MTy?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by milka
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, milka said:

I guess if things go wrong  Tuchel will be sacked after Leicester away game (20  November ) 😂

E3_surBXIAA0MTy?format=jpg&name=large

But the plus side is that we will win the Champions League 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not too worried about the first set of big games being played in the first two months but I'm very worried about the second set being played when Mendy goes to the ACON.

f**k how it will look having a record signing as 3rd choice, we need an adequate back up urgently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jas said:

We start at HOME to Crystal Palace.

AND we also face Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and City in the first 6 games! LMAO

Lmao,. Club's Twitter account got it right.

'Agenda' is the word I would choose myself. The FA's agenda., that is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I'm not too worried about the first set of big games being played in the first two months but I'm very worried about the second set being played when Mendy goes to the ACON.

f**k how it will look having a record signing as 3rd choice, we need an adequate back up urgently.

Crap..I forgot about that.

When Drogba left in 2010 for ACON, we had Malouda and Anelka on fire,..team never suffered in pushing for the title.

GK position is far more crucial.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I'm not too worried about the first set of big games being played in the first two months but I'm very worried about the second set being played when Mendy goes to the ACON.

f**k how it will look having a record signing as 3rd choice, we need an adequate back up urgently.

What are the dates for the AFCON?

I don't understand why Europe doesn't take the opportunity for, say a 3 week international window around the same time, rather than a couple of 1-2 week windows heading into the business end of the season.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

What are the dates for the AFCON?

I don't understand why Europe doesn't take the opportunity for, say a 3 week international window around the same time, rather than a couple of 1-2 week windows heading into the business end of the season.

January 9 - February 6, 2022.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

AFCON is from January 9th to February 6th. Don't know how well Morocco and Senegal will do but maybe we miss those players just for 2 games. Ziyech barely plays anyway and people are over the top with Kepa as usual who may leave for Lazio anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

people are over the top with Kepa as usual

Why did we never see this type of energy for Ross Turnbull?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tomo said:

Why did we never see this type of energy for Ross Turnbull?

Nikki was too young to be on TC back then.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jas said:

January 9 - February 6, 2022.

Ok, so he's pretty much certain to miss the City and Spurs games, but looks like being only those 2 for the league. Obviously 2 tough games but I was expecting it to be worse than 2 league games (I guess a couple of rounds of FA Cup too which he may not have even been likely to play).

The other consideration I guess will be that our fixture list doesn't take into account the World Club Cup yet I assume and therefore there may be a game or two in that to re-schedule.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jas said:

Nikki was too young to be on TC back then.

I was talking a general sense. There seems to be many seemingly ready to defend/make excuses for Kepa so why didn't Turnbull have a similar fan club?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tomo said:

I was talking a general sense. There seems to be many seemingly ready to defend/make excuses for Kepa so why didn't Turnbull have a similar fan club?

You spoiled the fun!

Think it's because Kepa is still the most expensive keeper on earth and he was our #1 for 1-2 seasons. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...