Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

For all the criticism and displays lately, I don't think he is that bad as a goalkeeper, I think the price tag has put to much pressure on his shoulders, you can clearly see he is scared by the week, he also seems to have a weak mentality like Morata, unfortunately I don't think he will get over it and might need to go back in Spain to start fresh again.

1 hour ago, Patrick Bamford said:

Edjj2pTXgAABzI_?format=jpg&name=large

Thing with those stats is that they were before his Sheff Utd I believe, since then he has conceded 8 goals from 11 shots. Further, if you go to top 8 leagues it is sub 145 out of 152. 

People are saying he's in a bad form because of reasons related to his private life or whatever and that he's regressed this season, and whilst that is true to some extent. I don't think he was anything special last season either, made some good saves in the Europa but that was it.

As much as people disliked him, going from Courtois to Kepa is as big a downgrade as it gets. Kepa has lowered the bar so much that fans believe every shot against him is a worldie and unstoppable, while easy saves you take for granted are deemed very good saves now. He's not even good with his feet, bad decisions and hoofs it when under pressure.

Despite everything, I have nothing against him. He's a bad goalkeeper but it's our fault we signed him and offered him those wages. Sarri in particular is to blame because he was his choice, but how our board allowed it is beyond me. His numbers even at Bilbao were not spectacular. Decent but nothing that would suggest "world class potential". And as if it wan't enough, they decided that offering him the longest running contract at the club was a good idea.

8 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

People are saying he's in a bad form because of reasons related to his private life or whatever and that he's regressed this season, and whilst that is true to some extent. I don't think he was anything special last season either, made some good saves in the Europa but that was it.

As much as people disliked him, going from Courtois to Kepa is as big a downgrade as it gets. Kepa has lowered the bar so much that fans believe every shot against him is a worldie and unstoppable, while easy saves you take for granted are deemed very good saves now. He's not even good with his feet, bad decisions and hoofs it when under pressure.

Despite everything, I have nothing against him. He's a bad goalkeeper but it's our fault we signed him and offered him those wages. Sarri in particular is to blame because he was his choice, but how our board allowed it is beyond me. His numbers even at Bilbao were not spectacular. Decent but nothing that would suggest "world class potential". And as if it wan't enough, they decided that offering him the longest running contract at the club was a good idea.

Yeah, you are right. The amount of times I had to tell a certain breed of Kepa supporter that the save against Watford wasn't akin to Banks v Brazil was unbelievable. Honestly, this whole Kepa situation has made me realise how stubborn people can be. All the evidence there is on him clearly shows a poor GK, however because people previously said he was good/great they feel the need to defend the indefensible. 

5 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, you are right. The amount of times I had to tell a certain breed of Kepa supporter that the save against Watford wasn't akin to Banks v Brazil was unbelievable. Honestly, this whole Kepa situation has made me realise how stubborn people can be. All the evidence there is on him clearly shows a poor GK, however because people previously said he was good/great they feel the need to defend the indefensible. 

I think the supporters(mainly the young ones) wanted Kepa to succeed to prove that we didn't need Courtois and that he wasn't very good(obviously not true) so they maintained the illusion that he was a good goalkeeper who was unlucky or playing with a bad defense around him refusing to see the truth.

The funny thing is that the expectations for our next goalkeeper are going to be huge in comparision. People will be downplaying his good saves and amplifying his mistakes.

34 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

I think the supporters(mainly the young ones) wanted Kepa to succeed to prove that we didn't need Courtois and that he wasn't very good(obviously not true) so they maintained the illusion that he was a good goalkeeper who was unlucky or playing with a bad defense around him refusing to see the truth.

The funny thing is that the expectations for our next goalkeeper are going to be huge in comparision. People will be downplaying his good saves and amplifying his mistakes.

Yeah, it pretty much came from the fact, that Courtois screwed us over a little bit as people were expecting him to show more loyalty and faith to the club, although it's partly board's fault as they could see it coming but apparently didn't believe he won't renew or didn't think they need a GK, lol, hence panic sell and panic buy. Not renewing, some bad words in press and the whole 'snake' thing started + he wasn't a cool guy really. In contrast, Kepa seems like a likeable, modest lad and was happy to sign 7 year contract, so he quickly got most of fans on his side. Well, I still wish him the very best, but clearly he can't handle what he has to handle right now.

I've defended him for far too long. I'm now officially done with him, there's no going back now. We have to get a new GK.

Tbh, I spent most of summer 2018 saying we should sign Cillessen. He's hardly a world class keeper but he certainly isn't any worse than Kepa and would have cost only a fraction of Kepa's massive transfer fee. What a fuck up this turned out to be

14 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I wish someone had spoken to this Sociedad fan first. 

In fairness we haven't actually seen those type of outrageous errors here, it's more lacking the fundamentals.

if he done a few of them every season but also did the basics and made some great saves i'd be willing to give him another shot.

On 1/24/2019 at 11:17 PM, Jason said:

What a Kepa! :wub:

On 1/24/2019 at 11:46 PM, Bosnian Blue said:

I am so delighted we got rid of the fucking cancer that was Courtois and brought this kid in. Seems such a nice and polite fella

We love you Kepa

On 1/24/2019 at 11:59 PM, Alabama said:

My Kepa...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

On 1/25/2019 at 0:01 AM, MrExcalibur100 said:

He's freaking brilliant. Makes me not even remember a great keeper like Courtois left us. He's that good. His distribution is a million times better than Courtois' mediocre distribution plus he's an excellent shot stopper. The best distribution of any Chelsea keeper probably ever. His command of the box has really impressed/surprised me.  Love everything about Kepa. He's been easily one of our best players this season.

On 1/25/2019 at 7:22 AM, Tomo said:

The fact he's come here on a record breaking fee for a keeper and the media, pundits and opposition fans are leaving him alone is the biggest compliment he can get.

The narratives wrote themselves for the anti Chelsea brigade, if he was even as much as needing adaption time they would have banged on about how he's a downgrade on Courtois (like they done with Baka/Matic even when the former was playing allright) while constantly citing Alisson as how to spend big money on a keeper properly.

On 1/25/2019 at 8:37 AM, manpe said:

Courtois did us a favour by acting a cunt or we wouldn't have got Kepa. I didn't even realize what we were missing until I saw Kepa's distribution, so accurate and effortless... Courtois would whip half of those balls out of bounds. Not only that but he's a great shot stopper too. 7 year contract how lucky are we :P 

On 1/25/2019 at 11:53 AM, Special Juan said:

I love this bloke.

On 1/25/2019 at 0:20 PM, BlueLyon said:

He just has this Cech vibe about him. Seems determined to succeed here and genuinely likes to be here. No other preferences like that cunt Tibo.

We always like to make things black or white :D

It was general opinion that Kepa was great in his first season here.

It is true that he is horrible this season and not 15% of what he was last season.

We have example of DDG. How many years he has been labeled as best GK in the world?

Now people make fun of him. Probably two, three years now.  Both from hero to zero.

I think it is mental thing with Kepa. Saying this, he has been shit lately and needs to be replaced urgently.

But he is not the worst GK like some making him... He can easily come back next season (In Spain?) and become world class and Spain number one.

I think we need new GK next season but not because I think Kepa is the worst GK but because if I have to bet I think it is more likely next season he will be Kepa from this season and not from the last one.

21 hours ago, Jason said:

This. I have tried to be patient with Kepa this season, even after all the mistakes he has made but it has gotten to the point where I don't think he will make a save anymore. He's just there to make up the numbers but otherwise, he's just a ghost in goal. Better off not even playing a goalie if Kepa is gonna play. 

He kinda f up your brain what shot is saveable