Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Came on this forum to read people's feedbacks and it didn't even cross my mind that here would be criticism of Kepa. That shot was pretty much unsaveable. barring a freak save that you don't expect. Had he saved it, it would have been absolutely world class and would make Buffon's top 10 list. The defending before the goal was bad though... Luiz :carlo:

It's TalkChelsea. You should know better. :P 

2 hours ago, Thor said:

It happens. 

This forum will continue to over analyse for the sake of it. 

I agree I wish some guys on this forum would take the positive from the game that was three points where we struggle at Newcastle over the years  I blame Luiz for the goal not kepa I think because hes cost £71m people are going to nick pick on the things he can't save 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I don't think it was even about the nerves today. It was a classic case of the team switching off because they thought Giroud was fouled and didn't play to the whistle. It's not something you want to see your team do it but it happens to everyone and it has happened to the best. It wasn't exactly like a glaring error (e.g. letting a shot squirm through him). Other than that, he had a quiet game with barely anything to do. The reaction to him here seems like a classic case of nitpicking because he's still new etc.

exactly.. honestly it was a very tough save to make even had the team not switched off.

• 2 weeks later...

So according to football economic algorithms compiled by The International Centre for Sports Studies (CIES)  an independent study centre, the club paid £40m too much for Kepa, and let Courtois go for £20m too little because the club were stuck between a rock and hard place when Big Nose decided to go AWOL

31 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

So according to football economic algorithms compiled by The International Centre for Sports Studies (CIES)  an independent study centre, the club paid £40m too much for Kepa, and let Courtois go for £20m too little because the club were stuck between a rock and hard place when Big Nose decided to go AWOL

Means F all when the prices were decided by the length of the contracts.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Means F all when the prices were decided by the length of the contracts.

The CIES apparently take that into consideration. More to do with the desperation of the club and transfer window closing.

3 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The CIES apparently take that into consideration. More to do with the desperation of the club and transfer window closing.

Did they take the player on loan into consideration? We may have lost additional 20 million from selling Courtois but given we got 35 million AND Kovacic in return, I would say that was a good transfer deal. As for Kepa, well, if he serves us well for the next 10-15 years, then doubt anyone would really moan about the fee come that time. Besides, we practically only paid 35 million for him and the alternatives were much worse. 

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

Did they take the player on loan into consideration? We may have lost additional 20 million from selling Courtois but given we got 35 million AND Kovacic in return, I would say that was a good transfer deal. As for Kepa, well, if he serves us well for the next 10-15 years, then doubt anyone would really moan about the fee come that time. Besides, we practically only paid 35 million for him and the alternatives were much worse. 

Kovacic seems like a shrewd deal on top, jury still out on Kepa but appears half decent so far, and the gap between his legs isn't as big as Courtois'

Quite funny how RM had Big nose on the bench the other day...

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Besides, we practically only paid 35 million for him and the alternatives were much worse. 

I am over the moon that we got Kepa, the only reason he was not the number one (after Oblak said NO to us) legit option the whole time is that for months, the Spanish press had erroneously reported his release clause in his contract at 150m euro,AND he told Real Madrid no. I went into the reason for that (Basque issues v Madrid) extensively elsewhere. Real wanted him more than De Gea or Courtois, that must tell you something.

That said, there were other great alternatives out there (long run ones, not some dodgy inside deal that went down on the Rui Patrício to Wolves free transfer after the Sporting nightmare implosion)

I only list ones we had a shot at (and either bollocksed up (Meret, Donnarumma, etc, where we waited too long) or didn't even make offers ie.Strakosha, etc

Thomas Strakosha   23yo   Lazio (was my number one choice all along (again becuase I was working off wrong figure for Kepa) ZERO clue why we made no approach, I think he is superb (and young, 5 months younger than Kepa even) Top 10 in world keeper atm (So is Kepa, I will not back down on either)

Alex Meret  21yo (Napoli stole him for only £19.8m, I think he is equal to or better , potentially, than Donnarumma, only 21, already a great keeper)

Gianluigi Donnarumma  19yo  He wanted out, said he would come here (we were one of 5 places he listed, RM, Juve, Chelsea, PSG, Bayern, if they said he would be starter) but we waited, waited, then the yank hedge fund took control of AC Milan and he decided to stay, as they gave assurances of backing the club with massive cash

Alban Lafont  19yo, but now a 4 year starter in top flight football, great upside, all the tools, tall as well, Fiorentina STOLE him for only £7.65m from FC Toulouse

Alphonse Areola   25yo, PSG, 1.95cm, lots of yapping about him via our GK coach the last few days, really solid player, I rate him the new French starter very soon

Mattia Perin 25 yo, Juve bought him after Donnarumma said he was staying, had a bad injury, but now fully fit again, I think will perhaps become Juve starter

Also decent but not quite at the above level Sergio Rico, Gerónimo Rulli, André Onana (22yo from Ajax, great athlete, but a bit of a bad egg in dressing room and public, as he RIPPED into club and coach, otherwise he would be in top 6,7) Jasper Cillessen (only reason he isn't in the top 6 is he is 30yo in the spring) and Anthony Lopes

On 27/08/2018 at 4:12 AM, kiwi1691 said:

Last week I saw a stat that De Gea conceded 10 of the last 14 shots. 

LOLOL at the pro De Gea faction in here. He has been in a 4 to 6 month slump, and he is a fucking loyal Manc cunt. Fuck him.

If they want to rage on something, this is the PERFECT angle to showfucking Luiz lazziness and ball watching shite.

8 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

COSTLY CULLS 

Chelsea sack Antonio Conte… taking the total they’ve paid to axed bosses in the Roman Abramovich era to a whopping £90million...

Puts things in perspective a wee bit or maybe not , fantasy football lived out 

6 minutes ago, mccg said:

COSTLY CULLS 

Chelsea sack Antonio Conte… taking the total they’ve paid to axed bosses in the Roman Abramovich era to a whopping £90million...

Puts things in perspective a wee bit or maybe not , fantasy football lived out 

They obviously think it's worth it -seeing managers as ''just another employee'', and maybe in terms of revenue returned and silverware they have a point. I remember being gutted when Ranieri, Mourinho, Ancelotti etc were binned, but now I am just wondering who's next after Sarri :cig: