Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

there is NO option at all with Kovacic

I wouldnt be so sure in all fairness.

Even then if Kova was to show desire to stay here and Madrid were open to selling him, it would be worth looking into. It depends on Modric this summer too, if Inter renew interest and push for him? Kovacic is undoubtedly viewed as Madrids successor for Modric. But again if Modric stays would he be happy splitting minutes?  

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

I wouldnt be so sure in all fairness.

Even then if Kova was to show desire to stay here and Madrid were open to selling him, it would be worth looking into. It depends on Modric this summer too, if Inter renew interest and push for him? Kovacic is undoubtedly viewed as Madrids successor for Modric. But again if Modric stays would he be happy splitting minutes?  

there is no option to buy in his loan contract

I am not making this up

to say there is one is simply untrue

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

there is no option to buy in his loan contract

I am not making this up

to say there is one is simply untrue

Regardless.

If there is or isnt, theres every chance a deal can be done. Madrid dont miss Kovacic and the player himself is happier playing here than rotting on a bench.

Was rumours last year we were talking about making the move permanent. 

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Regardless.

If there is or isnt, theres every chance a deal can be done. Madrid dont miss Kovacic and the player himself is happier playing here than rotting on a bench.

Was rumours last year we were talking about making the move permanent. 

It looks like we have almost no chance with Barella so I am oki with signing Kovacic IF he shows via starting in place of Jorginho in multiple games that he can handle DH DMF role. If he cannot, so long! He is wuthless as an AMF.

I am super unhappy with almost everything about the club atm, from the board, to Sarri, to contracts, to players on-pitch performance, on down. We are shambles from a future-forward perspective if we make no monster and numerous moves.

People are in delusional la-la land if they think we can go forward with Luiz, Azpi, Alonso, Kovacic (as AMF) Pedro, Willian (plus lose Hazard and CHO) and Higuain (long term) and be a top club.

NOT HAPPENING

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Unpopular opinion alert.

I think he's class but being used completely wrong. Should Sarri leave i would actually sign him on a perm for DM.

I think him and Kante as a '2' would work very well and complement each other.

If fit, we could also try Loftus-Cheek in a '10' role which I think he would be most suited as being given freedom. Otherwise between Hazard, CHO, Willian and Pedro it would allow us to play 3 of the 4.

For me the lack of bodies in and around the box when we attack is a problem and playing somebody higher up the pitch would help with that, but in doing so the midfield behind this needs to be strong enough to accommodate and those two would be in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Unpopular opinion alert.

I think he's class but being used completely wrong. Should Sarri leave i would actually sign him on a perm for DM.

Absolutely right. He has everything to become absolutely world class player if only he was utilized in a deeper midfield position. It's funny and sad how we've been crying for players like Jorginho and Kovacic who can link defense and midfield for entire decade and now when we finally have them it's the attacking midfield (as well as other positions) that has become the problem instead.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I hope we get rid of him asap. Complelely overrated player, contributes nothing apart from a few nice skills and ok defensive effort

that quite likely will happen whether we want him or not

he has been played out of position all year, so cannot really mash up on him

but for our team in the Sarriball 4 3 3, we can do better

Just now, communicate said:

I don't understand Kovacic at all. How a player with such excellent technical quality can play football so safe. His passing are meaningless and he does not dribble enough. Being on the bench for so long for Madrid has ruined him. 

Hes had it coached out of him at Inter I feel. They started playing him deeper when he went and not further up where he played in Croatia and for the NT. I dont think hes elevated his game since going to Madrid or being here either which is a shame because he has huge talent which should clearly be noticable in his performances. I accepted he wasnt going to score goals when we signed him but thought his technical attributes and footballing intelligence would more than make up for that. He is good at carrying the ball but that needs to be turned into something productive such as, can he get key passes and assists after that? Or even better, can he score after that? 

7 minutes ago, communicate said:

I don't understand Kovacic at all. How a player with such excellent technical quality can play football so safe. His passing are meaningless and he does not dribble enough. Being on the bench for so long for Madrid has ruined him. 

He has all the technical ability and pace but he doesn't understand the game at all. His movement and general awareness on the pitch are terrible. Without those qualities he'll never be able to impose himself and influence a football match.

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hes had it coached out of him at Inter I feel. They started playing him deeper when he went and not further up where he played in Croatia and for the NT. I dont think hes elevated his game since going to Madrid or being here either which is a shame because he has huge talent which should clearly be noticable in his performances. I accepted he wasnt going to score goals when we signed him but thought his technical attributes and footballing intelligence would more than make up for that. He is good at carrying the ball but that needs to be turned into something productive such as, can he get key passes and assists after that? Or even better, can he score after that? 

He can dribble and you can see his quality but his passing is really2 meaningless. I said that one pass to Hazard clearly sum up everything. Instead of trying to shoot and if the defender commit, pass to Hazard he pass to Hazard straight away. It was over hit but it was the wrong play.