Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

On 29/10/2018 at 6:50 PM, Vybzkartel said:

Tibo did that because he was taller. Watch yesterday, the couple of times he tried claiming the ball at set pieces he ran into traffic and looked a bit shaky because he doesnt tower over everyone like Tibo who was 6ft5 I believe. 

Big Nose was 1.99m. 6 feet 6 and a third inches. Same same as my shortest brother.

• 3 weeks later...

Had already accepted we overpaid for him... panic buy. Already accepted that being shorter than courtois, he will not be as dominant in the air or high shorts (sturridge goal).

but this performance against Tottenham got me scared... the first reminded me of sturridge, the second was as big as mistake as a gk can make in my book. Way too far and not even into the corner. Should have been a comfortable save.

just hope he improves.

1 minute ago, Robguima said:

Had already accepted we overpaid for him... panic buy. Already accepted that being shorter than courtois, he will not be as dominant in the air or high shorts (sturridge goal).

but this performance against Tottenham got me scared... the first reminded me of sturridge, the second was as big as mistake as a gk can make in my book. Way too far and not even into the corner. Should have been a comfortable save.

just hope he improves.

Kepa was definitely at fault for the first goal. The second maybe you could excuse him given he was left un-sighted by Luiz? Even Luiz didn't really help the cause by turning away!

But on the flip side and rather than just focusing on the negatives, he also made some really good saves. Certainly prevented Spurs from scoring more than 3!

Just now, Jason said:

Kepa was definitely at fault for the first goal. The second maybe you could excuse him given he was left un-sighted by Luiz? Even Luiz didn't really help the cause by turning away!

But on the flip side and rather than just focusing on the negatives, he also made some really good saves. Certainly prevented Spurs from scoring more than 3!

Nope sorry that’s an excuse... second goal was terrible esp without any reaction.

not really sure it matters that much after the ga e had been lost due to his two blunders. His teammates might have an argument that the game was lost very quickly which might have deflated them and put Tottenham in a very comfortable position with the big lead.

4 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Nope sorry that’s an excuse... second goal was terrible esp without any reaction.

not really sure it matters that much after the ga e had been lost due to his two blunders. His teammates might have an argument that the game was lost very quickly which might have deflated them and put Tottenham in a very comfortable position with the big lead.

The first goal was not a blunder, other than shit man marking, and the second goal was all on Luiz for not blocking it.

Kepa was our best player today. By a lot.

Absolute no criticism of him at all Saturday. Was exposed because of how shit how defenders are, and had it not been for him this would of been more embarrassing than it was.

He's at the bottom of the pecking order when it comes to slating people right now, there are players in this team right now performing like League One level, he isn't one of them.

12 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Absolute no criticism of him at all Saturday. Was exposed because of how shit how defenders are, and had it not been for him this would of been more embarrassing than it was.

He's at the bottom of the pecking order when it comes to slating people right now, there are players in this team right now performing like League One level, he isn't one of them.

Yep, only players playing up to level we have are literally Hazard, Kepa, Rudiger, Ampadu (but injuries and fucking Luiz force-in have fucked him) and up till recently, Jorginho.

Kovacic and Barkley have had great games, but overall inconsistent.

All the rest (yes Kante included, due to failure to adapt) have been not nearly good enough to even woeful (Luiz; Morata,Willian)

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

Yep, only players playing up to level we have are literally Hazard, Kepa, Rudiger, Ampadu (but injuries and fucking Luiz force-in have fucked him) and up till recently, Jorginho.

Kovacic and Barkley have had great games, but overall inconsistent.

All the rest (yes Kante included, due to failure to adapt) have been not nearly good enough to even woeful (Luiz; Morata,Willian)

Alonso...woeful

Well folks i need you to remember that its never Kepa's fault. Reading some previous comments i could find inspiration to blame the defense, midfielders, full backs,  the position of the near stars and the weather. Also maybe the fans should be more honest and ask themselves: "what did i do wrong in that goal".

We can't put the responsibility in the keeper for his faults.

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11593601/chelsea-goalkeeper-kepa-arrizabalaga-not-focused-on-world-record-transfer-fee

"Obviously the price was very high - £71m is a lot of money," he told Sky Sports News.

"I'm aware of this but given the transfer market situation and how things are going, it is normal so I don't need to focus on the value of the transfer.

"I do need to focus on playing my football and what's happening on the pitch rather than off it... I want to be myself and not think about it.

"I'm here now playing for Chelsea. I chose to leave my home at Athletic Bilbao and it was an important step in my career.

"I wouldn't call it pressure [replacing Courtois], I would just say it is how the transfer market goes. He went and I came in and I'm not one to focus on the comings and going.

"I'm focused on myself and there is a great opportunity for me to come here. I wanted to take advantage of this and enjoy my football and look forward and not back.

"I'm happy here both on a personal and a team level and I'm happy here in London. Looking towards the future excites me with the possibilities we have to improve and I'm excited about what the future might bring."