Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

28 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

They obviously think it's worth it -seeing managers as ''just another employee'', and maybe in terms of revenue returned and silverware they have a point. I remember being gutted when Ranieri, Mourinho, Ancelotti etc were binned, but now I am just wondering who's next after Sarri :cig:

yeah we live in fantasyfootball land barring ffp which is now abit of a joke also , more a business than a football club and managers,players, are just employees , 1billion for a new stadium etc etc etc 

Surprised not to see any gifs or whatever of his save from a header in the last minutes of the game against Cardiff. The on where Luiz is supposed to have "fouled" inside the box.

Its good for him to gel in while we have 70+ of the ball all game since he doesn't have to do that much. Hopefully that helps getting the "new team nerves" out.

Guys, Kepa is a good keeper no doubt, only time will prove exactly how good.

But 70+ mil pounds? That is simply insane. That's the price you would pay for a proven star, not for a mere prospect. Again, that price paid for someone like Kepa was utterly preposterous. 

Just my two cents on the matter.

6 hours ago, Mana said:

You're not the only one who thought about this, trust me.

But Courtois screwed us, forcing his leave in the last minute. The board had little time to find a replacement and Athletic Bilbao knew how desperate we are. That's why every Chelsea fan should hate Courtois for what he had done. On the other hand, you can also say it's slightly the board's fault too, for not picking Courtois' s***ty behaviour earlier and get rid ASAP.

To be fair to Courtois, it was obvious he wanted to leave months ago. It is not as if it looked like he was going to sign a contract then decided against it. His contract ran out no year and it was clear he wanted to go back to Madrid to be closer to his family. Courtois even said that he already decided in March he wanted to leave. We just wanted a certain offer from Madrid and was not willing to let him go until a replacement was signed.

Hilarious to me how under the microscope he is with some on here. Let him keep. He is doing more than a reasonable job. 

Can't blame him outright for a single goal. That is the job of a keeper. To be at a consistent level, and occasionally win you games. We haven't even been close to being in that tight a situation. The main thing is, he isn't losing us games. 

On 9/20/2018 at 5:05 AM, Thor said:

Hilarious to me how under the microscope he is with some on here. Let him keep. He is doing more than a reasonable job. 

Can't blame him outright for a single goal. That is the job of a keeper. To be at a consistent level, and occasionally win you games. We haven't even been close to being in that tight a situation. The main thing is, he isn't losing us games. 

its the price tag - in our 15/16 season Tibo had a wobble year as well at the same age Kepa is - only difference is he played behind more solid back lines.. When our defensive synergy gets there he will shine as well he is only 23.. I have faith in him

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Kepa is going to be a monster someday soon. Top 3 to 5 for sure as several above him will slow down whilst he will be just entering his peak years when that occurs.

I'm with you mate. I have no qualms whatsoever in paying out for Harry. Hes going to be with us for a very long time and be great.

40 minutes ago, Vesper said:

For all those who wanted Pickford (hopefully not a lot)

one stat for you

last 6 games v Goonas, he has let in 21 goals, (and counting)

That says more about his team than him unless majority of them were his bloopers.

Of the top ten keepers in the world, only Courtois and Ederson are left footed,  and Ederson is actually ambipedal.

Pickford is so nowhere near top ten. There are at least 25 I would take over him in a flash. He is so overrated because he is English.