Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

To play devils advocate, 24 year old playing his first major final, adrenaline pumping.

I don't condone it but I'm more interested in his reaction to this, if he accepts he did wrong then clean slate, if he maintains he did the right thing then we have problems.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

To play devils advocate, 24 year old playing his first major final, adrenaline pumping.

I don't condone it but I'm more interested in his reaction to this, if he accepts he did wrong then clean slate, if he maintains he did the right thing then we have problems.

I don't think both parties handled the situation well TBH. On one hand, Kepa was playing in his first final and had the chance to be the hero in the shootout. If he was okay to carry on, why couldn't Sarri just let him carry on as per normal? Why did he have to throw a tantrum? If Sarri had planned the Caballero sub pre-match for the shootout situation, then shouldn't that have been communicated earlier (unless of course Kepa decided to say fuck it at the last minute)? On the other hand though, Kepa should gone off or at the very least, went and talked with Sarri on the sub instead of letting it play out as it did. The lack of order in the final minutes there sums up this club at the moment! :doh: 

Being 23 y/o myself, I can understand his frustration at being taken off after playing for 120 mins - but still not the right choice. I think he should have walked over to the line and spoke with Sarri to tell him he was feeling fine, and then go from there. 

Agree that he should admit his mistake.

2 minutes ago, DANILA said:

Being 23 y/o myself, I can understand his frustration at being taken off after playing for 120 mins - but still not the right choice. I think he should have walked over to the line and spoke with Sarri to tell him he was feeling fine, and then go from there. 

Agree that he should admit his mistake.

It was a tactical sub what do you guys don't understand.