Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

8. Mateo Kovacic

Jase
Followers 6

Yeah looked like LCM. He needs to start playing there because that should be his long term position.
Against Brighton, Mount played as a no. 6 alongside Kante and Lamptey destroyed Alonso and Mount all the time.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The trio is getting ready!

Wrong.  Typical knee jerk reaction of judging after one game.   

That's not like a 1 season loan player speaks.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Against Brighton, Mount played as a no. 6 alongside Kante and Lamptey destroyed Alonso and Mount all the time.

Did he?

Looked like Mount was playing LW against Brighton from what I remember.

By the way, we've won 6-1 in the minutes played without Kovacic this season in the league and have lost 5-0 in the minutes he has.

Just now, SUNZ said:

Did he?

Looked like Mount was playing LW against Brighton from what I remember.

By the way, we've won 6-1 in the minutes played without Kovacic this season in the league and have lost 5-0 in the minutes he has.

Yeah and we lost just one out of 9 league games without Kanté last season. The season before we went on a run of losing one in 13 with Alonso and 6 our of 9 without him. Small samples make stupid opinions

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Mount played alongside Kante at Brighton???

Ei6jT9yUwAIu4Ez?format=png&name=900x900

Mount played alongside Kante at Brighton???
Ei6jT9yUwAIu4Ez?format=png&name=900x900
All I remember was that Alonso and Mount there trying to defend Lamptey, but they looked clueless. If he can't defend as a left winger, why should it chance as a no. 6?

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

All I remember was that Alonso and Mount there trying to defend Lamptey, but they looked clueless. If he can't defend as a left winger, why should it chance as a no. 6?

But Mount is no winger, is he? At least he would feel more comfortable playing in midfield. 

But Mount is no winger, is he? At least he would feel more comfortable playing in midfield. 
Does not matter. If he wants to play alongside Kante, he will have to defend these situations, in which Lamptey made him look clueless, all the time. I am just talking about his defending skills. Yes, he would play better in the offensive phase if he plays as a midfielder

Defending situations near the box and in the box is something a no. 6 has to do all the time and Mount should improve that. Question is what happens when Rice comes.

• 1 month later...

Am I the only one who gets frustrated when watching Kovacic? Unlike Jorginho, it feels Kovacic can do so much more with his talent and technical ability but he becomes so timid and almost plays within himself when we need someone to be decisive in that midfield. :doh: 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Am I the only one who gets frustrated when watching Kovacic? Unlike Jorginho, it feels Kovacic can do so much more with his talent and technical ability but he becomes so timid and almost plays within himself when we need someone to be decisive in that midfield. :doh: 

He was begging for a pass from Azpi when he was open in the middle right at the edge of box, and Azpi passed it to their keeper per the usual. Probably could have scored from there

Just now, DANILA said:

He was begging for a pass from Azpi when he was open in the middle right at the edge of box, and Azpi passed it to their keeper per the usual. Probably could have scored from there

When was this? I remember there was a situation exactly like how you described it but it's Werner who was at the edge of the box.

Just now, Jason said:

When was this? I remember there was a situation exactly like how you described it but it's Werner who was at the edge of the box.

Unless I'm mistaken I'm pretty sure it was Kova - he also gave a lot of attitude to Azpi for not passing and Werner doesn't do that as he's new... I think it was either near the end of the first half or near the beginning of second.

• Like 1
Just now, DANILA said:

Unless I'm mistaken I'm pretty sure it was Kova - he also gave a lot of attitude to Azpi for not passing and Werner doesn't do that as he's new... I think it was either near the end of the first half or near the beginning of second.

Am pretty sure it was Werner. It's in the first half right?

His progression under Frank has been frustrating at times because there are the sort of games he should be strolling and affecting. Last season he had made big steps but still feel there is more in there and you'd want to see him being decisive against inferior opposition. I don't get why Frank had left him out for a few games either, that is still lost on me.   

As mentioned above, he has got so much more to be more decisive but he isn't always. He is still a very good player but you'd like to see him score/create more chances which we did last season at times although I do think he should of had a cut back tonight from Dave. He is good at driving forward with the ball also but there's a tendency, regardless who has played in midfield this year, that we go from side to side and limit risk. Is this coming from the players or the manager or a mix of both because its not just been a Kovacic problem, its been a Jorginho problem, its been a Kante problem, its been a Mount problem. I get limiting risks in central areas as losing the ball there is huge but they also have to be a bit more brave and realize that they are good players who can play forward at times. 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

He is clearly lost in a double pivot. So let us see if he gets better in a 4-3-3

I actually prefer Mount in the 433 over Kovacic. Because occasionally the two central midfielders need to attack and Kovacic is scared of attacking the box, even Kante is better. Mount is much better in his best position than Kova for me.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Jason said:

He spent too much of his development time being bench warmer in RM. 

Does anyone know what happened between him and Lampard? The fact that Jorginho is higher in the pecking order than him is mindboggling tbh. He was our best player last year, but he can't even get minutes when Kai is out.

13 minutes ago, Azul said:

Does anyone know what happened between him and Lampard? The fact that Jorginho is higher in the pecking order than him is mindboggling tbh. He was our best player last year, but he can't even get minutes when Kai is out.

David Luiz, Rüdiger, CHO and now Kovacic.

It's a Lampard thing

• Jase changed the title to 8. Mateo Kovacic