Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

On 9/28/2018 at 9:04 AM, the wes said:

We need to do everything in our power to keep kovacic maybe even offer Morata in a swap deal for him 

haha Cheers mate I needed a giggle.Why on earth would RM want to take Morata back? Im not a big fan of their club but they don't strike me as being stupid. I should think they are still laughing at getting shot of him to us for the price we paid for him

But Mat K had a great game. Hes certainly got some good passes in him and that one to Eden was top notch.

Lets hope that Granny has already made some sort of a deal that cant be talked about till the next tax year

8 minutes ago, the wes said:

Florentino Pérez Has Been quote saying morata is always welcome back to play for RM in the future

Saying it amd putting his hand in his pocket are 2 different things bud

But we live in hope eh!

Worst case scenario we lose Kova and Hazard to Real Madrid. Best case both stay and then I seriously believe we can be a force in CL with the midfield and x-factor we have, just need the bloody striker situation sorted.

18 minutes ago, manpe said:

Worst case scenario we lose Kova and Hazard to Real Madrid. Best case both stay and then I seriously believe we can be a force in CL with the midfield and x-factor we have, just need the bloody striker situation sorted.

No - worse case is we lose them, get paid less than 1/2 of Edens worth as we have no leverage and we cant afford a top 3 upgrades nor a AMF that matches Kovacic!

7 hours ago, manpe said:

Who is this X Factor?

IF we are to be a true CL threat we need a truly WC CB, a WC LB, probably a WC AMF if Barkley doesnt pan out (especially if Kante simply doesn't adapt to new role, as then we slide Kovacic (or his replacement IF we lose him back ro RM) over to Kante role and go all out for a true AMF like Talisca or even better Kai Havertz, plus a WC RW and WC striker.

Thats not even counting losing Hazard (for, like UJ said, half his true worth).

Simply adding a striker solves none of those other issues.

55 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Simply adding a striker solves none of those other issues.

Nope. We have needed a proper balance for Eden ever since he joined and we tried MANY in that position with varying degrees of success.  A WC RW has been needed as much as we have needed creativity - which in the MF we now gladly have (tho I'd love Kovacic to set his  sights on the goal as I think he could do that. It would solve that particular issue)

And I dont understand how/why Sarri hasn't tried other players on the RW AND striker. He has done it very successfully at Napoli. Maybe he feels more pressure on him to succeed here?

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Nope. We have needed a proper balance for Eden ever since he joined and we tried MANY in that position with varying degrees of success.  A WC RW has been needed as much as we have needed creativity - which in the MF we now gladly have (tho I'd love Kovacic to set his  sights on the goal as I think he could do that. It would solve that particular issue)

And I dont understand how/why Sarri hasn't tried other players on the RW AND striker. He has done it very successfully at Napoli. Maybe he feels more pressure on him to succeed here?

At RW I have no clue (especially Barkley as Sarri seems to rate him. Striker is simpler, we only have 2, he plays the both. Only options there is a false nine or to try Alonso at CF (joking). Maybe try Barkley there too? Much rather Barks have a go at RW. Something just tells me he could rip it up there.

Btw, Luiz is here to stay. For sure. Sarri loves him.   https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/30/maurizio-sarri-name-the-chelsea-star-who-has-surprised-him-the-most-7993199/  I sure hope he is doing right thing.

If he pulls the same shit with Willian though, I am going to go bonkers. As long as Luiz makes no mental errors, it will always be Willian who fucks us up the most, along with Morata.

Willian is a horrid RW for Sarriball. He slows the game down more than any RW (especially one who actually has pace) we have had in years. Let's hope Pedro recovers soon.

Moses was a fucking shambolic mess at RW too. I actually would give him a shot at trad RB. Zappacosta will soon demand a transfer. Moses could be better used as Azpi b/u. Maybe even be quite good. Don't know till we try.

Cup tie line up I would love to see against Lamps

GK Willie

CB Ampadu

CB AC

LB Emerson

RB Moses (if he is shit there, pull him quick and put Zappa in)

DH DMF  Fabregas

CMF Drinkwater (not joking, Kova and Kante need rest, and we are paying Drinkwater bloody £6.24m a year. Good time to showcase him for a sale in January)

AMF RLC

LW CHO 

RW Barkley 

CF Morata (play him until he either scores or breaks down sobbing on the pitch like a baby)

I REALLY would kill to see that line-up. So many questions answered (even is only a little).

