Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Paredes has barely played. Based on YouTube videos I will admit, he looked decent technically but again thats always the risk with judging players soley on youtube, he obviously isnt half the player many believed. I mean PSG wanted a 6 in the summer, didnt get one meaning they played a CB there for a while, Paredes has rarely gotten a game and considering PSG have effectively frozen out Adrien Rabiot ages ago after crying out for MF reinforcements in the summer.. says a lot regarding the fact hes barely started any games for them.

not true, after he was there for 2 weeks (they eased him in the first two league games) he has started every league game except two where he was carrying minor knocks

79389040e902dad8509f2ddf9739a662.png

he has also played (started 2) in all 3 Coupe de France games since he came

7f8f53bb5011ec1dfaa8d5cadd39ffcc.png

no clue where you get this 'he barely plays' tosh

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hes a box to box player, he would he incredibly wasted as a 6 in my opinion. From what I have seen, he is very tenacious, very good at recovering the ball, carrying it and the games I have seen with Italy and Cagliari, he doesnt play as a sitter, he has actually played as an attacking midfielder for Cagliari this season.

Regista is not exactly number six in a classic way.

I still think we should stick with Sarri, get new players(after his wishes) and keep Jorginho. He is the king of that position. It took him some time to adapt at Napoli too but if a team os builded around him he can be a big weapon.. 

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

not true, after he was there for 2 weeks (they eased him in the first two league games) he has started every league game except two where he was carrying minor knocks

79389040e902dad8509f2ddf9739a662.png

he has also played (started 2) in all 3 Coupe de France games since he came

7f8f53bb5011ec1dfaa8d5cadd39ffcc.png

no clue where you get this 'he barely plays' tosh

Forgive me I was reading wrong stats obviously well thats debunked that theory haha.

2 hours ago, the wes said:

I hope so 

On 4/16/2019 at 6:10 PM, OneMoSalah said:

Paredes has barely played. Based on YouTube videos I will admit, he looked decent technically but again thats always the risk with judging players soley on youtube, he obviously isnt half the player many believed. I mean PSG wanted a 6 in the summer, didnt get one meaning they played a CB there for a while, Paredes has rarely gotten a game and considering PSG have effectively frozen out Adrien Rabiot ages ago after crying out for MF reinforcements in the summer.. says a lot regarding the fact hes barely started any games for them.

To be fair, I think the YouTube evidence was mixed at best: -

On 1/14/2019 at 0:24 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

Then I need to look around for better clips because, in the ones I've seen, he looks pretty ordinary to me.

Edit: He does look a player in these clips. On to the all touches vids next for a better look: -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssKU9wIhDxw

15 hours ago, the wes said:

Club on his level. Maybe he'll score there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/04/2019 at 7:21 PM, NikkiCFC said:

That is worded in a way to suggest that if we do have this ban in place next season then there is possibly a loophole to exploit with regards to players currently on loan. Very possibly because they are already registered with us, there is a potential loophole to be able to extend those loans (although if that was the case, I guess there would be consideration whether it would also work the other way around with regards to players we already have on loan). Not sold on Kovacic, but if we're in this mess next season being able to extend his loan will be helpful and £26m isn't a ridiculous figure. Last summer there was talk of Madrid wanting £50-60m for him.

No. Just plain and simple no. Transfer ban or not. No. Bang average player who has absolutely nothing in his arsenal to make us a better team. Might as well give ampadu a fair and true shot rather than hopelessly persisting with the likes of kovacic.

24 minutes ago, bakayokofan said:

No. Just plain and simple no. Transfer ban or not. No. Bang average player who has absolutely nothing in his arsenal to make us a better team. Might as well give ampadu a fair and true shot rather than hopelessly persisting with the likes of kovacic.

He's not average, he's just been playing in a position that exposes his weakness (end product), he's actually the exact type of player we were missing for Jose's double pivot and especially Conte's midfield two. However he must be signed as a Jorginho and Kante cover and not as a cheap solution to the attacking position of the 3.

As for Ampadu, his future's CB, he's an odinary midfielder but a (potentially) elite CB if/when he cuts out his rash tackles.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He's not average, he's just been playing in a position that exposes his weakness (end product), he's actually the exact type of player we were missing for Jose's double pivot and especially Conte's midfield two. However he must be signed as a Jorginho and Kante cover and not as a cheap solution to the attacking position of the 3.

As for Ampadu, his future's CB, he's an odinary midfielder but a (potentially) elite CB if/when he cuts out his rash tackles.

We are not playing a pivot. With RLC, I hope we stick to a mid 3. It suits him the best and he is a much better option to have than average players like kovacic.

He has played or rather tried for Madrid. Flopped. 

His best performances were with inter and those were Yeats back. He has shown absolutely nothing to be bought. Whenever he has played as a regista, we have looked hopelessly exposed. If jorginho is poor defensively, he is just pathetic. 

We need to stop spending big bucks (yes 26mil is a massive figure) on such players. 

In all fairness, 25m is worth a punt. Hes not been great, hes actually been disappointing in terms of when hes played in that more advanced role but 25m for a potentially very dependable squad player who can cover all 3 MF roles and hopefully would be used more at the base of midfield. Why not? I think if he could be more penetrative with his passing hed be a good player. Not outstanding but very rounded in terms of passing, dribbling, tackling... 25m for him wouldnt be the worst signing weve ever made. We spent 40m on Bakayoko and the cunt couldnt even run, yet alone dribble or tackle, so if its him or Bakayoko next season Id take Kovacic 100%.