Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

Still not sure if he is good enough. His positioning on 2 of the goals conceded today was questionable to say the least. Onana on the other hand made like 10 saves. I checked and Onana only has contract till 2022 so a cheeky bid next summer might land him....

23 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Still not sure if he is good enough. His positioning on 2 of the goals conceded today was questionable to say the least. Onana on the other hand made like 10 saves. I checked and Onana only has contract till 2022 so a cheeky bid next summer might land him....

He looked ridiculously flat footed for Ajax's 3rd and probably the 2nd too. It's kinda maddening how he's not more commanding in the box. 

Love Kepa but its getting harder and harder to defend him. We are just conceding too many goals which leave you wondering could he have done better? I have a feeling its more to do with Lampard's goal keeping coach since he has regressed massively this season. Im hoping we can have at least 10 games with him out of the spotlight. 

I've been one of his biggest critics, but let's remember he got us three points on Saturday. 

Still fairly young and doesn't get that much help in front of him. He may never be an elite keeper, but in modern football he is good enough for a top club. 

6 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I've been one of his biggest critics, but let's remember he got us three points on Saturday. 

Still fairly young and doesn't get that much help in front of him. He may never be an elite keeper, but in modern football he is good enough for a top club. 

The problem with Kepa is that he's capable of making great saves but at the same time, he also leaves one wonder whether he should be doing better for the goals we concede, not all but a number of them. 

8 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Love Kepa but its getting harder and harder to defend him. We are just conceding too many goals which leave you wondering could he have done better? I have a feeling its more to do with Lampard's goal keeping coach since he has regressed massively this season. Im hoping we can have at least 10 games with him out of the spotlight. 

I agree. He has regressed so much. Starting to worry, which is madness as we just dropped £72m on a 24yo GK.

GK is BY FAR the weakest position atm in global football. With de Gea somewhat collapsing, there are only 4 truly WC GK atm, Oblak, ter Stegen, Alisson, and Ederson.

If Kepa and de Gea do not get back on track, it is quite likely we just saw the 5th best keeper out there in Onana, and he is only 23.

Just not a lot of talent atm to be had that is ready to step right in and lead a top club. Schmeichel has been superb, shame he is 33yo, so whilst still at peak, he has 5 or 6 years max left.

• 3 weeks later...

I really, really hope that we 'Karius - Alisson' him and cynically get rid of him ASAP for a much better keeper. He's so goddamn bang average, and not least, too short. Sterling's shot epitomized his goalkeeping quintessence. I would honestly take Nick Pope over him. That's how desperate I am for a new, taller keeper.

I really, really hope that we 'Karius - Alisson' him and cynically get rid of him ASAP for a much better keeper. He's so goddamn bang average, and not least, too short. Sterling's shot epitomized his goalkeeping quintessence. I would honestly take Nick Pope over him. That's how desperate I am for a new, taller keeper.
Ter Stegen is smaller than him and he is World class

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Irakozium257 said:

He really is becoming a worry. His number of fumbles and easy to moderately difficult saves he fails to make is appalling. Many do not matter so it is not that evident right now. But if we count every action he should have done better beginning with his ppor fumbles in his 4th game at home vs Arsenal last season till today, I doubt Cech or even Courtois made that many errors costing goals in their whole Chelsea career. Height seems not even be the only issue cos he is erratic with both high and low shots.

44 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
1 hour ago, killer1257 said:
Ter Stegen is smaller than him and he is World class

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

He wasn't all that during his time in Germany and was prone to the odd mistake.

He still is when playing for the NT. It is like a mental blockag, like the one Kepa has in every game^^

btw Kepa is 1cm shorter than ter Stegen if the player profiles on the offical website are correct.