Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

I wonder whether some of people who post here are fully sane; Frustration with Kepa's performances are understandable, but, let alone financial aspect, are You seriously think, that buying some random Turkish/Brazilian/Portugese 2nd division guy and expecting him to hit the ground running and become 1st choice gk in one of top PL clubs will be any better, than shabby Kepa? Like, seriously? Willy was 1st choice for a while and it changed nothing. Oblak? ok. Onana? Ok-ish. But instead of hyping some random who will fail tragically better promote Cumming or make use of Blackman finally. They will be no worse than another panic buy, count as homegrown, fit philosophy of playing academy youth and cash can be spend elsewhere.
I said it before already – Kepa is part of a problem, but club needs serious improvement in gk/defence coaching and some serious sport psychologist – in last decade we've seen a handful of great players, who failed miserably in Chelsea due to mental issues. Yes, in PL pressure is high, but club itself is greatly responsible for this too – if Morata could handle playing in Real, why didn't he handle it here?
If we got eg. this Turkish talent we are linked with, two bad matches and he is over, as he'll get double the stuff thrown at him by fans as Kepa.
Plus, Bulka was just recently sold, so I doubt keeper change is even an option at the club in near future.    
Do you know how good rajkovic and Cakir are?

They are simply random to you.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Do you know how good rajkovic and Cakir are?

They are simply random to you.

Of Course. I posted when we were linked to 3/4 of GKs in existence. Cakir is random for me, that's true, he seems still in development, with meh stats in meh league – may be a huge talent but I don't see him as an immediate first choice for top-flight PL club and we are talking 80-milion-sunk-+-salary-Kepa replacement here & now, not buying prospects.

I didn't mean Rajkovic with my post, but he is an interesting example. Kinda reminds me of Telles situation. Being hyped on this board (and many others) for YEARS, looking very good but still, for some reason we don't and probably won't know no interest from big clubs at all. I was 100% sure some very big club will pull him from Tel Aviv (even if looking to loan him further), but it didn't happen, I'm afraid not without a reason (but damn, I'd like to see him here).

Hold on to Kepa for another season. Invest in a LB and a CB and see what the man can do behind a more organized and consistent back line. All of our defenders have some great qualities but my goodness they are so erratic at times and seem to lack concentration for the full 90 minutes. I wonder if being asked to "play out the back" overloads their brain and causes them to make some of the mistakes they do? 

Maybe Kepa will grow 2-4 inches during the off-season (wishing on a star). 

36 minutes ago, BigMabz said:

Hold on to Kepa for another season. Invest in a LB and a CB and see what the man can do behind a more organized and consistent back line. All of our defenders have some great qualities but my goodness they are so erratic at times and seem to lack concentration for the full 90 minutes. I wonder if being asked to "play out the back" overloads their brain and causes them to make some of the mistakes they do? 

Maybe Kepa will grow 2-4 inches during the off-season (wishing on a star). 

Agree with this. 

IF we had the rest of the defence (CB, LB, RB, DMF) sorted, then sure, go for the insane luxury buys of luxury buys in Oblak. But alas, we do not.

What is also insane is to go into 2020/21 with our keeper situation exactly as it is now. Willy is 39 years old in 2 months. He is not good enough to be the starting keeper on ANY EPL team. If we do nothing, and IF Kepa collapses (Lampard CLEARLY does NOT trust him for shit) we will be stuck with the worst starting keeper in the league,  all after spending hundreds of millions elsewhere. Rajkovic is inexpensive insurance who quite likely becomes our number one. The other, even cheaper, option is to go after a proven 31 to 35yo vet for the number 2. Someone better than Willy.

Fraser Forster (2.01m as well)

Salvatore Sirigu

Samir Handanovic (IF Inter would sell him he would be fucking IDEAL)

Vicente Guaita

Tim Krul

Sven Ulreich (now the number 3 at Bayern)

have Cech deep dive all 6 and bloody buy one if we are not hellbent on buying an instant number one/Kepa replacement 

It isn't rocket surgery ffs

Of Course. I posted when we were linked to 3/4 of GKs in existence. Cakir is random for me, that's true, he seems still in development, with meh stats in meh league – may be a huge talent but I don't see him as an immediate first choice for top-flight PL club and we are talking 80-milion-sunk-+-salary-Kepa replacement here & now, not buying prospects.
I didn't mean Rajkovic with my post, but he is an interesting example. Kinda reminds me of Telles situation. Being hyped on this board (and many others) for YEARS, looking very good but still, for some reason we don't and probably won't know no interest from big clubs at all. I was 100% sure some very big club will pull him from Tel Aviv (even if looking to loan him further), but it didn't happen, I'm afraid not without a reason (but damn, I'd like to see him here).
Well if we both like Rajkovic I think we just became friends

The first and second goals were a bit out of his hands imo but the Oxlade-Chamberlain one he has to do better. Also that FK with Rudi roaring at him summed his season up even after he did well coming off his line to get that TAA pass and prevent a shooting chance.

Still a fan and will be because he has the right tools to be a very good GK but somethings not right with him, probably 10 games this season you could say hes performed poorly and been at fault for some of the goals but I think he will be under intense scrutiny next season if this continues or isnt replaced.

We've seen him play well here just need to hope he comes back refreshed and improves and is more consistent but the same goes for the whole defence. Courtois had a similar season in that year before we got Conte as manager so I do hope if he remains he can do much better.

He never used to be this bad! Just keeps doing odd things! Probably doesnt help the defence is a bit dodge but some of the saves he doesnt make but really should..

I dont get the price tag and has had many a good games but...its not working. Feel sorry for him is a shit role being goalie..know its what he trained for but still

5 minutes ago, Jype said:

Conceded 13 goals from 18 shots on target since the restart in the PL. Fuck me, that's horrible.

For some reason I still believed in him before the covid break but since then I've well and truly seen the light. After that fraud of a performance the club should just leave him in the streets of Liverpool and tell him to walk home.

Defense doesn't really do him any favors either but he should still save at least some of the shots aimed at him, right? Near the end today Liverpool had one set piece and everyone was shouting at Kepa to claim it but he just stood on his line and watched the ball as it went across the box. He's really bad.

I just dont get what's happened! He improved a bit after the drop saga but gone crap again

Know maybe lack of confidence but least try..what's the worst that can happen? They score..dont try and tjeu definitely will