Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

He is the  basically same height as Oblak, De Gea, ter Stegen, Ederson Perin, Alex Meret, and Lloris. They are all within a cm or 2 of each other in height or the same.

He is 2 cms shorter than Alisson. Taller than Cillesson or Pickford.

I often included him on my lists, but always said we had no chance as I had the wrong figure for his release clause (when he turned down Real Madrid and signed a 7 year contract). The articles all said it was €150m. Now I see it was corrected.

Oh, btw, Wikipedia has fake height for him. He is 1.89m. Courtois is 1.99m, Donnarumma 1.96m, they are the really good ones over 1.95m.

De-Gea-Kepa.jpg

Is kepa Arrizabalaga standing on yellow pages in that picture 😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Would like to think the club and Sarri had their homework before buying Kepa because the news that we were after him came almost immediately after Courtois went AWOL, IIRC. Kepa also mentioned the club had made contact 2 weeks ago and Sarri said he watched him last year while at Napoli. His fee may have been half covered by the sale of Courtois but we still had to pay 30+ million to sign him. The more panic buy - this is where the club could have taken the easy way out - would be signing Butland, who would have likely cost the same amount as the money we got from selling Courtois.

They were in negotiations for weeks, it was no panic buy. He is the real deal, world class. I am over the moon we got him. Read all the Spanish fans sites for the national team, over half wanted him to start over De Gea.

Athletic Bilbao is a wonderful club to learn football at. We are set for years at GK. De Gea btw, has not looked the same since spring, making really stupid errors. No clue what's up with him.

Just now, the wes said:

I don't know why some lads are worried about kepa height the thing I'm worried about is Luiz and Alonso keep getting on the starting line up 

Chill out. We are not criticizing him for his height. It's just a random, minor discussion. <_<

Lol at all the freaking out over Kepa's height.  He is around 1.89m.

For comparison...... ffs

Iker Casillas  1.85m

Oliver Kahn  1.88m

Gianluigi Buffon  1.91m

Lev Yashin  1.89m

Gordon Banks  1.85m

Neville Southall  1.85m

Dino Zoff    1.82m

Peter Shilton   1.83m

Sepp Maier  1.85m

RELAX!!!!!!!

54 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

1 inch is 2.54 cm. 

188,01 cm is 6.1683 feet

189 cm is 6.2008 feet

Do not forget that 6.2 feet is NOT the same as 6 feet 2 inches, lolol 189 is around 6 feet 2 and a half inches

so many make that mistake (NOT saying you are)

its why metric is best!! (divisible by 10 so only decimal point moves needed)

I am 183cm, so a cunt hair (not mine, I wax!!) over 6 feet

My older sister (I am baby of a TALL family by 20 years and byfar the shortets, thank dog, when you see their heights) is closest to me. She is 190cm and seems to tower over me (in my mind at least) as does all my nuclear family does.  My mum is 192cm, My father is 199cm, and both my brother were around 2 metres tall  (the passed on one :(was 1.99, same as Courtois and my dad) the yonger (but still 22 tears older than me, lol) is 200.5cm (and CLAIMS that extra 0.5 likes its a full 5 extra!!!!!, lolol)

I live in stilettos (thus am boosted up to around 6 3  ie 190, 191cm easy), so I can tell you (if you are not close to 187 to 190ish in real life) that even without them, and especially when I am out of Sweden (as we are tall anyway, like the Dutch, and Dinaric Alps/Adriatic area people) I tend to also tower over people, especially other girls /women.

Bottom line, 189cm or so is totally fine for a keeper,  look at all the best in history, the VAST majority were 182cm to  189cm (Buffon is 191cm so very close), with only moderate level of exception. exceptions

Kepa has really good vertical leap and has super quick reflexes. I repeat, if I had known I had the wrong release clause for him, I would have been banging the bell to grab him, once Oblak (the best in world IMHO) and Alisson (who Kepa should eventually be better than anyway) were no longer available.

