Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

2 minutes ago, AndersonBLUE said:

Interesting move that’s for sure. If true, these last couple days could really be great transfer wise for us. 

Im still worried how behind we are with Sarri tactics though. 

Dont b to worried look when conte took over we was all over the place for a few games then won the league.

If this comes off it is a fantastic move for the club. First off, it is clear we have gaps in the midfield that need filling in order to fully adapt to Sarri's way of playing. Passing and ball retention are paramount, with Jorginho we have an ace, with Kante we have a worker ( not sure if he is the ideal fit ), but after them there is a hole. Kovacic on loan gives this board a glimpse of what can be done with a high functioning midfield this year. And if this move allows us to address other needs like goalkeeper and scoring than we are laughing.

On the other hand this pretty much seals the fate of Bakayoko and RLC. I can't see the club carrying Jorginho, Barkley, Kante, RLC, H2O, Kovacic, Bakayoko. 7 for 3 spots is a lot but we also need homegrown players. For this reason I keep Danny, who is utterly useless but too expensive to loan.

Would love to see Oblak or Kepa along with one of Fekir, Zaha or Martial now.

1 minute ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

If this comes off it is a fantastic move for the club. First off, it is clear we have gaps in the midfield that need filling in order to fully adapt to Sarri's way of playing. Passing and ball retention are paramount, with Jorginho we have an ace, with Kante we have a worker ( not sure if he is the ideal fit ), but after them there is a hole. Kovacic on loan gives this board a glimpse of what can be done with a high functioning midfield this year. And if this move allows us to address other needs like goalkeeper and scoring than we are laughing.

On the other hand this pretty much seals the fate of Bakayoko and RLC. I can't see the club carrying Jorginho, Barkley, Kante, RLC, H2O, Kovacic, Bakayoko. 7 for 3 spots is a lot but we also need homegrown players. For this reason I keep Danny, who is utterly useless but too expensive to loan.

:beer:

After the club informed the player of current events, Kovacic returned to training this morning but was kept away from the majority of the first team squad. It appears his next destination will be revealed later today, with Chelsea heavily linked. #CFC #RMCF (Diario SPORT)

2 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I think you're absolutely right about Bakayoko, if Kovacic comes id expect to see Baka leave on loan or a permanent deal this summer before other leagues windows have closed. I think RLC will stay until at least january then leave on loan if he isnt happy or getting the game time. 

37 minutes ago, AndersonBLUE said:

Interesting move that’s for sure. If true, these last couple days could really be great transfer wise for us. 

Im still worried how behind we are with Sarri tactics though. 

Dont worry. Contes tactics are easy to learn but easy for opposition to figure out. Sarri's tactics are harder to learn but when it comes off finally, it will be a thing of beauty. 

21 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

I think you're absolutely right about Bakayoko, if Kovacic comes id expect to see Baka leave on loan or a permanent deal this summer before other leagues windows have closed. I think RLC will stay until at least january then leave on loan if he isnt happy or getting the game time. 

My worry is he's clearly stated he wants to play regularly and he will have that opportunity at Palace. Nobody is going to touch Drinkwater's wages.

3 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Not sure where the goals will come from with a midfield of Kante/Kova/Jorginho though. Barkley suits the no.8 role much more. Also, it would mean again Loftus-Cheek is left in the dark for a loan player from Madrid lol. 

It's not their fault that we have Willian and Morata upfront. Goals should come from attackers.

2 minutes ago, El P. said:

It's not their fault that we have Willian and Morata upfront. Goals should come from attackers.

Am hoping hazard really adapts to this attacking style of play and gets bags of goals because what I seen of morata so far he couldn't score in 90 mins with an open net.

1 minute ago, It's too big said:

Not sure where the goals will come from with a midfield of Kante/Kova/Jorginho though. Barkley suits the no.8 role much more. Also, it would mean again Loftus-Cheek is left in the dark for a loan player from Madrid lol. 

Not a chance that Barkley suits the 8 role more than Kovacic. Kova is the better dribbler (Highest dribble % completed in laliga last season), better passer, better in one touch football (pass and move), better first touch and is not injury prone. Barkley is probably a better long range shooter but thats about it. Kovacic progress has been slowed at madrid, if he gets significant game time, he's on the same level as prime Rakitic.

Very talented footballer but unproven at the highest level. Will be interesting to see how he adapts because expectations will be high.

I guess a loan deal is the best the club could manage. But I'd rather get a player like Kovacic for a year than actually sign some decent midfielder. If he leaves next summer, Chels will simply have to look for someone else.

5 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

If there's no option to buy, we should just have him knock up some girl.  Then he can go back to Madrid and keep talking to the Croatian press about how much he wants to move to London.

He is happily married and settled unfortunately, damn it!

Mateo-Kovacic-Izabel-Andrijanic-987362.j