Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Couldn't disagree more and thinking it is about luck is one of the reasons England kept losing shootouts.

Hours of studying goes into working out patterns of penalty takers and keepers, and the decisions made by players and keepers are often based on their research, for example, Cech in Munich.

Maybe but the research can go out the window. The occasion can get to players too. For me, mentality and luck is a bigger factor. Luiz was unlucky for instance. Scoring that would of altered the rest of the shootout. Players are aware that teams look at patterns and can change it up too. It does work the research but even the Munich game, Drogbas equalizier rattled Bayern and I think that and the occasion got to some of them too, especially Schweinsteiger when he took that penalty he never looked confident. Luck does play a massive part in cup finals. Also today, Agueros goal was onside I would say. We got lucky there. 

11 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Thing is, even if it was a misunderstanding, who is he to say no to a substitution?

Does he think he is teflon don? That he is the unsubbed one?

That's it. Players aren't always happy at being subbed off and may sulk after. Difference is they don't refuse to come off! 

What's next.. Don't fancy coming on as a sub I'm gana refuse? 

11 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Thing is, even if it was a misunderstanding, who is he to say no to a substitution?

Does he think he is teflon don? That he is the unsubbed one?

Playing devil's advocate here - What if Sarri did want to make the keeper sub because of Caballero's penalty save record but Kepa at that point of time thought it was because his cramp, hence the misunderstanding? 

Chelsea's Kepa Arrizabalaga insists he did not mean to disobey Maurizio Sarri in Carabao Cup final

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11647531/chelseas-kepa-arrizabalaga-insists-he-did-not-mean-to-disobey-maurizio-sarri-in-carabao-cup-final

Again school boy errors ..basics , manager , assistants, medical team, players, should all speak fluent english(gcse grade at least) to play for the 1 best teams in England for a starter !

I want Sarri out as much as anyone as you will know but Kepa should be ashamed of himself. I think bringing on Caballero would have been a good punt and surely put some doubt into Citys players but that was not even the question here. You cant disobey the manager on the world stage. That is disrespecting the club as much  as the manager. Shiws how little respect Sarri has in the squad but also the lack of leadership discipline m within the squad. Imagine what Terry or even Cahill would have done. They would have physically carried Kepa out of bounds. This is just pathetic and really makes me struggle to identify with anything at the club aby more. Not the board, the squad, the manager. Just the name, tradition and the fans are still the same.

10 minutes ago, mccg said:

Chelsea's Kepa Arrizabalaga insists he did not mean to disobey Maurizio Sarri in Carabao Cup final

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11647531/chelseas-kepa-arrizabalaga-insists-he-did-not-mean-to-disobey-maurizio-sarri-in-carabao-cup-final

Again school boy errors ..basics , manager , assistants, medical team, players, should all speak fluent english(gcse grade at least) to play for the 1 best teams in England for a starter !

What else can he say? He fucked it up. I would also say: "Me no understand English".

Kepa Arrizabalaga incident a misunderstanding, says Maurizio Sarri

Chelsea boss plays down substitution farce during Carabao Cup final

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11646858/kepa-arrizabalaga-incident-a-misunderstanding-says-maurizio-sarri

"I know if you see it from outside, I don't know how it went out, it is not the best image," Kepa told Chelsea's official website.

"I have spoken with the boss. I think it was misunderstood.

"I understand that on television, on social media, they're talking about this but I am here to explain it, to say that it wasn't my intention to go against the manager.

"We have spoken now, and I was only trying to say I'm fine. He thought I wasn't fine. It was in tense moments, with a lot happening."

Sarri played down the incident after the match, describing it as a "misunderstanding", and Kepa agrees with the Italian.

"In no moment was it my intention to disobey, or anything like that with the boss," Kepa added.

"Just that it was misunderstood, because I had been attended to by the medics twice, and he thought that I wasn't in condition to continue.

"It was two or three minutes of confusion until the medics got to the bench, and they explained everything well.

"This was nothing to do with the problems I had this week, with [hamstring] it wasn't that. And, well, it was misunderstood.

"Because he thought I couldn't continue, and - fundamentally - I was trying to say that physically I was fine."

7 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Playing it down really makes Sarri look even weaker. He at least should make it look like Kepa apologized and have him out of the squad for spurs. Really no man-management skill that dude.

Unless it was a genuine mistake. If it wasn't then am all for bringing back public hanging for kepa.. but if it was a mistake then fair enough that's the end 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Playing devil's advocate here - What if Sarri did want to make the keeper sub because of Caballero's penalty save record but Kepa at that point of time thought it was because his cramp, hence the misunderstanding? 

no matter the reason Sarri is going ballistic and he isnt coming off. It looks really bad, and Sarri looks worse playing it down.

He's a pushover. If he thinks he can survive here being a pushover or somebody the guys like instead of respect than he need only look at Robbie.

The club should take matters into its  own hands and punish the little rebel.It doesn’t matter how much money we’ve spent on him,it’s about setting a precedent and clearing the image of our club.Don’t sell him but show the world that  player power is not gonna be tolerated.

Right now everyone  is making fun of us and we totally deserve it.We are a joke and that situation was the “icing on the cake”.

No where does Kepa apologies for the incident ... He just keeps saying it's a misunderstanding ... Even if there was one (which is now the apt political correct statement) Kepa disobeyed a direct order from his manager ... imagine in Military he would have got court martial, in government he would be suspended & transferred, in any organization he would have fired, hell even at United you would have got a boot to your face ... but at Chelsea it's just a misunderstanding and we will get a new manager for u ... 

Nothing else other than his own ego mattered in that moment. 

Shows that he is a selfish little shit.

He owes Sarri an apology for humiliating him in a Cup Final.

He then owes his team mates an apology for causing disruption to the game and casting a shadow over their fantastic peformances. 

He lastly owes us an apology for putting us through a public slaughtering. God knows how long this will last.