Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

37 minutes ago, lucio said:

Give him away for free, just wake up,admit he’s shit and get his wages off the books 

Unfortunately we can't. That's a 50m loss for us. Will probably affect our whole tranfer policy. 

Pathetic player. What a predicament

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't think it ever got this bad with Courtois...

The reaction at the time for Courtois was typically OTT, the usuals with the oh hes finished at the top level etc only for him to have arguably gone and been the most consistent GK of the last 18 months in Europe.

People forget GKs can have bad seasons. I wouldnt say Kepa has been poor from week 1 to now but his mistakes which there have been a few haven't helped. It would seem last seasons very good performances, where many thought hes more than good enough to replace ‘that shit cunt Courtois/whatever other incorrect brash insults’ were made about him has in typical Chelsea fans fashion gone out the window. Lets not forget even Big Pete had some howlers towards the end of his spell here (really bad half season under Andre before Di Matteo came in) before having arguably one of the most iconic run of CL games a GK has ever had imo.

12 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

The reaction at the time for Courtois was typically OTT, the usuals with the oh hes finished at the top level etc only for him to have arguably gone and been the most consistent GK of the last 18 months in Europe.

People forget GKs can have bad seasons. I wouldnt say Kepa has been poor from week 1 to now but his mistakes which there have been a few haven't helped. It would seem last seasons very good performances, where many thought hes more than good enough to replace ‘that shit cunt Courtois/whatever other incorrect brash insults’ were made about him has in typical Chelsea fans fashion gone out the window. Lets not forget even Big Pete had some howlers towards the end of his spell here (really bad half season under Andre before Di Matteo came in) before having arguably one of the most iconic run of CL games a GK has ever had imo.

Forget what people said about Courtois. The fact is, his performance level never got as horrendous as Kepa now. The guy can barely even save a shot, never mind a goal!

You can have bad seasons and you can have seasons like this one....

the problem is not that he produces howlers like de Gea. The problem is that he is afraid to make the save and look bad. He is just scared. He swings his arms to make his saves look harder On easy ones  and he stays rooted to make his goals conceded Look world beaters. He just coasts through games hoping that nothing fiercely hit comes towards him. And if it does his first concern is not to look to bad saving it instead of actually saving it. He obviously is not in a state of mind where he should be a professional athlete

i have never seen a goalkeeper in a top league being at fault for this many goals. As a defender you want to rely on you goalie a bit to facilitate the defending . Most defenses allow shots from 30 yards bc you expect the goalie to save them. We can’t so we leave space in behind. 

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Forget what people said about Courtois. The fact is, his performance level never got as horrendous as Kepa now. The guy can barely even save a shot, never mind a goal!

True. I do think he could have saved 5 or 6 of the goals hes conceded and would say theres a deeper issue with him than Courtois when he his dodgy spell. Is it coaching? Is it confidence? Is it ability? I think its more likely one of the first two. I mean I seen enough of him last season and in some games this season to think that he isnt a bad GK. 

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

True. I do think he could have saved 5 or 6 of the goals hes conceded and would say theres a deeper issue with him than Courtois when he his dodgy spell. Is it coaching? Is it confidence? Is it ability? I think its more likely one of the first two. I mean I seen enough of him last season and in some games this season to think that he isnt a bad GK. 

He might not be a bad keeper but he does not seem capable of playing at the highest level either. Needs to be replaced ASAP!

1 minute ago, Jason said:

He might not be a bad keeper but he does not seem capable of playing at the highest level either. Needs to be replaced ASAP!

I think if there was a huge list of outstanding GKs yes go for it but I still dont think Henderson, Onana and Donnarumma are vastly superior. Oblak and ter Stegen? 99% Unattainable but outstanding GKs. I still think United wont even replace De Gea with Henderson and you could say hes had a worse 2 years than Kepa has for mistakes.

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

I think if there was a huge list of outstanding GKs yes go for it but I still dont think Onana and Donnarumma are vastly superior. Oblak and ter Stegen? 99% Unattainable but outstanding GKs

Dean Henderson? At this point, I might even take Nick Pope!

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Dean Henderson? At this point, I might even take Nick Pope!

Henderson, I doubt will be Uniteds number 1 next season and their Gk has had a poor 2 years. Nick Pope? I could see him as a back up and while hes had some great games, I feel hes overhyped and will likely be to the same sort of level Fraser Forster was at Southampton, which again wouldnt say is a huge improvement or the level you want at a top 4 club as your number 1 GK. 

(Video): Frustrated Chelsea defenders scream at helpless Kepa as he leaves dangerous cross

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2020/07/video-frustrated-chelsea-defenders-scream-helpless-kepa-leaves-dangerous-cross/

Chelsea have just conceded 5 goals to Liverpool, yet their goalkeeper’s worst error was after all 5 had gone in.

If you ever want to see a goalie in painfully bad form, just look at this.

Liverpool flash a free kick across the box – not even a particularly fast one, and the keeper stood there like an icicle.

The ball literally travels 3 feet in front of his nose and he can’t move from the spot, so transfixed with terror is he.

The defenders are screaming at him not because he should come for it – it’s long gone by then – they’re screaming at him because they can’t believe he didn’t.

You can see the horror moment in the clips embedded here:

1 hour ago, Jype said:

Conceded 13 goals from 18 shots on target since the restart in the PL. Fuck me, that's horrible.

For some reason I still believed in him before the covid break but since then I've well and truly seen the light. After that fraud of a performance the club should just leave him in the streets of Liverpool and tell him to walk home.

Defense doesn't really do him any favors either but he should still save at least some of the shots aimed at him, right? Near the end today Liverpool had one set piece and everyone was shouting at Kepa to claim it but he just stood on his line and watched the ball as it went across the box. He's really bad.

This is why i defend the defenders despite none of them being great themselves, a ludicrous amount of pressure is put on them due to our wastefulness and any clean strike going in. Get a new keeper to go alongside our new attackers (and pick atleast 3 constants in the back 4) and i think people will be surprised at how much better/less chaotic things look. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I don't think it ever got this bad with Courtois...

Said at the time people didn't realize how good we had it with Courtois. He may be a repulsive bellend but he's an unbelievable keeper.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Said at the time people didn't realize how good we had it with Courtois. He may be a repulsive bellend but he's an unbelievable keeper.

This, he maybe annoying, not loyal bla2 but It was so obvious we had a wc gk in our hand. I said he wasn't the best shot stopper but compare to kepa, Courtois is a goat shot stopper. And i don't want to talk about crosses.