We still should smash Derby, even if that's who we put out.

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

At RW I have no clue (especially Barkley as Sarri seems to rate him. Striker is simpler, we only have 2, he plays the both. Only options there is a false nine or to try Alonso at CF (joking). Maybe try Barkley there too? Much rather Barks have a go at RW. Something just tells me he could rip it up there.

Btw, Luiz is here to stay. For sure. Sarri loves him. I sure hope he is doing right thing.

If he pulls the same shit with Willian though, I am going to go bonkers. As long as Luiz makes no mental errors, it will always be Willian who fucks us up the most, along with Morata.

Willian is a horrid RW for Sarriball. He slows the game down more than any RW (especially one who actually has pace) we have had in years. Let's hope Pedro recovers soon.

Moses was a fucking shambolic mess at RW too. I actually would give him a shot at trad RB. Zappacosta will soon demand a transfer. Moses could be better used as Azpi b/u. Maybe even be quite good. Don't know till we try.

Cup tie line up I would love to see against Lamps

GK Willie

CB Ampadu

CB AC

LB Emerson

RB Moses (if he is shit there, pull him quick and put Zappa in)

DH DMF  Fabregas

CMF Drinkwater (not joking, Kova and Kante need rest, and we are paying Drinkwater bloody £6.24m a year. Good time to showcase him for a sale in January)

AMF RLC

LW CHO 

RW Barkley 

CF Morata (play him until he either scores or breaks down sobbing on the pitch like a baby)

I REALLY would kill to see that line-up. So many questions answered (even is only a little).

We still should smash Derby, even if that's who we put out.

hello Mrs Feeling no pain whatsoever right now and would normally stay well away from PC nut been sending out prezzies I made for peeps and I heard my bleep shouting me :)

I was just wondering if we could try Alonso or Pedro as striker. They cant be any worse than Morata shirley!

I stuck my Videoton (what a great name eh) in match thingy. Not sure about Derby yet

Mateo Kovacic is a fantastic talent – but he should be bringing even more to this Chelsea team

https://www.footballfancast.com/features/fixture-in-focus/chelsea-vs-liverpool/mateo-kovacic-is-a-fantastic-talent-but-he-should-be-bringing-even-more-to-this-chelsea-team

Mateo Kovacic is one of those players who always seems to be operating in only second or third gear.

Mateo-Kovacics-stats-from-Chelseas-draw-with-Liverpool.thumb.jpg.0dc5869cb720e1aa3d177afc815de091.jpg

27 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Mateo Kovacic is a fantastic talent – but he should be bringing even more to this Chelsea team

https://www.footballfancast.com/features/fixture-in-focus/chelsea-vs-liverpool/mateo-kovacic-is-a-fantastic-talent-but-he-should-be-bringing-even-more-to-this-chelsea-team

Mateo Kovacic is one of those players who always seems to be operating in only second or third gear.

Mateo-Kovacics-stats-from-Chelseas-draw-with-Liverpool.thumb.jpg.0dc5869cb720e1aa3d177afc815de091.jpg

I will play flavour of the day. Let's say we do buy Ramsey. Who then sits, Kova or Kante, or does Ramsey take over Barkley's place and if so, what do we do with Barkley?

You can substitute any high end AMF/CMF buy inot this question as well. It doesn't have to be Ramsey.

Finally, another catch-22. IF Kovacic does explode and take it to a crazy level (which I KNOW he can) that almost guarantees Real takes him back.

Kova loan and Eden contract situ are two HUGE clouds (plus, obviously striker) we are facing.

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Finally, another catch-22. IF Kovacic does explode and take it to a crazy level (which I KNOW he can) that almost guarantees Real takes him back.

Kova loan and Eden contract situ are two HUGE clouds (plus, obviously striker) we are facing.

Agree Mrs! f258bf24ba0510ea3cad990d50a7b0e8.gif

DEEP down I have a optimistic streak about Eden. I'm pissed that hes doing this and i don't understand it really. Theres nowt stopping him signing NOW and still going to RM IF they come a knocking UNLESS the club are adamant of installing a fuck off big buyout clause that he thinks will put RM off!

