Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

39 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Real bought him for a reason like they bought James for a reason, or we bought Oscar for a reason. 

So let me get this straight, we are blaming kovacic's averageness or RM changing managers and players. By that logic he should be a massive success here because we never change managers and players, right?

I mean I am actually astounded by people who are vouching for him. It's out of this world. The guy has had a pathetic season, shown absolutely NO reason that we should splash a massive amount of cash on him, and yet here we are. 

Also, what style of play are you referring to? The style of play of a manager who might not be at the helm by Christmas next year, or maybe even next season itself according to rumors.

So no thanks, I would take someone who has shown to have a better ceiling in the last 3 years.

Well that is where we differ. He is limited in terms of not scoring goals or being poor in final third but I like his ability on the ball, he can actually dribble with the ball well and is composed under pressure. I think another season, we will see more improvements. No, I mean for a big team we need players who can control a ball and not crumble under pressure. Bakoyoko was like dancing on ice. Looked lost with the ball and the PL looked way too fast for him. I was actually very excited when he came here as I thought due to his size and him being athletic, he would boss it but he was quite poor. Maybe he would do good again, but don't see him being given than opportunity and I would take Kovacic any day over him.

7 hours ago, Stats said:

Well that is where we differ. He is limited in terms of not scoring goals or being poor in final third but I like his ability on the ball, he can actually dribble with the ball well and is composed under pressure. I think another season, we will see more improvements. No, I mean for a big team we need players who can control a ball and not crumble under pressure. Bakoyoko was like dancing on ice. Looked lost with the ball and the PL looked way too fast for him. I was actually very excited when he came here as I thought due to his size and him being athletic, he would boss it but he was quite poor. Maybe he would do good again, but don't see him being given than opportunity and I would take Kovacic any day over him.

If you actually think this, its fine. It's your opinion. For me, dribbling is a useless attribute if there is 0 end product. I don't remember lamps ever dribbling. Or essien. 

I would not buy kovacic if he was given for free. Nothing more than a passenger/baggage. And hope that we stay as far away as possible from such a player

Chelsea ready to pay £32m for the only player they can sign during transfer window ban

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2019/05/chelsea-ready-pay-32m-player-can-sign-transfer-window-ban/

Chelsea are willing to tie up the deal for Mateo Kovacic ahead of this summer’s transfer window with the Metro Sport reporting that the Blues may have to pay £32 million for the Real Madrid midfielder.

Kovacic has spent the entire season on loan at Chelsea, playing a key role for Maurizio Sarri in a three-man midfield that also often had Jorginho and N’Golo Kante playing in it.

Kovacic battled with Ruben Loftus-Cheek for a spot alongside the former two, and with the England international ruled out for almost a year after tearing his Achilles tendon while on a club friendly in the USA, Chelsea now want to sign the Croatia star.

The permanent deal for Kovacic will not be hampered by the FIFA ban that prevents Chelsea from signing players for the next two transfer windows as the report by Telegraph suggests, the Blues can still sign players still on loan at the club.

Kovacic played 32 times in the Premier League for Chelsea in his loan stint in London and hopes to command a regular spot wherever he plays next season.

snip

Despite we wanted to buy him last year for 60m which would turn into another board stupid mistake, we got saved by Real and they only loaned him. Our board was forced to see how average he is without actualy buying him.

And yet they still want to buy him.

This board is fucking pathetic. As long these idiots are in charge, I hope we get slapped with as many bans as possible. Better that way than watch Marina spend shitload on pisspoor players.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised not one person has commented on his thread. He was top quality last night. A huge majority of people were dreading seeing him in the lineup. Wow, he was quality. His dribbling is actually up there with the best in the league. I would say after Hazard and Bernardo Silva, he is arguably the best close ball dribbler in the league. Fantastic!

1 minute ago, Stats said:

Surprised not one person has commented on his thread. He was top quality last night. A huge majority of people were dreading seeing him in the lineup. Wow, he was quality. His dribbling is actually up there with the best in the league. I would say after Hazard and Bernardo Silva, he is arguably the best close ball dribbler in the league. Fantastic!

He was excellent tonight. I've said previously if the ban remains it's a no brainer to buy him for the right price else we're going to be alarmingly stretched in the middle next season.

Our midfield trio dominated Arsenal in the second half tonight.

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

He was excellent tonight. I've said previously if the ban remains it's a no brainer to buy him for the right price else we're going to be alarmingly stretched in the middle next season.

Our midfield trio dominated Arsenal in the second half tonight.

I shat on him at half time and he deserved it. He was ridiculously passive. 

But once we scored 2, he improved alot. Played more relaxed and managed to pull of some quality moves.

If only he played like that on consistent basis, but unfortunely isnt anyhwere near reliable enough. Its 80% chance he will have first half type of game.

But once we scored 2, he improved alot. Played more relaxed and managed to pull of some quality moves.
If only he played like that on consistent basis, but unfortunely isnt anyhwere near reliable enough. Its 80% chance he will have first half type of game.
It's easy to compliment someone once we've won rather than taking everything into account.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

I agree he hasn't pulled up any trees this season. He seemed to play the second half without any shackles on, I'm not sure if that was because the game opened up significantly more. Sarri said at half time he wanted the team to play with more bravery in their play and they certainly showed that. I feel Barkley has been in the same boat this season where both have seemed to play within themselves, seemingly scared to make mistakes. That's why when RLC caught fire it felt like such a breath of fresh air. If Sarri remains, you would hope that he can get these sort of performances (not just Kovacic but the team as a whole) on a regular and more consistent basis.

The problem the club has with the ban next season and RLC out long term is without Kovacic still there we literally have 3 senior midfielders in a 3 man midfield. I want to see more young players blooded and given chances but it would be suicidal from the club to be left so thin in such an important area of the pitch. 

Given our situation, no choice but to retain him for next season. There is no RLC for the first few months.

Hopefully, he will build on a solid if unspectacular campaign. 

Just now, Strike said:

Given our situation, no choice but to retain him for next season. There is no RLC for the first few months.

Hopefully, he will build on a solid if unspectacular campaign. 

Are we even able to buy him?

I always said I would take him for a good price. He would be good depth. 

But we need to do better then him. Again one game does not mean much. 

For depth he is good to have. 

Just now, Fernando said:

Are we even able to buy him?

I always said I would take him for a good price. He would be good depth. 

But we need to do better then him. Again one game does not mean much. 

For depth he is good to have. 

Yes. I believe so since he is already registered at the club. 35m euros is the price I've read in papers. Or 35m off the Hazard deal. Either way....