I was so pushing Alex Meret (190cm), but that cunt De Laurentiis got him for

Nnapoli,and for only £19m!!) and then, of course, Thomas Strakosha (193cm).

BUT I would take Kepa over BOTH, in a flash, by far. we got a really WORLD CLASS GK!! (AND only 23!!!!)

We also got the 2nd best (after Busquets, who is 30 now and only has 2 or 3 years or so at the top left) Defensive combo deep playing MFs in the world, in Jorginho,  TRULY superb players. And I REALLY rate Mateo Kovacic, he is going to be a BEAST. He is the poor mans version of SMS, and I think is better than Piotr Zielinski for napoli. 

To see how I rated him (and this is when I thought Real would never give him up, exact same mistake I made with Athletic Bilbao and Kepa) see here (one of my better posts, btw)

4 hours ago, El P. said:

Ok, so he is 189, judging by that picture with De Gea. :)

Not only Courtois, ČECH is giant too. From 2004 we are having 195+ cms tall GK, no wonder that this one looks short to us.

That is a perfectly fair point, but I am not going to worry about it. Real Madrid wanted (still deep down does) Kepa over ALL others, even De Gea. Courtois (rightly so as he is a fucking beast, just a cunt of a person) is the ONLY other GK's they have gobbed on about for last 3,4,5 years. Kepa TURNED THEM DOWN. It was partially a political thing. The Basque region HATES HATES (even more than Barca and Catalonia do) Madrid and the central government.

ETA, you have heard of them? Like IRA of northern Spain. Euskadi Ta Askatasuna.

eta_1800346c.jpg

Real Madrid was THE team of the reactionary dictatorship under Franco, for decades. The rest of Spain HATES them, partially for this. It would be like a Yorkist King having an official footie clubs during the War of the Roses. The Lancastrians would HATE THEM.

Why do you think Bilbao is called ATHLETIC Bilbao? NOT Atletico? Because they do not want to use use Castilian Spanish in their name. Franco banned all the other regional languages. Basque and Catalan especially. It is why Barca's Nou Camp is so so so big (besides football passion). It were they could all gather and speak Catalan. The same for Athletic and also (but to lesser extent) Real Sociedad, SD Eibar, Deportivo Alavés, and then in Catalonia, Barca, RCD Espanyol, Gimnàstic de Tarragona, UE Lleida, Girona FC

Més que un club  <<< Barca motto 

220px-2014._M%C3%A9s_que_un_club._Camp_N

Bilbao ONLY takes in Basque players (Basques are also in Southwest France (like Aymeric Laporte, now on Manchester Shitty) Many (there are exceptions ) refuse to ever play for Real Madrid 

Con cantera y afición, no hace falta importación"  <<< with talent and support from the home, you do not need imports (cantera means quarry, like a rock quarry, but in Basque it also means youth academy)

Also they will sign Basque-born and raised players of another ethnicity (best example now is Iñaki Williams, who is half Ghanaian, half Liberian, but born and raised in Blibao.)

Kepa is one of the Basques who refuses to go to the Capital clubs.

Basque Flag

220px-Flag_of_the_Basque_Country.svg.png

Here is a Basque comedy show called Vaya Semanita where an Athletic Bilbao fan goes to Madrid and finds some neo-Nazis who are going to beat him for supporting a Basque team, but later slips out of the issue by saying that the Athletic, by only signing in Basque players, they are the only team made up entirely by Spaniards.:D

I am 187 and he definitely looks a hair shorter, so 186 sounds accurate.

I like his demeanor and minimal expression, plus his strong legs. Despite the height difference, I would tend to choose a player like Kepa over Thibault if I were choosing only based upon appearance, demeanor, body morphology, gait and overall movement. Looking them over briefly, I think Kepa looks physically stronger than both Lloris and DeGea.

Kepa is one cool cat with skills and a good build too. That's my first impression. Positive.  Good luck to him and our side this season!