Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

I think his transfer fee and length of contract mean he's basically stuck here. I'm sure his wages are massive for a keeper as well.

Where could he even go? And would the club take a mega loss just to move on quickly?

Just now, Special Juan said:

Simon Phillips saying it may rest on us loaning him to get a new keeper.

The problem with that is the amortisation of his transfer fee is around £10m per season and he's on huge wages. No team is going to pay a sizeable loan fee and his wages in full for him.

Even loaning him out is going to be a massive cost for us.

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Simon Phillips saying it may rest on us loaning him to get a new keeper.

Has a player with 5+ years left on a contract ever been loaned before for the entirety of their contract? 

Maybe we can send him back to Bilbao.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Has a player with 5+ years left on a contract ever been loaned before for the entirety of their contract? 

Maybe we can send him back to Bilbao.

From what I've heard the backup Bilbao brought through to replace Kepa, they think is better than him.

41 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Question is who wanted to buy him. I highly doubt that was Marina.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

The problem was that the board did not adequately plan around what was happening with TC. Let's be honest, they had around 1-2 years to be scouting a GK before he left as he refused to sign an extension for ages (this should have made it clear he would leave sooner rather than later.) 

I have had a theory since the Summer 18 that what happened was Chelsea thought they had signed Alisson and for some reason it fell through (my guess here is that the Dipper's either went higher on the bid and we refused to match it or the Dipper's turned his head in some way.) This line of thinking is supported by Alisson, who said he was in negotiations with us, and TC who said he was told in March that he could leave (I believe him on this.)

When the Alisson deal then fell through, Granny then tried to make TC stay (as there was no plan b ) and he said 'fuck you, Granny' at which point panic stations set in. From there, they then started scrambling around for a GK but were further boxed in as they;

a) refused to do something like pay £10m to get a Cech/Foster etc elder statesmens in to cover our arse whilst we scouted a new GK.

b ) they had left things super late (so no one who was established - Oblak etc - was going to move that late)

c) we had either stopped scouting GK's with Alisson and/or hadn't been scouting GK properly. 

That then left the board/Granny to look at buy outs (Granny's fav type of transfer as she then does not have to negotiate) and they some how ended up at Kepa (at this point I have to suspect the use of hard drugs, say crack or acid.) 

34 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

34 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

And someone must have scouted him and given a recommendation. That person needs o have their eyes checked. His weaknesses are there in plain sight. This and his obvious physical attributes that are completely disadvantageous for a pro athlete (short weak limbs, lacking core strength, poor leap and no explosiveness) . The only thing he is good at is making the easy goals he concedes look like like worldies by always being in the wrong position and stupidly Swinging his arms around like a child trying to fly. And even at that he failed miserably yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

And someone must have scouted him and given a recommendation. That person needs o have their eyes checked. His weaknesses are there in plain sight. This and his obvious physical attributes that are completely disadvantageous for a pro athlete (short weak limbs, lacking core strength, poor leap and no explosiveness) . The only thing he is good at is making the easy goals he concedes look like like worldies by always being in the wrong position and stupidly Swinging his arms around like a child trying to fly. And even at that he failed miserably yesterday. 

Yeah, but according to some, we are wrong, Kepa was amazing last season and this is only a blip. 

4 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

He took a risk but if he pulled that pass off Alonso/Emerson (cannot remember who played think it was Marcos) would of had space to go into as opposed to if he played that slightly safer to one of the CBs, Sterling and Mahrez or whoever were wide would of been able to make it up and pressure them. The willingness of us playing out under pressure or against pressing teams really has dropped since Sarri left. I dont think it was a huge issue that pass, nothing came of it, sometimes Alisson or Ederson or De Gea take risks with their kicking etc too and for all the amazing passes or whatever they provide youll find there will similar ones that didnt come off or were recovered by the other team etc. Its not as if it was a bad idea because if the ball was a foot or 2 foot higher Alonso would of had it and we would of been in their half. 

Walker was already sprinting towards Alonso, so even if he would have managed to control the ball, there wouldn't be any significant profit (with Mahrez closing in on him too). The best and the easiest choice was either Christensen or Rudiger. The fact that he (Kepa) appeals for offside when Mahrez headed the ball towards Bernardo Silva, tells me that he had no idea what he was doing with Christensen and Rudiger next to him.

9 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The problem with that is the amortisation of his transfer fee is around £10m per season and he's on huge wages. No team is going to pay a sizeable loan fee and his wages in full for him.

Even loaning him out is going to be a massive cost for us.

If there's a will there's a way, even United managed to find a new home for Alexis.

15 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

He's made far too many mistakes and not only that what he did in the cup final was truly stupid.

I think he's got an inferiority complex.

Can't blame im for that^^

leageu cup final i guess but yeah. he should have been sacked afterwards.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

If there's a will there's a way, even United managed to find a new home for Alexis.

Yeah but United are still paying a massive portion of his wages. 

I'm not sure, the way the club operates, it'll be prepared to suck up a large chunk of his transfer fee and wages to allow him to be loaned out.

At best I think we may be able to command £5m for a loan fee and someone pay £75-100k per week of his salary. There would definitely be suitors as he's still well regarded in Spain and an international for their country but it will be teams outside the top 3 looking at him who won't usually spend big money.