Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

22 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Are we still on this piece of shit?

Fucking hell, just let him go and give mount a shot.

That's a little too harsh, and also too much.

He is not a goalscoring/assisting midfielder, he never was. I don't even understand why this surprised so many Chelsea fans, we shouldn't expect him. He is not a world class player aswell, but most of the season he did a solid job. I like Mount a lot, his forward passing, shooting and dribbling is good to watch but he has to improve a lot in the midfield.

A few weeks ago RLC said that in the beginning of the season Sarri played him as a winger because his defensive work and positioning was not good enough to play on the midfield. He worked a lot and convinced Sarri, at the end of the season he was the nr1 choice. I don't expect Mount to break into the starting eleven under Sarri in the first months either. Playing in the middle of the midfield is not a piece of cake. There are aspects of the game in which Kovacic tops RLC and Mount.

37 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

That's a little too harsh, and also too much.

He is not a goalscoring/assisting midfielder, he never was. I don't even understand why this surprised so many Chelsea fans, we shouldn't expect him. He is not a world class player aswell, but most of the season he did a solid job. I like Mount a lot, his forward passing, shooting and dribbling is good to watch but he has to improve a lot in the midfield.

A few weeks ago RLC said that in the beginning of the season Sarri played him as a winger because his defensive work and positioning was not good enough to play on the midfield. He worked a lot and convinced Sarri, at the end of the season he was the nr1 choice. I don't expect Mount to break into the starting eleven under Sarri in the first months either. Playing in the middle of the midfield is not a piece of cake. There are aspects of the game in which Kovacic tops RLC and Mount.

Sorry mate, just calling it as I see it.

We lot complain about dead woods like Willian and then want to buy the likes of kovacic who offers absolutely nothing. Sorry, but not having it. 

If he is supposed to be a back up, then we have pasalic and bakayoko. Much better back ups than spending another 25 mil on a bang average player. 

Even if we need to take 5 steps back, we should, rather than buying dead wood.

13 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Sorry mate, just calling it as I see it.

We lot complain about dead woods like Willian and then want to buy the likes of kovacic who offers absolutely nothing. Sorry, but not having it. 

If he is supposed to be a back up, then we have pasalic and bakayoko. Much better back ups than spending another 25 mil on a bang average player. 

Even if we need to take 5 steps back, we should, rather than buying dead wood.

Bakayoko? Don't know about Pasalic, but anybody is better than Baka man :lol: Kovacic any day over him for me.

18 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Mount is not ready yet, if he is promoted with Derby I can guarantee we will loan him for another season to them. He's another season away from even being ready to compete what we need from him.

The problem is if Mount isn't deemed ready and RLC is out long term, can we realistically afford to pass on a deal for Kovacic.

We'll have Jorginho, Kante and Barkley our only fit senior midfield options and playing a midfield 3, we're one injury/suspension away from a problem and two away from a crisis.

Unless we're bringing back someone like Bakayoko or Drinkwater back out from the cold. I would rather Kovacic if a deal can be done on the cheap to be perfectly honest.

3 minutes ago, manpe said:

Bakayoko? Don't know about Pasalic, but anybody is better than Baka man :lol: Kovacic any day over him for me.

Baka of monaco and ac milan has shown himself to be 100 times more worthy than if we cherry pick any of kovacic's performances in the last 3 seasons. 

37 minutes ago, manpe said:

Bakayoko of other teams and leagues, yes. Bakayoko of Chelsea and EPL, no. Sarri wants to play quick one-touch football, his first touches usually bounced 5 metres.

Monaco played some of the best attacking football I have seen, well atleast until ajax blew them out of water.

Yes baka struggled massively, but a lot of players do in their 1st season in PL. 

Moreover, what is kovacic offering us? A better position in PL table? Definitely not. Just another filler player. Don't we have enough of those already? I would rather try and get the best out of what we have than buying players like kova 

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Bakayoko of other teams and leagues, yes. Bakayoko of Chelsea and EPL, no. Sarri wants to play quick one-touch football, his first touches usually bounced 5 metres.

Completely agree but our team is hardly quick one touch football. It has more to do with mental approach, rather the technique itself.

Our most technical player hold on the ball too long

1 hour ago, 1905didierblue said:

Monaco played some of the best attacking football I have seen, well atleast until ajax blew them out of water.

Yes baka struggled massively, but a lot of players do in their 1st season in PL. 

Moreover, what is kovacic offering us? A better position in PL table? Definitely not. Just another filler player. Don't we have enough of those already? I would rather try and get the best out of what we have than buying players like kova 

And you don't give the same reasoning to Kovacic?

Mount is not ready yet, if he is promoted with Derby I can guarantee we will loan him for another season to them. He's another season away from even being ready to compete what we need from him.
Why do you think he is a season away from being ready? I'm not disagreeing, but wondering what your reasoning is.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, Stats said:

And you don't give the same reasoning to Kovacic?

No. Because he was shit in his time at RM too. When was his last decent season? Inter Milan? About 4 years ago? Like I said, you can cherry pick him best performances in the last 4 years and those would still not be good enough.

Similar to James/Oscar, he might have had a lot of potential which was/will never be realised. He is a bang average footballer in every aspect who probably would do well to go to china/Russia

51 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

Why do you think he is a season away from being ready? I'm not disagreeing, but wondering what your reasoning is.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I've watched him live at least 6-7 times this season and his decision making is poor and he just flits in and out of games. His physicality is not strong enough and he's certainly not the player people on here think he is.

52 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

No. Because he was shit in his time at RM too. When was his last decent season? Inter Milan? About 4 years ago? Like I said, you can cherry pick him best performances in the last 4 years and those would still not be good enough.

Similar to James/Oscar, he might have had a lot of potential which was/will never be realised. He is a bang average footballer in every aspect who probably would do well to go to china/Russia

He is much more suited to us than Bakoyoko is. If you actually would rather Bakayoko here than Kovacic then I don't know what to say...

And with Real, let's be honest, how many players struggle at Real. Constantly changing managers and players. Not surprised. Real bought him for a reason either way. 

I hope we take the option up. Especially now with what's happened to RLC.

9 minutes ago, Stats said:

He is much more suited to us than Bakoyoko is. If you actually would rather Bakayoko here than Kovacic then I don't know what to say...

And with Real, let's be honest, how many players struggle at Real. Constantly changing managers and players. Not surprised. Real bought him for a reason either way. 

I hope we take the option up. Especially now with what's happened to RLC.

Real bought him for a reason like they bought James for a reason, or we bought Oscar for a reason. 

So let me get this straight, we are blaming kovacic's averageness or RM changing managers and players. By that logic he should be a massive success here because we never change managers and players, right?

I mean I am actually astounded by people who are vouching for him. It's out of this world. The guy has had a pathetic season, shown absolutely NO reason that we should splash a massive amount of cash on him, and yet here we are. 

Also, what style of play are you referring to? The style of play of a manager who might not be at the helm by Christmas next year, or maybe even next season itself according to rumors.

So no thanks, I would take someone who has shown to have a better ceiling in the last 3 years.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

I've watched him live at least 6-7 times this season and his decision making is poor and he just flits in and out of games. His physicality is not strong enough and he's certainly not the player people on here think he is.

Sarri loves him, so I fully expect, if we can (I see that now we supposedly can buy him perm, despite the bans) we are going to buy him outright (maybe we will take £65, £70m plus Kovacic for Eden.