Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:
2 minutes ago, Jason said:
Should have done better with Valencia's first goal but I don't think he could do anything about the second. That stupid cross was way too high.

He pulled his hands down. Seemed like a similar situation to the Ajax FK he conceded.

Im now one of his bigger critics but that was not his fault, had he touched it he would have potentially risked a needless corner or worse deflecting it into the net. Im okay with the 2nd goal. 

Im now one of his bigger critics but that was not his fault, had he touched it he would have potentially risked a needless corner or worse deflecting it into the net. Im okay with the 2nd goal. 
Needless corner or coming away with qualification?

Better to be safe than sorry

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
4 minutes ago, Jason said:
Should have done better with Valencia's first goal but I don't think he could do anything about the second. That stupid cross was way too high.

He pulled his hands down. Seemed like a similar situation to the Ajax FK he conceded.

Was never going to reach it regardless. He's not over 200cm!

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Needless corner or coming away with qualification?

Better to be safe than sorry

If we had conceded from the corner then it would have been more ammunition against him. He took a risk it didn't pay off, thats okay. Whats not okay is conceding that 1st goal.

Just now, LAM09 said:
2 minutes ago, Jason said:
Was never going to reach it regardless. He's not over 200cm!

Still doesn't make the situation any better. Had it not been for the PK save, I'd be signing a different tune about his performance.

Pummel him for the 1st goal then. He couldn't do anything about the 2nd.

2 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

If we had conceded from the corner then it would have been more ammunition against him. He took a risk it didn't pay off, thats okay. Whats not okay is conceding that 1st goal.

that first goal was 90% not his fault

I am pissed about the shit pass outs and then his pulling his arms back on the second

he needs a new GK coach badly

Sarri took a great one back to Italy

the one we have now is fucking SHIT

Hilário :rant:

Pummel him for the 1st goal then. He couldn't do anything about the 2nd.
That's where we differ. I don't see him necessarily at fault for the first despite it possibly being able to do a bit better.

We might as well not had anyone down our left all night, as Valencia had free rein from KO.

Just now, Vesper said:

I cannot believe we spend 72 million quid on a GK and now we already are having huge issues

:rant:

I’m sorry, but I vividly remember and argument you and I had where you went through thick and thin to disprove my statement “Kepa isn’t a top keeper yet”. 

12 months later, I’m still firm on my stance that he is potential and that was it. Has what you want in a modern day GK. He isn’t an issue for me. 

Bizarre U-Turn you’ve taken 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I’m sorry, but I vividly remember and argument you and I had where you went through thick and thin to disprove my statement “Kepa isn’t a top keeper yet”. 

12 months later, I’m still firm on my stance that he is potential and that was it. Has what you want in a modern day GK. He isn’t an issue for me. 

Bizarre U-Turn you’ve taken 

I think it is coaching

it is the only difference really that has occurred

27 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I think it is coaching

it is the only difference really that has occurred

He's just turned 25, and for a GK that is nothing. Not even close to his prime I'd imagine. He has everything you want in a modern day GK. 

A part of me knew he would save that penalty.