Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

19 minutes ago, Robguima said:

he does look on the short side for goalkeepers. My personal preference is for taller GKs... no, it doesn't have to be courtois tall, but tall enough to dominate crosses and to reach those upper-top shots.

Just hope the club fully evaluated him and this is not what it looked like: a panic buy. 

Kepa is 189, which isn't much of a difference to the top 6 sides' keeper.

Lloris - 188

Leno - 190

De Gea - 190

Ederson - 188

Alisson - 193

For some reason, Kepa does look tiny. Maybe it's because we've gotten used to seeing Courtois in goal for the last few years.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, it's really weird seeing a smaller keeper in our net after watching Courtois for so long. I take comfort in the fact that DDG and Lloris have become world class in the PL despite being very slight. Kepa looks much more muscular than either of those two so I think he'll be fine.

Might run into trouble against a side like United who have lots of giants. Can definitely see Mourinho starting Fellaini against us to stand right next to Kepa on every set piece.

Funny thing is, Caballero is actually shorter than Kepa. But he doesn't look small. :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I feel more nervous at corners and set pieces with Kepa compared to Tibo, this is more a compliment to how good Courtois is on set plays than any slight on Kepa but the corner that hit the post wouldn't have happened on the Belgiums watch. However distribution was another matter, we could pass the ball back to Kepa even under pressure and play kept on ticking over, Courtois would have panicked in half the situations Kepa was in today.

the setpiece and corners defence is definitely something to work on for Kepa, he did fine for his 1st game, looked solid when called upon, specially with the ball at his feet, there is still a lot of room for improvement for sure

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Kepa is 189, which isn't much of a difference to the top 6 sides' keeper.

I'm not so sure anymore that he is 189. On our official web it says 186 and to be frank, he looks 186 at the goal. You know how we will finally know? Let him stand next to Luiz, at least we know how tall he is...

EDIT: NO LUIZ, his hair will ruin everything! Rudiger maybe, or Alonso.

Just now, El P. said:

I'm not so sure anymore that he is 189. On our official web it says 186 and to be frank, he looks 186 at the goal. You know how we will finally know? Let him stand next to Luiz, at least we know how tall he is...

OH LORD, STOP MISDIRECTING ME!!! :rant::rant::rant:

Just now, Johnnyeye said:

the setpiece and corners defence is definitely something to work on for Kep, he did fine for his 1st game, looked solud when called upon, specially with the ball at his feet, there is still a lot of room for improvement for sure

It's not just Kepa though, even our defence look shaky when high balls are being put into the box. Were lucky Huddersfield did not have anyone to exploit the uncertainties today.

Just now, El P. said:

It's an enigma bro, not our fault. :D But those 3 cms means a lot in my book...

If he's really 186, that means the Wiki result I saw on Google the other day was right then. DAMN YOU EVEN MORE! :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

19 minutes ago, Robguima said:

he does look on the short side for goalkeepers. My personal preference is for taller GKs... no, it doesn't have to be courtois tall, but tall enough to dominate crosses and to reach those upper-top shots.

Just hope the club fully evaluated him and this is not what it looked like: a panic buy. 

Llors is the same height as kepa Arrizabalaga and Llors is a top keeper real madrid must think kepa a good keeper if   real got kepa Arrizabalaga back in January the snake courtios would still be at Chelsea 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

If he's really 186, that means the Wiki result I saw on Google the other day was right then. DAMN YOU EVEN MORE! :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Hahahah, CALM DOWN BRUH! In that time you had one source saying 186, I had 3-4 sources with 189. Not my fault. Now the things had changed. :D

42 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Would like to think the club and Sarri had their homework before buying Kepa because the news that we were after him came almost immediately after Courtois went AWOL, IIRC. Kepa also mentioned the club had made contact 2 weeks ago and Sarri said he watch him last year while at Napoli. His fee may have been half covered by the sale of Courtois but we still had to pay 30+ million to sign him. The more panic buy - this is where the club could have taken the easy way out - would be signing Butland, who would have likely cost the same amount as the money we got from selling Courtois.

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, it's really weird seeing a smaller keeper in our net after watching Courtois for so long. I take comfort in the fact that DDG and Lloris have become world class in the PL despite being very slight. Kepa looks much more muscular than either of those two so I think he'll be fine.

Might run into trouble against a side like United who have lots of giants. Can definitely see Mourinho starting Fellaini against us to stand right next to Kepa on every set piece.

Tbh i don't think he's going to be so vulnerable to the point Jose would consider him a weak link, but he certainly won't be running his own air traffic control system like Courtois does.

41 minutes ago, Robguima said:

He is the  basically same height as Oblak, De Gea, ter Stegen, Ederson, Perin, Alex Meret, and Lloris. They are all within a cm or 2 of each other in height or the same.

He is 2 cms shorter than Alisson. Taller than Cillesson or Pickford.

I often included him on my lists, but always said we had no chance as I had the wrong figure for his release clause (when he turned down Real Madrid and signed a 7 year contract). The articles all said it was €150m. Now I see it was corrected.

Oh, btw, Wikipedia has fake height for him. He is 1.89m. Courtois is 1.99m, Donnarumma 1.96m, they are the only really good ones over 1.95m atm.

De-Gea-Kepa.jpg