Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

• 3 weeks later...

https://as.com/futbol/2018/12/03/primera/1543873622_443814.html

Real Madrid willing to sell Kovacic after the way the croatian and his entourage acted last summer to force a move, Chelsea and Tottenham have shown interest in him

Maybe unpopular opinion but still;

Im big fan of Kovacic and wanted him when he was still in inter. But I dont think we should pay 60m for him. Maybe he didnt adjust here yet, but he has rather poor phyisical shape, doesnt show enough grit in games and has zero end product. 

Has great ball control and passing, but doesnt do much with it. Sort of reminds me why he didnt break in RM team, much like Isco, they offer alot of flair, but dissapear when you count on them.

That said, RLC is walking good path and we should try making him starter if he continues to impress. Has good technique, decent passing that will improve, much better finish than Kovacic and maybe him being chelsea youth will also make him more passionate for the club which lacks some identity since Terry departure.

I wont be dissapointed either way if Kovacic stays or goes, because he is good player, but maybe right now we need to spend 60m elsewhere?

Also Mount will be here in season or two. Signing Kovacic will be big fuck off sign.

9 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Maybe unpopular opinion but still;

Im big fan of Kovacic and wanted him when he was still in inter. But I dont think we should pay 60m for him. Maybe he didnt adjust here yet, but he has rather poor phyisical shape, doesnt show enough grit in games and has zero end product. 

Has great ball control and passing, but doesnt do much with it. Sort of reminds me why he didnt break in RM team, much like Isco, they offer alot of flair, but dissapear when you count on them.

That said, RLC is walking good path and we should try making him starter if he continues to impress. Has good technique, decent passing that will improve, much better finish than Kovacic and maybe him being chelsea youth will also make him more passionate for the club which lacks some identity since Terry departure.

I wont be dissapointed either way if Kovacic stays or goes, because he is good player, but maybe right now we need to spend 60m elsewhere?

Also Mount will be here in season or two. Signing Kovacic will be big fuck off sign.

That money needs to be invested in a striker. Get Icardi for 100mil

We need to spend big and buying Kovacic and a striker, that's a sign of intent.
I don't see what Kovacic has offered thus far to warrant a permanent move. Buying someone like Icardi would show intent, though.

Just now, LAM09 said:
34 minutes ago, Special Juan said:
We need to spend big and buying Kovacic and a striker, that's a sign of intent.

I don't see what Kovacic has offered thus far to warrant a permanent move. Buying someone like Icardi would show intent, though.

Kovacic whilst he hasn't been amazing is an absolute quality player, signing him fattens the squad with quality.

The striker situation should be paid for by offloading shite deadwood.

Kovacic whilst he hasn't been amazing is an absolute quality player, signing him fattens the squad with quality.

The striker situation should be paid for by offloading shite deadwood.

We aren't going to go mad in any transfer window on the horizon, so I would prefer us to get a CF, RWF, FB & CB before signing him, personally.

The board/manager have to prioritise first and foremost instead of just getting the "easier" deals done.

REAL TO ASK CHELSEA FOR AT LEAST €30M TO SIGN KOVACIC

https://readchelsea.com/2018/12/07/real-to-ask-chelsea-for-at-least-e30m-to-sign-kovacic/

Real Madrid will reportedly ask for a minimum of €30 million from Chelsea in order to sign Mateo Kovacic on a permanent basis.

According to reports, Chelsea are happy to sign the Croatian international on a permanent deal at the end of the season.

With no option to buy included in the loan agreement, there were concerns that Chelsea could be priced out of a deal for the midfielder, but that no longer appears to be the case.

Kovacic has impressed during his short time at Stamford Bridge, having joined as part of the deal that saw Madrid sign Thibaut Courtois.

snip

20 minutes ago, Vesper said:

REAL TO ASK CHELSEA FOR AT LEAST €30M TO SIGN KOVACIC

https://readchelsea.com/2018/12/07/real-to-ask-chelsea-for-at-least-e30m-to-sign-kovacic/

Real Madrid will reportedly ask for a minimum of €30 million from Chelsea in order to sign Mateo Kovacic on a permanent basis.

According to reports, Chelsea are happy to sign the Croatian international on a permanent deal at the end of the season.

With no option to buy included in the loan agreement, there were concerns that Chelsea could be priced out of a deal for the midfielder, but that no longer appears to be the case.

Kovacic has impressed during his short time at Stamford Bridge, having joined as part of the deal that saw Madrid sign Thibaut Courtois.

snip

He hasn't been amazing.  At the start of the season, he was much more natural than Barkley or RLC.  But, those 2 have really come one, and their overall awareness has increased.  Having said that, for 30M, he's a great option to have.  We have no cover for Kante, and in our squad, I think he's the best option.

16 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

He hasn't been amazing.  At the start of the season, he was much more natural than Barkley or RLC.  But, those 2 have really come one, and their overall awareness has increased.  Having said that, for 30M, he's a great option to have.  We have no cover for Kante, and in our squad, I think he's the best option.

He is being played (just like Kante) completely out of position. He should be playing where Kante is now. He is a superb classic CMF, NOT an AMF. I am already looking ahead to a post Sarri agenda, as I dont think Sarri makes it to see 2020. Especialy if we do zero business in January (other than maybe Kovacic) and then the bans hit.

Sarri will deffo get sacked UNLESS he changes to a new formation and plays players where they belong and also is backed i the transfer market..

We were a horrid team for Sarri to come to. We have a horrifically bad board and we have every few pre existing players for Sarriball. We have massive weaknesses at completely key positions and a board who is now probably in lock down mode as the geo-political wolves circle Abramovich for the kill. I am starting to really only care about the club being sold before we get seized. Roman is on verge of being completely taken off the board (as in chess board). His foreign assets (including us) will be seized within a year to a year and half max I predict. I am still posting and keeping my mind occupied with transfers just to keep from completely going into a spiral of CFC depression.

34 minutes ago, Vesper said:

He is being played (just like Kante) completely out of position. He should be playing where Kante is now. He is a superb classic CMF, NOT an AMF. I am already looking ahead to a post Sarri agenda, as I dont think Sarri makes it to see 2020. Especialy if we do zero business in January (other than maybe Kovacic) and then the bans hit.

Sarri will deffo get sacked UNLESS he changes to a new formation and plays players where they belong and also is backed i the transfer market..

We were a horrid team for Sarri to come to. We have a horrifically bad board and we have every few pre existing players for Sarriball. We have massive weaknesses at completely key positions and a board who is now probably in lock down mode as the geo-political wolves circle Abramovich for the kill. I am starting to really only care about the club being sold before we get seized. Roman is on verge of being completely taken off the board (as in chess board). His foreign assets (including us) will be seized within a year to a year and half max I predict. I am still posting and keeping my mind occupied with transfers just to keep from completely going into a spiral of CFC depression.

I agree.  I think he and Kante should be rotated at that position.  If we're going to have 70% of the ball, Kante's ball winning ability is less useful.

I think the reason he's playing as the AMF is mostly down to RLC and Barkley, and their defensive deficiencies.  Sarri will not trust either of them to start a big match (and he's not wrong, IMO).  

Next season 4 midfielder of RLC/Barkley + Kovacic/Kante is pretty good (as long as RLC and Barkley keep improving).  If we want to improve, it's got to be either one of RLC or Barkley out and a better attacking player in.

Considering that we haven't had much time on the training pitch, I'm going to reserve judgement until Feb/March.  We won't get any real time at Cobham until January.  Hopefully we can see the same kind of progression that we saw at the start of the year.  It's gone a bit stagnant since playing twice a week.