Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

5 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

It was fantastic, I was half expecting him to miss the ball and get a red to compound our misery. 

I was expecting kungfu clearance and then the ball bouncing back into Leicester goal. 

Turned out into casual clearance and then nothing.

Dissapointed.

I dont think there is a better GK except maybe Ederson in terms of distribution in the PL. Long pass, short pass, left foot, right foot... he is very good. 

Shot stopping is also very good, obviously. Does anybody else think hes maybe put a bit more muscle mass on this season. Or am I blind.

12 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I dont think there is a better GK except maybe Ederson in terms of distribution in the PL. Long pass, short pass, left foot, right foot... he is very good. 

Shot stopping is also very good, obviously. Does anybody else think hes maybe put a bit more muscle mass on this season. Or am I blind.

You're blind. :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Have to say I don't think he's very good has been riddled with mistakes this season he's got no presence either and has flimsy wrists and he looks like Dutch from The Shield.

31tS445sFCL._QL70_.jpg

Lol

Yeah perhaps you may prefer, like I do, a taller more dominant in the box goalie.

on the other hand, I do agree that kepa is not playing particularly well and some of the shots that went in were stoppable.

6 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

We need a proper goal keeper's coach, Hilario has been the goal keeper's coach this season and we can already see Kepa has regressed massively. 

This makes mad sense. Expect the board to therefore veto it.

USE CECH

I think he does the basic stuff really well actually, shots he's actually expected to save he does it like food and drink, the only issue is so far we've rarely seen the impossible done with him (which separates him from the likes of Alison, prime DDG etc) which means we don't often stay in the game while getting battered or keep a clean sheet/only concede one while conceding lots of chances like we often did with Courtois. I don't worry about him being a spectacular liability like one of Arsenal's banter keepers of the late 00s/early 10's but equally not sure he can ever break out to a level he consistently saves our arse when an opponent is smashing us.

10 years ago I'd say we need an upgrade but in this era his weaknesses ain't that big a problem if we can grow into the side we hope. I'd say Ederson is a similar level to Kepa but his weaknesses at "actual goalkeeping" is rarely exposed due to how good and complete the side he's playing for is.