Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

Kovacic has been quite disappointing lately. He's obviously incredible talented but you barely even notice that he's on the pitch because he doesn't do anything with the ball

Could say that for our whole front 3 and MF 3 recently tbf.

On 1/8/2019 at 11:13 AM, DH1988 said:

Not convinced, think he needs another season in the Premiership, at times when he dribbles I genuinely thought it was Hazard who had the ball and knits things together well but he lacks the extra bit of sharpness for me, I don't know if that comes with being paired with other midfield options.

If we have the opportunity to sign him for £30-35m in the summer, in today's market, I think it'd be good business. Even though he has much more than Barkley, I put them in the same category right now, decent options, nothing special, does in and around enough but nothing more. 

i think thats what the whole team lacks. that bite! No intensity. No 2nd gear.

We also have some good passers. Luiz,Jorgi,Kovacic. All good. But we dont get many of the lads moving into space off the ball. Yesterday you watch. Kovacic was always looking to see where Willan was. Amd the one time someone tried to get into space Luiz played a spot on ball to Pedro.

We do have the ability to play well but its just getting that ooomph and passion thats missing.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mccg said:

Chelsea likely to seal transfer of Real Madrid star as part of Eden Hazard deal

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/02/06/mateo-kovacic-chelsea-transfer-hazard-to-real-madrid/

shoot me now, ffs

hell no to Kovacic

GET BARELLA

mark my words, RM will give us £50m and Kovacic and still say THEY are overpaying

get the lube out, we are going to get fucked and no chocolates or roses involved

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

shoot me now, ffs

hell no to Kovacic

GET BARELLA

mark my words, RM will give us £50m and Kovacic and still say THEY are overpaying

get the lube out, we are going to get fucked and no chocolates or roses involved

ffs i was looking forward to some spainish chocalate lol wham bam thank you ma'am

36 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Before season we were afraid we won't be able to buy him from Real after loan expires now looks like nobody wants him.

He simply doesn't score. IF he can backup Jorginho (need to see him start in that role in at least 2 or 3 games) and if we cock up and don't get Tonali, sure, keep him, but in terms of an AMF he is nowhere near the level we need. Also, I see him as a direct block to us buying Barella.

Was properly excited when we got him, have to say tho I'm fairly underwhelmed. Need more, more goals, more assists, more! Personally I wouldn't be interested in bringing him in full time. Sooner see us attempt Isco or Asensio if there are any swaps to be done with Madrid for hazard

Personally, I hope we won't buy him. talented but he doesn't offer much threat going forward and his defensive game is perhaps on par with Barkley which doesn't say much. Not to mention he's highly rated and would cost much more money than he's really worth. Keep the money and try buying either of Ndombele or Aouar IMO.

On 06/02/2019 at 4:11 PM, Vesper said:

He simply doesn't score. IF he can backup Jorginho (need to see him start in that role in at least 2 or 3 games) and if we cock up and don't get Tonali, sure, keep him, but in terms of an AMF he is nowhere near the level we need. Also, I see him as a direct block to us buying Barella.

Kovavic doesn't score enough but neither does Barella...? 

For me, Barella is more of a box to box midfielder as opposed to the more offensive minded goal scoring MF player we need. He has one goal in Serie A this season. He is more suited to where Kante plays but he wouldn't dislodge Kante in my eyes. Not even in the next 2 or 3 years after this season. Cant see Kantes physical attributes declining massively either and his game has improved here on a few different levels, mainly tactically, technically as well as offensively this season. And in his best years I see this trend continuing.

10 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Kovavic doesn't score enough but neither does Barella...? 

For me, Barella is more of a box to box midfielder as opposed to the more offensive minded goal scoring MF player we need. He has one goal in Serie A this season. He is more suited to where Kante plays but he wouldn't dislodge Kante in my eyes. Not even in the next 2 or 3 years after this season. Cant see Kantes physical attributes declining massively either and his game has improved here on a few different levels, mainly tactically, technically as well as offensively this season. And in his best years I see this trend continuing.

I am (granted this is pure projection) looking at Barella as both a fill-in for Jorginho (and maybe would even have a shot at benching him if he was able to both pass and set up as a deep holder PLUS offer far better defence) and Kante plus eventually a double pivot with Kante if Sarri ever switches up the formation or gets sacked. He also could play where Kovacic now does when we need super hardcore defence.

I also do not think we have much of a shot at him anymore, after reading all these new reports about what happened with the transfer attempt. I think he stays in Italy. I am losing hope on obtaining Sandro Tonali too.

It is not looking good on either front. :(

52 minutes ago, Fernando said:

That's why a loan with option to buy was a really good deal from the board. 

I would still buy him if we get him for a cheaper prize then what Real madrid are asking. 

We shall see. 

there is NO option at all with Kovacic