As for Mat K I really do HOPE Granny being the savvy business person she is has got some sort of deal already sussed out with RM

I really did go on a bit much about how important either him or Golovin would be to us before he joined and I'm so happy I was right. I can see him getting even better if he went into attack mode and just dying to see it happen.

21 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I will play flavour of the day. Let's say we do buy Ramsey. Who then sits, Kova or Kante, or does Ramsey take over Barkley's place and if so, what do we do with Barkley?

You can substitute any high end AMF/CMF buy inot this question as well. It doesn't have to be Ramsey.

I don't think Kovacic is going to explode.  But, he doesn't really need to to be a crucial part of this team.  In fact, just the level he's playing at now, makes me want to buy him (depending on if there's an agreement or whatever that murky situation is) instead of Ramsey on the cheap.  Now, if we were to sell Barkley and get Ramsey (and come out net + in the deal, okay, maybe).  

I'm optimistic about Eden as well.  But, I get his end, the longer this goes on, the more power he has.  It's not just about a move to Real.  If he decides to stay, he can still get himself a better deal in the summer.  

Another question mark out there is what to do about a back-up to Jorginho.  Cesc has only played the one match there, so the jury is still out.  Even if he's pretty good in the role (all we need from a back-up), he's not getting younger and Jorginho can't play every match.  Considering how crucial the position is for us, a back up DLP is pretty high on the priority list too.  Or, at least will be in the coming year. 

1 minute ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Another question mark out there is what to do about a back-up to Jorginho.  Cesc has only played the one match there, so the jury is still out.  Even if he's pretty good in the role (all we need from a back-up), he's not getting younger and Jorginho can't play every match.  Considering how crucial the position is for us, a back up DLP is pretty high on the priority list too.  Or, at least will be in the coming year. 

In my fantasyland world, we would scupper Shitty to Neves. He has insane upside and can play any role in the MF,but,most importantly the Jorginho role (DH DMF)

Zero chance we drop £100m on him though.

Frenkie de Jong is the other young superstar in the making who can play DH DMF too (along with, (and this crazy), traditional DMF, CB, LB, RB, CMF, AMF, and even winger) Itis also fantasyland we land him,as even more than Neves, ALL, EVERY top ten, top 15 club want de Jong badly.

Santiago Ascacíbar (21yo Argentine) from Stuttgart would be great b/u,but he is also going to be VERY costly

Jean-Philippe Gbamin ,23yo Cote d'Ivoire on FSV Mainz 05 in the Bundesliga is also going to be really pricey,and is more of a traditional DMF

Same for 21yo Frenchman Lucas Tousart from Lyon (my dog, is that team LOADED with young talent)

Other options are also not cheap, Julian Weigl from Dortmund (Shitty on him too) and then the most realistic I think, Leandro Paredes from Zenit (Roma had to sell him and Rudiger to meet FFP)

Stanislav Lobotka (23yo Slovakian) from Celta Vigo often plays in a kind of Jorginho role too, and Spurs and PSG are all over him, Spuds has a £31m bid turned down at the window's end this summer.

I was shocked AC Milan sold Manuel Locatelli (20yo) for only £9m to Sassuolo this summer.He is already helping them immensely (they are only not in 3rd place in Serie A due to goal differential, as their defence has been shit). 

Sander Berge (20yo Norwegian who is exploding at Genk) is another possible option, but not sotested. Big lad too, 1.93m

Santiago Cáseres, 21yo Argentine who Villarreal just bought is another one

Danilo Barbosa da Silva on Nice  (22yo Brasilian) is also out there

39 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I'm optimistic about Eden as well.  But, I get his end, the longer this goes on, the more power he has.  It's not just about a move to Real.  If he decides to stay, he can still get himself a better deal in the summer.  

What mate - more power than the supposedly £350k a week he was SUPPOSEDLY offered? Well if thats true he will go down in my esimation of him Theres paying a man too much money then theres greedy bastards!!

39 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

We should be using Ethan as Jorgi boys stand in mate. Job done!